So, at the beginning of Brotherhood, Lucy tells everyone that, as far as she knows, only she, Desmond, Shaun and Rebecca know about the Vault and Minerva. Obviously, Vidic had his suspicions about the Vault beneath the Vatican, hence why he flagged up Ezio in 16's DNA.

However, William M. states in an email to Lucy "We've long had our suspicions about Minerva and the Vault" or something along those lines...in direct contradiction to what Lucy had said.

Discuss.

rocketxsurgeon's Avatar Senior Member
    Nice idea. It does contradict Lucy, but until we learn about William M, we can't determine whether the motives are good of bad. Good question though, why would Lucy say that?

notafanboy's Avatar Senior Member
    ii have heard much about this "william M" who is he? never heard about him before .

Exactly. Told you she was hiding something

I'd also like to know what exactly she is stressing about to William M. in the later emails. We can't find out by going through her emails, because he states it's a voicemail she left him.

Also, on the "knowing more than they let on" note, what about Shaun's riddle and the solution? Where did he get the riddle from, what's the solution and how does it lead to another PoE?

ChaosxNetwork's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally posted by notafanboy:
    ii have heard much about this "william M" who is he? never heard about him before .
    No one noes exactly, if you check your emails in 2012 you will see that Lucy and the others have received some from this William M.
    I think that William Miles, Desmonds Farther.

Perhaps! Though Lucy seemed broken-hearted when she didn't know whether Desmond's parents had escaped the Templar purge or not... so why wouldn't she tell him? Damn, enigmatic Lucy Stillman...

If William M. is Desmond's father, Lucy might not know. As far as we know Desmond has never told her his parents names, and if he has Lucy could think it would be a distraction to Desmond if he knows his father is keeping an eye on him.

Master_Rahl's Avatar Member
    But Desmond is the one reading the emails and seeing they're from William M. If his father's name was William and he knew it, wouldn't it make him wonder? I don't necessarily think William M isn't Desmond's father, but if he is, I don't think Desmond knows the name.

^ ....now why didn't I think of that?!

Though Desmond does have a habit or hiding blatantly out-of-place things....

I feel it's pretty obvious that they know more than what they've told Desmond, just from all the context clues we can gather through their email conversations etc...

What really seems strange to me is how Desmond is ignorant (or at least plays ignorant) to a few things; at the beginning when they're still in the van driving. They begin talking about the POE and Desmond acted as if he'd never heard of it before... then again, maybe he'd just never heard it called POE instead of Piece of Eden. Either way, when he reads the emails, I wish he would ask about them or at least think to himself (and we could hear his thoughts) what he thinks may be going on. It feels like the emails are meant more for us, the gamer, than Desmond...