How to Counter LightSpamming! ( For Low Levels or Beginners)

Hello!

Im here to talk about how to counter lightspamming in For Honor. Since people have a hard time on blocking and parrying light they start to complain. I will tell you what to do in order to improve but that is your choice and this is my opinion.

How to Counter Lightspammers:

The game is all about predictions and reads when it comes to light attacks. To understand how to counter light spam you have to read your opponent. Just like a fighting game such as Mortal Kombat you can study the directions of your opponents attacks since most players have a certain pattern based off there own muscle memory when they attack you. Once you do read them you have the advantage. Beginners or Starter players will be at a lost and feel pressured since they like to light and dodge spam. They won't know what to do since they only understand lightspamming. Now for Pros you have to play a lot different. Most pros turtle (Also known as passive plays) so you can't understand there attack pattern. Try to be unpredictable when fighting them and don't spam attacks. Fient your attacks and do mixups. Not too many mixups tho.

Just try your Best!!

Training:

Light Block Training: Choose Highlander or Shugoki and put to light attack only. (COOLDOWN OFF)

Heavy Block Training: Choose Gladiator or Centurion and put to Heavy attack only. (COOLDOWN OFF)

Deflect Training: Select Tinadi and select all undodgeable attacks. OR Choose Orochi and selectd all undodgeable attacks. Tinadi is way harder to deflect but I recommend start off with Orochi first for Beginners. (COOLDOWN OFF)

This training will help you improve on Parrying, Blocking, and Deflecting. But this is Training mode. It will help you improve but you still need to read real opponents since that's what the game about and your facing AIs in training mode not actually people. If you want to improve at reading your opponents start off learning in Duels or ask a friend for help. That's all! Now Stop Complaining and Improve!!!

PS, Once your good in Duels I recommend go play Rank to see where your skill level at.
     1 people found this helpful

OreoRx's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by MastlyCJ Go to original post
    Since people have a hard time on blocking and parrying light they start to complain. I will tell you what to do in order to improve but that is your choose and this is my opinion.

How to Counter Lightspammers:

The game is all about predictions and reads when it comes to light attacks. To understand how to counter light spam you have to read your opponent. Just like a fighting game like Mortal Kombat you can study the directions on your opponents since most players have a certain pattern based off there muscle memory when they attack you. Once you do read them you have the advantage. Beginners or Starter players will be at a lost and feel pressured since they like to light and dodge spam. But for Pros you have to play a lot different. Most pros turtle so you can't understand there attack pattern. Try to be unpredictable when fighting them and don't spam attacks. Fient your attacks or do mixups Just try your Best!!

Training:

Light Block Training: Choose Highlander or Shugoki and put to light attack only. (COOLDOWN OFF)

Heavy Block Training: Choose Gladiator or Centurion and put to Heavy attack only. (COOLDOWN OFF)

Delfect Training: Select Tinadi and select all undodgeable attacks. OR Choose Orochi and selectd all undodgeable attacks. The Tinadi way harder to deflect but I recommend start off with Orochi first for Beginners. (COOLDOWN OFF)

This training will help you improve on Parrying, Blocking, and Deflecting. But this is Training mode. It will help you improve but you still need to read real opponents since that's what the game about and your facing AIs in training not actually people. If you want to start reading opponents start off learning in Duels or ask a friend. That's all! Now Stop Complaining and Improve!!!

PS, Once your good in Duels I recommend go play Rank to see where your skill level at.
    Trying to help people improve in For Honor is a great idea. Love the training ideas you suggested too. Well Done!!!

Originally Posted by OreoRx Go to original post
    Trying to help trash people I see. Good!

My bad that was a bad comment let me repeat that.

Trying to help Braindeads I See.

Better
    Hes just trying to help new or struggling players, why do you have to turn that into some elitist bs?

MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member

Better
    I didn't realize this thread was about you!

Better
    I'm trying to help them. Don't be so negative!
    Even if I agree still shouldn't be so disrespectful to a forum that's trying to help beginners

MayanKingGaming's Avatar Senior Member
    in fact these sugestions are common sense and actually help beginners. For new players that are lost , common sense are not that easy to "unlock" in this game, cause the learning curve is really big and hard. Also there are many chars , many young persons feel lost at the start.

I do understand that for some people this is so obvious, but not every people can figure things that easy.
    I figured them but Im old and worked as a researcher, I can´t expect all young lads to be that analytical... and I can add some other tips, for example set kensei in the arena to just do dodge attacks and lights combos. THis will train your neurons(yes neurons) to react faster to the animations. Especially if you are on the slower spectre of reaction times.
    Homever, this is a step further in the training, for basic training what mastly sugested is enough.

*why kensei? cause kensei lightspam is worst than orochi, and the dodge attack is the safest of the game only second maybe to the gryphon one.
    Orochi is a good option too, but again the most dangerous lghtspam is from kenseis.

Originally Posted by MayanKingGaming Go to original post
    in fact these sugestions are common sense and actually help beginners. For new players that are lost , common sense are not that easy to "unlock" in this game, cause the learning curve is really big and hard. Also there are many chars , many young persons feel lost at the start.

I do understand that for some people this is so obvious, but not every people can figure things that easy.
    I figured them but Im old and worked as a researcher, I can´t expect all young lads to be that analytical... and I can add some other tips, for example set kensei in the arena to just do dodge attacks and lights combos. THis will train your neurons(yes neurons) to react faster to the animations. Especially if you are on the slower spectre of reaction times.
    Homever, this is a step further in the training, for basic training what mastly sugested is enough.

*why kensei? cause kensei lightspam is worst than orochi, and the dodge attack is the safest of the game only second maybe to the gryphon one.
    Orochi is a good option too, but again the most dangerous lghtspam is from kenseis.
    Thanks you deserve a Cookie

Better
    Maybe if you wouldn't be one of those braindeads, you had not opened an attention ***** "I quit unless" topic recently.

OreoRx's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Goat_of_Vermund Go to original post
    Maybe if you wouldn't be one of those braindeads, you had not opened an attention ***** "I quit unless" topic recently.
    Ok first of all I was talking about people who don't try to improve even with given advice. I wasn't saying people overall. But what I say was a too far I apologize for that I will change and update that. Sorry for the Negative Behavior.

MayanKingGaming's Avatar Senior Member
    Ok first of all I was talking about people who don't try to improve even with given advice. I wasn't saying people overall. But what I say was a too far I apologize for that I will change and update that. Sorry for the Negative Behavior.
    oh well kudos to you to accept a mistake, maybe it was the context that was a little out of place, cheers.