wezu21's Avatar Junior Member

hello !!!

Hello Ubisoft people if anyone working here. Whether your entire team went to CD project red to be trained on how to break a good game?? I don't kon if I need to remind you that one and a half weeks have passed since people cannot use the product they paid for. Maybe some news if you are close to solving this problem or when you intend to fix it.Is it too much trouble for you, towards your clients?
     5 people found this helpful

Reproduction for my issue

Upgrading to the Engineers tier slows down my game
    I notice an extreme drop in game performance as soon as I upgrade my first Artisan to Engineer:

Take note of the ship patrolling between my harbor and the island in the back.

The game runs smoothly on high settings without any hiccups or stutters and transitions swiftly from one session to another.
    But as soon as I upgrade my first Artisan to an Engineer the game slows down.
    Slow speed sorta stays the same, but Fast is possibly even slower. The game starts chopping/lagging as you can see in the video above.

The problem persists even if I lower my graphics.
    Basically we're looking at another kind of performance issue.
    This problem is not solved by doubling my RAM, because I did that and the problem stays the same.
    It is also not solved by lowering my graphics.
    It has something to do with how the game manages the Engineer tire.

What to do?
    Ubisoft - does this help you at all?
    If anyone would like extra info, the savegame from before and after or anything else - let me know!

my specs are:
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
    Installed RAM 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Nvidia GeForce GTX1660 Ti
     1 people found this helpful

Here's my save game - just open it and upgrade one of the Artisans to Engineers:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...2g?usp=sharing

Today it got worse, I could not simply upgrade a market.

any news?
    If this is not fixed in a week, ill just ask for my money back....

Hi, I had the same issue with micro freezes and lags. Tried lot of different things to solve it,

However, what seems to work for me was re-installing the game. Although I re-installed from HDD to SDD, I would think that the main thing was re-installing the game itself. So far pressing any button works fine, no more micro freezes at the moment. My city is around 100k and after re-install works fine.

Let me know if that solution worked also for some else...

Hi,

I can confirm that reinstalling game to the SSD helps but it does not solve the problem. Game still lags, but a bit less. Micro freezes are still there but they don't last as long as they did while game was installed on HDD.

I hope that this information helps with troubleshooting.

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continuous reports, we are sending all details to our production team, to help with their investigation.

@karyonite I appreciate you taking the time to send us a video, and also your save file. I have added those to the investigation too.

We'll let you know once we learn more, or if we have any questions!

This game is freezing for a 2-6 secs both clicking and just running normal! couple times it freezes for 20 secs. Its doing this 1 min to 2 mins.
    Also when im stretching out the road or track or series

Originally Posted by Ubi-Raziel Go to original post
    Hello everyone,

Thank you for your continuous reports, we are sending all details to our production team, to help with their investigation.

@karyonite I appreciate you taking the time to send us a video, and also your save file. I have added those to the investigation too.

We'll let you know once we learn more, or if we have any questions!
    Is this a joke? Is this all that you have for us? This game is almost 2 years old, how do you manage to break it? Ive spent 500h+ on this game and you cant give us any answers at all? Its been almost 2 weeks now, is there only one person working on this? Christ Ubisoft...
     4 people found this helpful

Thanks @Ubi-Raziel, I appreciate you taking the time to reply and investigate our problems.

I have the same issue now . Freezes when loading and also when playing regularly every 10 minutes or less , random freezes for a couple of minutes

This is on a save that before this last update worked fine .

I also have an issue where the screen decides to scroll randomly without me pressing any direction key

I have verified all files to make sure there was not an issue there
     2 people found this helpful

Ubisoft team after receiving complaints from players starting investigate for errors

Guys the patch for this issue is on its way and available later today. Hopefully your problems will be gone then. Make sure to verify your game files after updating to make sure everything updated properly.

The specific issue that I reported here has been FIXED (for me) as of update 10.
    Great work, Ubisoft, thanks a lot.

Absturz seit Speicherstadt Update

Seit dem Speicherstadt Update funktioniert bei mir Aktuell nichts mehr bis gestern hatte ich eigentlich relativ wenig Probleme
    Aber seit dem Update vom 23.2.2021 stürzt das Spiel nach dem Start sofort zum Desktop ab

ich sag nur eins Tolle Arbeit Ubisoft:wütend::wütend::wütend:

Seit Speicherstadt Update Absturz und zurück zu Desktop

Seit dem Speicherstadt Update funktioniert bei mir Aktuell nichts mehr bis bis hatte ich eigentlich relativ wenig Probleme
    Aber seit dem Update vom 23.2.2021 st dem das Spiel nach dem Start sofort zum Desktop ab

ich sag nur eins Tolle Arbeit Ubisoft:

@Schmunzel68 This is an English forum. English is the only allowed language here. You won't get any help with any other language here. If you need assistance please ask your question in English.

