"Good neews everyone"

For those that read about my comp going down, it's back up. I bought an MSI Motherboard and it's been running good so far, but I am worried about the CPU temperature a little.

Before, on my original Motherboard, my cpu temp was around 45-50 on average. Now, its 50-55 (celcius) I'm worrying that maybe I didn't re-install the heatsink right? Anyway, it seems to stick around these temps. Is that dangerous?

"Good neews everyone"

For those that read about my comp going down, it's back up. I bought an MSI Motherboard and it's been running good so far, but I am worried about the CPU temperature a little.

Before, on my original Motherboard, my cpu temp was around 45-50 on average. Now, its 50-55 (celcius) I'm worrying that maybe I didn't re-install the heatsink right? Anyway, it seems to stick around these temps. Is that dangerous?

you might need to purchase a better CPU fan and heatsink, perferably the copper based heatsink, they seem to dessipate heat better, also make sure you have enough compound solution applied between the CPU chip and the heatsink itself.

Assuming your Proc is an AMD, I've heard that some Socket 939 MSI Boards "misread" CPU temps by a wide margin. Supposed a driver update will fix it but I'm not sure. Try that and see if it works.

Da Worfster

steve_v's Avatar Senior Member
    The amd athlon XP processors will begin to have errors/ system failures betwen 55-60*C under laod. Even those temps are not dangerous in terms of cpu damage. Best conditions are 50*C or below under load.

IF it's a P4 with Prescott core, don't wory, prescotts are real hotheads

cooling it down more is always good!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by steve_v:
    The amd athlon XP processors will begin to have errors/ system failures betwen 55-60*C under laod. Even those temps are not dangerous in terms of cpu damage. Best conditions are 50*C or below under load. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Errors between 55-60?C?!? Don`t think so.
    AMD can handle temps between 70-80?C, but it will shorten the lifetime.
    55?C-60?C is absolutely ok.

The difference can be not enough/to much heat sink compound. Or, if your board has an external sensor under the DIE, the sensor is now closer to the DIE.

WTE_Galway's Avatar Senior Member
    The new prescotts run hotter than any AMD

and the stock HSF unit can be very noisy at full speed

steve_v's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big_Bad_Wulf:
    Errors between 55-60?C?!? Don`t think so.
    AMD can handle temps between 70-80?C, but it will shorten the lifetime.
    55?C-60?C is absolutely ok. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You sir, are mistaken. So very, very mistaken.

My AMD2600+ runs at up to 64?C under full load, 55?C normal. Never had ANY problems since I bought it 12 months ago.

So, unless you can back up your statement with facts I'd call it bollocks.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►