🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Well, we do have a Warrior's Den tomorrow. Who knows what'll be talked about?

MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    Lol

Bring me back. I believe in you!!

Originally Posted by UbiYubble Go to original post
    HA! I was first with the spreading of this news, Yubble

Originally Posted by WolfenTank Go to original post
    HA! I was first with the spreading of this news, Yubble
    Hey look. Y5S1. Year of Covenants.

Yep, 2 new heroes will be released. No knights;

Stream was kinda meh tbh. Thought they would reveal (not release) cool stuff with all their hype :/

Originally Posted by WolfenTank Go to original post
    Yep, 2 new heroes will be released. No knights;

Stream was kinda meh tbh. Thought they would reveal (not release) cool stuff with all their hype :/
    Hmm. Are Vikings and Samurai finally going to get a 2nd Vanguard each?

So it turns out that nothing much of substance was actually talked about. In fact the stream can be summed up as:
    - Blue material
    - Please like our competitive stuff please for the love of God somebody like it please please please
    - Year of the Covenant
    - 2 New Heroes (Man remember the earlier years where they released more than 2 heroes? Those were the halcyon days.)
    - March 11th is when it begins.
    - Garbage plot direction with magic space rocks and Horkos vs Chimera is here to stay (The only change this year I got from the stream is now we're having little 'covenants' sprinkled in). This insinuates that universal emotes, signatures etc; will likely continue, as if Year 4 wasn't disappointing enough with that ****. In fact, if this is the story direction, why the **** are the 4 factions now fighting if it's just "good vs bad"? Why not just split the ******* war map into two with Horkos vs Chimera?
    - Shovel Knight crossover with more cartoony effects and emotes
    - A bot won the million steel raffle.

All in all it's yet another swing and a miss from Ubisoft. When people are desperately waiting for some kind of hype to get themselves ready for Year 5, with how Year 4 completely and utterly under-delivered, this stream was just a complete failure in that regard. You wanted the crowd to go wild: They barely went mild.

Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    Hmm. Are Vikings and Samurai finally going to get a 2nd Vanguard each?
    I predict that cent and glad will be moved to a new Roman faction and the 2 new characters will be in that faction. One being a spartan and the other being something else related to Rome.

Originally Posted by LightUpTheEyes Go to original post
    I predict that cent and glad will be moved to a new Roman faction and the 2 new characters will be in that faction. One being a spartan and the other being something else related to Rome.
    Interesting theory. I like it.

I hope I'm not going to be right, but I wouldn't be surprised if the new two heroes would be a reused Tozen and a reused Stigandr hero.

Actually, I trust in the devs and their ability to come up with something interesting. I just don't want to be disappointed.

More frequent Testing Grounds are also a good thing IMO and the new Cobalt material is lit.