Like with every Anno 1800 problem, 90% of those problems are solved by verifying files. Make sure to do that.

i still have the same problems lol... Now the freezes are even worse ahahah i cry. Im so tired of sendig tickets. Waiting for this patch 2 weeks and still the same.

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Anno Community Developer
    Could you please verify the game files if the issues persist?

Are the freezes happening constantly or only when you do certain actions?

Please also provide an overview over the hardware you're using.

Thank you

hmm i reinstalled the game on another hard drive and now it works. I guess there were leftover files that slowed down the computer. thank you anyway!

Hello.

Atlas, most of damages repaired, but...
    Game still performing poorly. Before 9.3 update i played on high settings now I must play on low with the same resolution 1920x1080. I have to admit that game on the low now works a little better than before the update on the high but it looks a lot worse of course.
    When I use Geforce Experience to setup settings most of them are high some are middle but with this settings game is very annoying many freez some of them are very long

My PC is
    gtx 960 4GB RAM
    8GB Memory
    intel i5 4460

Same problem for me as well. The game is unplayable after Update 9.3 Almost every action causes freezes for 10-20 seconds. Switching between the worlds is a pain - the game freezes for 2-3 minutes. Most of ingame notifications cause micro freezes too. Everything was perfect before that update.

Update 10 did not helped! The problem is still here. It seemed that performance became slightly better right after it was downloaded, but the next day everything was back.

My specs:
    Windows 10
    8GB of memory
    GTX 1060 3gb
    Intel Core i5-6400

For completing my previous post I want to add few observations.

Yesterday i started a new game to check if this solved a problem. At the beginning everything looks fine. Few little lags but ok I have played on high settings on my old PC it was fully acceptable. Everything was change after unlocking opportunity to discover an Embesa. Lag started to happen very often. so maybe issues are connected with additional content.

Besade of this I have also long lags whan i open first tine editing a newspaper, expedition panel, warehouse after arriving by ship and attempting to transfer goods. I don't konw why it is happen even at the beginning of the game when it performing well.

I try to run new game without any additional DLC and check how will it perform.

I am having the same kinds of problems. The game will freeze at least once every couple of minutes... sometimes for 3 seconds and sometimes for 30 seconds, without any apparent pattern or reason. I can still move the cursor, but can't interact with anything. And if it happens while the cursor is at the edge of the screen to scroll the map, then it will just keep on scrolling with no way to stop it. I wasn't having these problems a month ago. The update has caused a serious downgrade in playability. After too much of this, I just quit out of frustration. I started a new game when I bought the Season 3 Pass, and at first the game played smoothly. But as my game has progressed, the lags and freezes have become longer and more frequent.

It is also frustrating a bad sign that the responses from the developers seem to consistently hint that people with old computers are the problem.

Pc Crash

I had the same bugs yesterday when i started playing but today a new bug appeared. I hand't switched anything in the options but when I wanted to use the Transfermenu my entire pc crashed. Hope u will fix these bugs soon because I like the game very much

@wezu21 and @JevgeniTrom
    and @"For all of those with only 8GB of RAM". It is completely normal for the game to lagg and freeze a bit especially on session switch. Even harder if you have your OS on a HDD. You just have not enough RAM for everything to be smooth. Its theoretically playable but not smooth. New content via game updates, even free ones, make it worse. Sometimes there comes a new optimization patch that makes it better but you walk the road of absolute bare minimum requirement. I was on the same road until i upgraded to 16GB later 32GB on my PC and 32GB on my laptop. Each new DLC you add makes it worse.
    What can make it better on 8GB RAM is having the OS on a SSD or upgrading your RAM to 16GB+. Or you can wait for the next optimization patch if it comes at all.

I ran Anno fine on an 4790k (its very old) but with 16GB of RAM. Now it has 32GB and runs even a bit finer.
    It had 8GB before and it was pain to play. Especially in lategame. I was starting a game and it was fine but performance deteriorated, especially laggs on session switch, sometimes on camera move. With 16GB of RAM it was much better. Even in lategame. Upgrading to 32GB made it a lil better in the "super lategame" but it was still totally playable on 16GB.

Hi @chris02918 thanks for the advice. But below you have a requirement from the manufacturer for heigh settings. In my case i have a bit weaker cpu but when i look at its work is negligible while playing. As for RAM, it is loaded in 90% during the game, but should the game not run smoothly if these are the manufacturer's requirements?

