I have had the game in the past and my computer was within the required specs, and it constantly crashed. Made a complaint on here about it and got totally crapped on. So today I have a new computer that cost me nearly $5000 and it far exceeds the requirements needed and still constantly crashing. So seems nothing has changed other than everyone else had the same issue now.

Originally Posted by fredspekvet Go to original post
    I crash mainly in inventory / browsing vendors. The game just hangs the entire system up, can't even open the task manager to end process. Happens on DX12 only, but DX11 offers severely lower performance for my card , somehow. running a Ryzen 5 3600 , 16 gb ram and a 6800 XT videocard.

The DX12 hang is real, but it offers little clue as to what causes it. I run without the overlay, all drivers up to date. Problem is the game just hangs for me, no error message, nothing. the only course is a full reset of the system.
    The DirectX 12 hangs/freezes are indeed brutal, and it is true that they happen more often when browsing the inventory. They are different to the CTDs though. For the DirectX 12 crashes I play in Windowed-Fullscreen so I can at least close the game via Task Manager when it crashes - something you cannot do when playing in Fullscreen.

It's the inconstancy that gets me. One day I can play for hours without a problem, then the next day it's constant crashing. It can crash in the middle of a mission, looking at the map or when you're simply sorting through your inventory. There is no apparent trigger for it. Just BAM - game closes and I'm back at my desktop.

All my drivers are up to date as is Windows. I don't use any overlays and the only other application running is my iCue software that controls my mouse and keyboard (and the game crashes the same with or without that running). DX11 is worse than DX12, the game is basically unplayable if I choose DX11.

Originally Posted by S3lll Go to original post
    The DirectX 12 hangs/freezes are indeed brutal, and it is true that they happen more often when browsing the inventory. They are different to the CTDs though. For the DirectX 12 crashes I play in Windowed-Fullscreen so I can at least close the game via Task Manager when it crashes - something you cannot do when playing in Fullscreen.
    hi, i can kill via task manager when the game freeze completely, playing in fullscreen dx12.

After reinstalling the game and ubiconnect i was able to play for 3 days without a single crash, yesterday evening (after 5mn of playing time), the game close, this morning, rescue mission (5 mn also), renegat in the place, the game close again. Like Nifol say, it's very weird...

Originally Posted by Nifol Go to original post
    It's the inconstancy that gets me. One day I can play for hours without a problem, then the next day it's constant crashing. It can crash in the middle of a mission, looking at the map or when you're simply sorting through your inventory. There is no apparent trigger for it. Just BAM - game closes and I'm back at my desktop.

All my drivers are up to date as is Windows. I don't use any overlays and the only other application running is my iCue software that controls my mouse and keyboard (and the game crashes the same with or without that running). DX11 is worse than DX12, the game is basically unplayable if I choose DX11.
    You're right. if there was no difference in playing DX11 and 12, i'd go with 11. if that fixes the crashes.. gladly. BUT that's not the case. on my 6800 XT , DX11 performance is a lot worse. DX12 is butter smooth, but dx11 is a stutterfest with hitching and framedrops while turning the camera. It just sucks out all the joy of playing. I have none of these issues on DX12. I'm open for UBI to remove DX12 from the game alltogether, but then I would like a fully functional and equally performing DX11 function instead.

So we have to wait a year before you guys can fix this ok i got it uninstall the game guys it will take a year before they can fix the game...See you then agents...

I had a CTD this morning while clearing a control point. Last night, 2 of our clan members had CTD during the final boss in the Iron Horse raid which really sucks because we had to wipe to get them back in since they can't join while we are in combat. Since 12.1, every single person in our clan that I have spoken to has had this happen so it isn't "rare" and a small percentage of the population. If you haven't had it happen then congrats but I believe that you are in the minority.

I work for a massive software company and have been in software development for my entire career so I understand that errors are made, bugs are created and problems occur. What is really important is how a company responds to these situations. In the world of software development, I would classify this as a Severity 0 bug and if it were my team of developers I would stop all other activity, create a war room and work tirelessly until the bug was found and fixed. This may be happening at Massive and if it is I wish you the best of luck but if it is not then I, and many others are going to be VERY disappointed. It would be great if there were more communication from the Massive team on what is going on. Are you taking this serious? Are people working to find and fix the issue? What is the ETA of a fix?
     1 people found this helpful

Have you any further updates on this issue please? Thank you

Probably find it is a piece of code for memory usage so poorly written it should have remained a thought. The last time I complained about this I had to send in endless files to Ubi and then my system config got blamed. Hows this, my system spec may be too high. PMSL. Yip, too potent.

Then I was told the great lie of, its Windows 10. "Just reinstall W10, and see if that helps."

On a lighter note, lets hope they fix this, I crash around 2-4 times during a game session.

Hi Forum Admin & Moderators,

A quick look at your official Discord, in #unofficial-troublehooting, some of us managed to fix the crash to desktop issue by uninstalling 2-3 Windows Updates. Can't recall what's the KB number, you can search through in the Discord server.

After further investigation, 1 or 2 KB did affects some computer peripherals (I had forgotten what's the KB number). I had this auto-updated by Windows at the last week of February, on the same day when I played the game, I got 3-5 times crashes within 10-15 minutes.

I don't deny there are still freezes and they are frustrating, especially when you're face tanking enemies, but at least it's no longer like within 10-15 minutes got 3-5 times crashes.
    I still experience the game just suddenly freeze, and I have to force close the game via Task Manager.

Well, just a little bit of information that may or may not help you.

Cheers,
    Long Live RNG