Global Events

Greetings,

First of all I know that Anno 2070 is an old game and I can understand the limited support for online features, but since the DLC's related to the Global Events are still on sale and can be payed for, they should still be playable, otherwise you are selling a defective product. Thank you.

Best regards;

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by bionutandrei Go to original post
    Greetings,

First of all I know that Anno 2070 is an old game and I can understand the limited support for online features, but since the DLC's related to the Global Events are still on sale and can be payed for, they should still be playable, otherwise you are selling a defective product. Thank you.

Best regards;
    Hey there bionutandrei!

Thank you for reaching out, I'm afraid there are no known plans to bring back to the Global Event rotation in the future, however we'll pass your feedback into the team for their consideration

Sorry for any inconvenience or confusion regarding the DLC and I hope you're able to join the game's still available features!

If there's anything else we can help with, please let us know!

Thank you for responding, please consider patching them to be played offline if possible (and maybe have them give career points rewards each time they are completed); some gameplay features like the Orca and achievements are lock behind the completion of the Global Events, and that it's really frustrating for a completionist like me (and probably others too), not to mention that the completion of Career Paths doing only the daily quests (maybe also consider increasing daily quest career points reward or allow for the quest to be completed more than once/day) would take 759 days that is a little more than 2 years.

I would love just to move on and try playing Anno 1800 but unfortunately I have an old computer, and while I consider building a new PC, punting aside CPU and GPU shortages and exorbitant prices, it would simply not be a wise expense for me considering the ongoing covid-19 pandemic.

Best regards;
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by bionutandrei Go to original post
    Thank you for responding, please consider patching them to be played offline if possible (and maybe have them give career points rewards each time they are completed); some gameplay features like the Orca and achievements are lock behind the completion of the Global Events, and that it's really frustrating for a completionist like me (and probably others too), not to mention that the completion of Career Paths doing only the daily quests (maybe also consider increasing daily quest career points reward or allow for the quest to be completed more than once/day) would take 759 days that is a little more than 2 years.

I would love just to move on and try playing Anno 1800 but unfortunately I have an old computer, and while I consider building a new PC, punting aside CPU and GPU shortages and exorbitant prices, it would simply not be a wise expense for me considering the ongoing covid-19 pandemic.

Best regards;
    Hey there,

Thank you for your feedback, we can certainly pass this onto the team as something for them to consider!

If there's anything else we can help with at all, please let us know!

This is worrying news.

Do we have any insight as to why the Global Events are not planned to come back? Anno 2070 heavily relies on connected features (events, career completion, daily mission, multiplayer modes, ...), and as such I can't understand why one of the feature would be shut down but not the rest. Does this mean the rest of the online features will be shut down shortly too?

Anno 2070 is still sold, and as of now some in-game rewards are locked out indefinitely. I really would like to see the events come back, or at the very least, it would be nice if we could play the global event missions without relying on Ubisoft servers, so we could complete the achievements and unlock the rewards.

Are there any plan to rework Anno 2070 as it's been for the history editions of older games? Anno 2070 is probably the best futuristic Anno, and many would love to have a 64bit version with less of the requirement to rely on ubisoft servers for some in-game features. I would even offer to do the work by myself for free if I knew who to contact to get access to the code under NDA

Originally Posted by AnnonymousGeek Go to original post
    This is worrying news.

Do we have any insight as to why the Global Events are not planned to come back? Anno 2070 heavily relies on connected features (events, career completion, daily mission, multiplayer modes, ...), and as such I can't understand why one of the feature would be shut down but not the rest. Does this mean the rest of the online features will be shut down shortly too?

Anno 2070 is still sold, and as of now some in-game rewards are locked out indefinitely. I really would like to see the events come back, or at the very least, it would be nice if we could play the global event missions without relying on Ubisoft servers, so we could complete the achievements and unlock the rewards.

Are there any plan to rework Anno 2070 as it's been for the history editions of older games? Anno 2070 is probably the best futuristic Anno, and many would love to have a 64bit version with less of the requirement to rely on ubisoft servers for some in-game features. I would even offer to do the work by myself for free if I knew who to contact to get access to the code under NDA
    Hey guys!

I've seen reports of players being able to access the Global Event again recently

Can you please sign in and see if you're able to access them again too?

Thank you!

Yes! The event is now live and we can access it.

Thank you for looking into it.

Global Events are off again! please fix!

someone?

Ubi-Thrupney's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Global events are back up, so the next one should be along very shortly! Thanks for your patience while we looked into that