(1080p, 30 FPS)
    Windows 7, Windows 8 lub Windows 10
    Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1400 @ 3.2 GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 (4 GB of VRAM) lub AMD Radeon R9 285 (2 GB of VRAM) *,**
    DirectX 11 or DirectX 12
    RAM: 8 GB

@wezu21 This "bit weaker" that you are beneath the minimum requirements can go a long way. Sometimes it will never run great, sometimes you have to compensate it with better specs on other sides. Anno can also be quite CPU demanding and i think its weird that your weak CPU is not fully utilized when playing. But it could also come from your laggs because they are the main problem and it will be more demanding as soon as it actually runs as it should.
    To your other question regarding the requirements itself. Those shoulve been changed with the DLCs and also with the free updates the game recieved. I think of them as just outdated. Because the game is actively patched, sometimes a patch works better, sometimes new features throw away optimizations so that it does not run as well anymore. I think of the requirements as something the devs try to do but to be really sure that your system runs fine with every patch, be above them.
    You PC seems to run fine on low settings because you have headroom there.
    To by honest with you, i think ubi should change the requirements and require 16GB of RAM on everything but the lowest settings.
    Especially in Anno the system requirements do not say that much because the game gets more demanding the more you build. So for what savegame are the requirements? 50k population? more? less? whats with those 4million population games? All the DLCs and new sessions to enable you to build even more? For which case are they? Even on the old Anno 1404 the game started to crash and you could not load it anymore (History Edition fixed this many years later) if you had too much population. I would really just advise everybody who plays Anno 1800 on 8GB of RAM to get minimum another 8GB and maybe get an SSD as system drive.
    Or you could just not build that much, maybe only play campaign and then start new. Maybe play without NPCs and settle only a few islands on maximum 2 sessions? In that case the requirements should be fine. The requirements for your Anno 1800 game heavily depend on how you play. So just plan some headroom or maybe even a lot of headroom depending on how you play or wanna play. If you want busy streets on big cities displayed on max settings, get everything better. If you want big cities but can live with lower graphic details or less busy cities, only go for more RAM etc etc.

once again thank you for your advice and point of view @chris02918

But I'd rather get the opinion of the Ubisoft people. When I bought the game, two season passes were already available and the requirements were written on the manufacturer's website. In the description of the game there was no information that the performing of the game was dependent of progress in it. If someone in the product description specifies its requirements, and the requirements are met, the product should worked for the entire time of its use, not only at the beginning.

I think I'm right, can someone from the Ubisoft team comment on this?

Hi @ all
    It's my first time here in the Anno 1800 forums.

As all the people here, I do have big problems since the last update.
    I've even set the video setting very far down, but no changes.
    The freezes and lags occur eveytime the game tries to open one of its dialog windows, like diplomacy menu, quests, harbour transfer menu...
    It maks the game hard to play - as some of the freezes even cause crashes.

I do admit, that I have a bit of an old banana laptop, but it was running very fine since I bought this game at christmas sale.
    i7-6700HQ
    8 GB Ram (only)
    GTX 1060 @ 6GB DDR5
    Windows 10 Home (up to date)
    1920 x 1080

Any tips or work arounds known?

@Mike41k Your PC is absolutely fine for Anno. Nothing too old there except your lack of RAM. There is an issue with freezes and laggs especially on session switches and a performance degredation in later games if you do not have enough RAM. As i have previously stated, the only thing you can do there is absolute minimum settings, don't build big cities or settlements, don't use all sessions at once in one savegame etc. Or upgrade your RAM (and maybe get a SSD if you do not already have one). On (nearly) every laptop i know it is absolutely possible and feasable to upgrade the RAM. There seems to also be another issue currently with Anno 1800s performance especially in menus and dialog options where the cause is currently unknown and no advice for that is really possible at the moment. The new issue only appeared this patch with the game running totally smooth before the patch.
    You could also contact ubisoft customer support and send them your dxdiag and msconfig https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Article/000061449
    Make sure you do those steps before https://support.ubisoft.com/en-GB/Article/000061047 because otherwise they will just ask you to do so.
    You could also send them your savegame there.
    You could also start a new savegame and see if it still laggs etc.
    Thats pretty much everything there is to do for the people with laggs that do not use mods. If you use mods, uninstall them and start a new savegame.

Problems with freezing and lagging

Hi everybody,

So, like a lot of people I've been experiencing problems with the game freezing for up to 30 seconds every 5 mins or so after the most recent patch.

Below please find some of my experiences and some things I've done to slightly improve the freezing issue.

Before the patch I was running the game smoothly on high and ultra settings with no issues and now even with the release of a supposed fix in update 10, I am still having the issues but i will say with slight improvement. The freezes are still happening although are now slightly shorter and slightly less often but still common enough to make the game frustrating to play, say every 10 mins or so.

I've done a little trouble shooting on my end and hope someone on the team will see this and I hope it will help them resolve the issue.

