Uno networks are down - won't allow connections

They are blaming the players - and the players service providers rather than taking responsibility and fixing the issue on their end. The problem began with a recent update they made as previous to that there was no issue. If you reach out to them, they will respond with - you are wrong and here's how to fix you are wrong...none of which actually fixes the issue, but further perpetuates the idea they they are blameless.

This is an ONGOING PROBLEM FOR MULTIPLE PEOPLE OVER THE PAST 3 DAYS ON MULTIPLE PLATFORMS WITH MULTIPLE ISPs. The common denominator? Ubisoft's recent update and their servers.........

UBISOFT - FIX. THE. SERVERS.

Surprise

Game just started working today with NOTHING on my end changed..... so - ....what do you make of that B.S.?

I have my theories - see above.

UbiKobold's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello and sorry for the delay. I am happy to hear that UNO is working for you now! Our Game team has been investigating this issue, so I am glad that you are able to play now. Thank you for reaching out in regards to this, and I apologize for any trouble that it may have caused you in the meantime. If you start to experience any more difficulties with the game however please let me know!

50%

The game allows loading and creating an online match..........however...........every friend is offline, regardless of our online status - the dashboard shows online - the game does not - at not point are we "offline" or in "offline mode" on any part of the game or any other application connected to it (i.e., steam).

Update

So, I don't think it's understood that I can play an online game with random strangers - it will find a match and drop me into a game without issue - what it WON'T do is to allow me to connect with anyone on the friends list now...even if we are both online, we both show as offline regardless. The Ubisoft dashboard and software (Connect) show as "online", so this is something on the developer's end.

ubi-smash's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there, my apologies for the frustration this issue has been trying to play Uno. Please know that our team has collected similar reports of this and this has been forwarded to our team for investigation. As a workaround, we recommend completing our PC Connectivity Guide here. We thank you for your continued patience in the meantime.

Final Thoughts

Ok - The PC Connectivity Guide you continuously link to me was of no help. The solution did not require port forwarding and port forwarding was not changed.

It has taken five days (February 20 - February 25) to fix the issue which apparently had a somewhat simple solution. Why it took 5 days, no one knows, but that's honestly not an acceptable timetable especially when all the support just keeps re-hashing the same instructions, which, again, did not help. Granted, it might help some, but five days of the same information is overkill.

First Suggestion:

Using a command prompt in Administrator mode:

ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

then follow the instructions below (along with what I encountered as a result)

For Steam Players (My platform):

The Instructions that helped:

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

1. Completely exit the Steam client.
    2. Open the run dialogue by pressing Windows key + R. You can also navigate here from the start menu by typing run.
    3. Type steam://flushconfig and press Enter. If asked to allow this website to open a program, please click Allow or OK.
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. Now launch Steam directly from the installation folder, not from a pre-existing shortcut (~C:\program files (x86)\Steam).
    -The Steam application will either appear as Steam or Steam.exe depending on whether your settings show file extensions.

My Response:
    1. I completely exited the Steam client.
    2. I pressed Windows+R to get a command line run box.
    3. I typed steam://flushconfig and a window appeared that asked if I wanted to delete the download cache. I clicked ok.
    4. There was a brief "steam updating" window that appeared and disappeared.
    5. I shut down the computer and restarted.
    6. I navigated to the Steam.exe file and clicked on it.
    7. I navigated to the Uno selection.
    8. I clicked Play
    9. Uno started as it normally does - there was a steam window the popped up and said "view updates" or "launch game"
    10. I launched the game.
    11. I navigated through different windows - I tried normal play and then went to online, both worked as per usual.
    12. I was able to be dropped into a game.
    13. I can create an online game.

The above 13 actions resulted in one issue - the game would not allow me to click a card to invite anyone to the game or to click Shift+F2 for the overlay - basically it appears to bork the overlay; at this point, I chose to uninstall the game (via steam) and to reinstall it, which fixed the overlay issue and allow me to click invite, use the overlay and finally see friends online.

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by JingleJangleTwi Go to original post
    Ok - The PC Connectivity Guide you continuously link to me was of no help. The solution did not require port forwarding and port forwarding was not changed.

It has taken five days (February 20 - February 25) to fix the issue which apparently had a somewhat simple solution. Why it took 5 days, no one knows, but that's honestly not an acceptable timetable especially when all the support just keeps re-hashing the same instructions, which, again, did not help. Granted, it might help some, but five days of the same information is overkill.

First Suggestion:

Using a command prompt in Administrator mode:

ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew

then follow the instructions below (along with what I encountered as a result)

For Steam Players (My platform):

The Instructions that helped:

Note: This process will not affect your currently installed games.

1. Completely exit the Steam client.
    2. Open the run dialogue by pressing Windows key + R. You can also navigate here from the start menu by typing run.
    3. Type steam://flushconfig and press Enter. If asked to allow this website to open a program, please click Allow or OK.
    4. Restart your computer.
    5. Now launch Steam directly from the installation folder, not from a pre-existing shortcut (~C:\program files (x86)\Steam).
    -The Steam application will either appear as Steam or Steam.exe depending on whether your settings show file extensions.

My Response:
    1. I completely exited the Steam client.
    2. I pressed Windows+R to get a command line run box.
    3. I typed steam://flushconfig and a window appeared that asked if I wanted to delete the download cache. I clicked ok.
    4. There was a brief "steam updating" window that appeared and disappeared.
    5. I shut down the computer and restarted.
    6. I navigated to the Steam.exe file and clicked on it.
    7. I navigated to the Uno selection.
    8. I clicked Play
    9. Uno started as it normally does - there was a steam window the popped up and said "view updates" or "launch game"
    10. I launched the game.
    11. I navigated through different windows - I tried normal play and then went to online, both worked as per usual.
    12. I was able to be dropped into a game.
    13. I can create an online game.

The above 13 actions resulted in one issue - the game would not allow me to click a card to invite anyone to the game or to click Shift+F2 for the overlay - basically it appears to bork the overlay; at this point, I chose to uninstall the game (via steam) and to reinstall it, which fixed the overlay issue and allow me to click invite, use the overlay and finally see friends online.
    Thank you for the update and I'm really sorry to hear about your experience.

If this problem persists, feel free to create a ticket on our support page.

You can also contact us via social media: Facebook or Twitter.

Our team will be more than happy to investigate it further for you. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.