Does anyone else find the revealed Puzzle Map annoying, irritating & just downright frustrating? After spending hours locating every Obelisk, I am "rewarded" with an obscure picture in dark blue and almost no defining features to indicate where the Tear of Asha is buried.

Even Heroes II & III had much better Puzzle Maps. Heroes IV was the best (when the "X" showed up). It shows exactly where and in what state the area is in where the Grail is buried, at the current time.

The Puzzle Map in Heroes V isn't very clear. Sometimes it doesn't reveal enough of the terrain to be of any help at all. You'd think that with all the graphical features Nival put into this game, they would have been able to create a better Puzzle Map!

I like the map it makes it harder to find the grail. The grail makes it so you basicly win so i should be quite hard to get

Originally posted by Skoposh:
    I like the map it makes it harder to find the grail. The grail makes it so you basicly win so i should be quite hard to get
    That's totally ridiculous! As mentioned before, you have to locate each & every Obelisk first … so why would the map be so unclear?

I think it's not making the Grail/Tears of Asha hard to find but the lazy, haphazard way in which Nival developed the game!

Alderbranchh's Avatar Senior Member
    I agree with HP really that its rediculous as it is now.

Making it full color (like the map) would help but any way to help it a bit on the way is a good thing really.

I mean once you found all obelisks you should be able to just go and dig up the grail, no more trouble... trying to find the location due to a not so good obeliskmap isnt very entertaining at all.

I don't have any problems with the puzzle map

znork's Avatar Forum mascot
    i think the puzzel map could be clearer to!

Both Alderbranchh and znork say it's bad how it is now, only one person is missing to force the universe's powers inwards onto Nival/Ubisoft makeing them change it!

I still say it's fine, color would be nice but it's good how it is.

znork's Avatar Forum mascot
    yes the world will end

A little something that could help: Your movement dots (ie the path on the map where your hero will move) shows on the puzzle map, if unsure, start to trail paths around the map, check the puzzle, and if you see your own path dots there, you're close

Originally posted by Skoposh:
    Both Alderbranchh and znork say it's bad how it is now, only one person is missing to force the universe's powers inwards onto Nival/Ubisoft makeing them change it!
    Let me take a guess... Jolly-Joker?

And yeah, I am fine with the puzzle map right now... It's really a "puzzle" trying to find the spot of the grail. The only bad part is if you're playing a multiplayer game, and the other player has to wait 10 minutes while you look around the map trying to match up the grail picture...