I have verified my game files and done a complete game reinstall prior to these findings.

The game runs completely fine up until i reach the stage of being able to go to the 'New world'.
    Once expeditions are available the freezing starts, as soon as the first message from the captain appears even.
    I have made huge cities of just level one residents before upgrading to unlock expeditions and again had no performance issues until expeditions were available.
    This suggests to me that there seems to be some issue here with CPU load when the expeditions are available. Population dosen't seem to be a problem as i've tested with massive builds without upgrading residents, nearly 10k pop.

I have also found that the game freezes for a good 30 seconds or so when editing the newspaper.
    When I drag and drop a propaganda option in the newspaper editing menus the game freezes here every time, except if it is before expeditions are unlocked.

I have also noticed the freezes seem to start coming more often when commanding ships to move during missions etc
    When clicking on a notification to jump to a ship, for example that is under attack, it freezes for 20 seconds or so once the camera moves most of the time.

So in short, there seems to be some underlying system that is continuously running and eating CPU power which is causing the game to freeze while it catches up.
    I think previously this system would not be running unless it was being directly interacted with by the player. I feel that it is linked to the expeditions and missions some how.
    Could it be possible that things that run behind the scenes are not being managed properly anymore by the engine? Thus causing a CPU overload?

I found running the game in Drx12 and lowering the amount of people on the street from very high to high, I believe this is the feedback setting, has helped but the game is still freezing and lagging to an unacceptable degree.
    The benchmark test showed that the game did run better frames wise in Drx11 then 12 but once actually in the game and playing I found 12 to be alot more stable for the freezing issue and seems to mange the game cpu wise better.
    Lowering the feedback setting does make the game run alot smother fps wise for me but is still perfectly fine on very high. just better frames when zoomed out really. I did this to lower cpu load as i feel that is where the problem lies but sadly just seems to slightly shorten the freeze time but not how often it happens.

In closing, I run the game on recommended settings for my system which gives me a mixture of high and ultra for different settings and have always had terrain detail turned down to medium just for fps reasons. I found before the patch that the game ran smoothly between 40-60fps at 10kpop+ and still runs at these fps levels but now freezes for 30 seconds or so every 10 mins and more often when opening menus.

I hope this helps resolve the issue and look forwards to a response.

Fantastic game by the way.

@Ubi-Thorlof

@Ubi-Thorlof

Any thoughts what the issue maybe with Anno since patch?

Has there been any changes to graphics at all?
     3 people found this helpful

Multiplayer Experience

For my concern, the multiplayer is became hard to play.
    Non-exhaustive list of actions generate freeze :

Using Naval items (Torpedo, Mortar) in fight : One mortar shoot and you can have a 1min freeze...
    Placing the Palace : Crash for all players except Host, need to save / rehost for EACH Palace, even in Architect mode.
    Some randoms freeze, during road placement, switching regions.

Everything was almost fine before the patch (except Placing the Palace)

@chris02918,
    Thanks for your answer!
    I've tried most of the things in the list already, no changes.
    This night I will reinstall the game to SSD (sadly with my internet this will take several hours -.- ).
    Thats my last hope.

@Mods, may I ask if that topic is beeing handled by the dev-team? Haven't experienced that kind of performance problems since closed beta - that was for me the reason back then to not buy at launch...

Update 04.03.2021:
    Reinstalling to SSD brings massive improvement, game now playable. Thanks again for this tip!
    This minute-long freezes are reduced to max 2-3 seconds, no more crashes.
    Also until now, every freeze happens just once. E.g. opening transfer menu, freeze 2 seconds first time per starting the game, not happening again afterwards.

I think we have to live with it, considered this product was done by a low budget indie studio.

@Mike41k Not only the game needs to be on a SSD but also your whole os or more specifically the virtual page file. Regarding your other question, maybe this mod answer to a similar post is satisfactory: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...te-performance

Thanks!!

Thanks to all Ubisoft People involved in fixing due to the bad performance of the game. After last update everything backed to state from before 9.3 update.

Game is now again playable on weak PCs with 8GB ram

I put in this thread a lot of harsh words but now I want to say, good job and once again thank you

Me too, i have had a week off of the game then downloaded the new update. It as stated by yourself loaded fine but i have only managed 1 x 2 hour play set. Every other time and it must be like 10 times today it crashes in a few mins. I have verified the files and repaired and worked for a little longer but then crashed.!! HELP NOT HAPPY miss my game.

Still having issues with the freeze lag. I noticed it happens when the Docklands DLC content is unlocked in-game. During the farmers/workers tiers no issues, but when the Docklands harbor becomes available the freeze lag begins immediately. Just started a new game without the DLC on to see if anything happens.

Edit: without the Docklands DLC game runs fine.