Olympus2018's Avatar Senior Member

Hmm. Your payment failed. Your credit card is expired, blocked etc.

WELCOME TO UBISOFT'S WORLDS!

Hello Olympus2018,

You have now subscribed to the Ubisoft+ subscription program!
    You can immediately start enjoying a catalogue of more than 100 PC games from Ubisoft.

You have until 2021-03-12 to cancel your subscription.

Unlock our worlds!
    START PLAYING NOW

And then, one hour later, I got this bad surprise!

My payment was valid for an hour or so... Now it expired. My web banking service insists that 14.99 euros were charged on my debit card and although the money is not removed yet, it seems like the charging is valid, awaiting transfer from my bank account to Ubisoft.

UBISOFT PARIS

purchase - approval

12/02/2021

-14,99 EUR

Ballance

0,11 EUR
    Available balance

15,10 EUR
    Accounted balance

It seems like the bank awaits approval before the transfer, which is weird because for an hour or so, my subscription looked valid and now....

Hmm. Your payment failed.
    Your credit card is expired, blocked or you have hit its limit. We recommend that you update your payment method to keep enjoying your games.

Don't worry, your game progression is safe (please check the list of the games where your progression is saved here).

I called the bank customer support and they told me the transaction is certainly completed..... ??? So the problem is definitely on behalf of Ubisoft's charging department. Any idea?

Characteristics
    Available: 0.11 EUR
    Data valid as of: 12/02/2021
    Ledger: 15.10 EUR
    Data valid as of: 12/02/2021
    Unavailable Balance due to Value Date: 0.00 EUR
    Pledged Amount: 14.99 EUR

YOUR PAYMENT FAILED

Hello Olympus2018,

We attempted to authorise your Visa ************ provided for your UPLAY+ subscription but we were unable to do so.

Please update your payment method within 7 days to continue enjoying all games on Ubisoft+ and keep your status in Ubisoft+ rewards (for eligible countries).

We will automatically attempt to charge your Visa again within 12-24 hours.

The bank insists it did not block the transaction... Whose fault is this?

The same thing is happening to me. I got charged and had the service for like 30 minutes, then it said it was expired.

Originally Posted by MrGorilax Go to original post
    The same thing is happening to me. I got charged and had the service for like 30 minutes, then it said it was expired.
    In my case, it expired while downloading Assassin's Creed Valhalla. It actually finished downloading the game and then it was unable to launch it because my subscription ended! I thought it was my bank to blame but customer support told me the charge was successful, even though it is a Debit Card. This is so frustrating.

ubi-smash's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey everyone, I am extremely sorry for the difficulties with your subscription. If the Subscription is showing as suspended, then the payment was unsuccessful. If you were charged, you should receive a refund within 7-10 business days. However, I apologize for the frustration this has caused.

To try and help remedy this, I suggest making sure that your payment method is updated and set to default. While also ensuring that you are not using a VPN during the purchase. If you are still unable to subscribe, please Create a Support Ticket or update your previous ticket with us so we can review this further with you.

Originally Posted by ubi-smash Go to original post
    Hey everyone, I am extremely sorry for the difficulties with your subscription. If the Subscription is showing as suspended, then the payment was unsuccessful. If you were charged, you should receive a refund within 7-10 business days. However, I apologize for the frustration this has caused.

To try and help remedy this, I suggest making sure that your payment method is updated and set to default. While also ensuring that you are not using a VPN during the purchase. If you are still unable to subscribe, please Create a Support Ticket or update your previous ticket with us so we can review this further with you.

Characteristics
    Available: 0.10 EUR
    Data valid as of: 13/02/2021
    Ledger: 15.10 EUR
    Data valid as of: 13/02/2021

Payment does not seem rejected from my bank's point of view... although I get a message from Ubisoft that it failed. I will try out the live chat...

ubi-smash's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks, Olympus2018! While we are unable to discuss payments and transactions over the forums, our Store Support team will be able to help review this with you in greater length.
     1 people found this helpful

same problem

Originally Posted by ubi-smash Go to original post
    Thanks, Olympus2018! While we are unable to discuss payments and transactions over the forums, our Store Support team will be able to help review this with you in greater length.

Store support tells me things that contradict what Bank Support says. There is no solution and 15 euros are sitting in a limbo over the last 12 days! This is wrong. The bank insists that the money is pledged to pay Ubisoft but Ubisoft+ refuses to take it. Either Ubisoft returns the money, or accepts the payment and gives me the monthly subscription. The current situation is unacceptable. Store support is not even working. Only Facebook chat support seems to respond, every few days. Please do something about it. There are so many complaints that your payment system is flawed and refuses payments from major banks, even when debit cards are designed to make successful on-line purchases. So, I cannot blame my bank at this point.

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Olympus2018 Go to original post
    Store support tells me things that contradict what Bank Support says. There is no solution and 15 euros are sitting in a limbo over the last 12 days! This is wrong. The bank insists that the money is pledged to pay Ubisoft but Ubisoft+ refuses to take it. Either Ubisoft returns the money, or accepts the payment and gives me the monthly subscription. The current situation is unacceptable. Store support is not even working. Only Facebook chat support seems to respond, every few days. Please do something about it. There are so many complaints that your payment system is flawed and refuses payments from major banks, even when debit cards are designed to make successful on-line purchases. So, I cannot blame my bank at this point.
    Thanks for the update. It sounds like authorisation hole, which will be lifted by the time scheduled by your bank directly. Please keep in mind, that we're unable to speed up this process, I'm afraid. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.