🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

PS5 draw distance, reflections and volumetric fog?

Devs, any word on whether this was intentional or the result of a bug with the update? The draw distance is terrible...worse than before, the reflections and water effects are messed up and there is no volumetric fog like before...none. Other than that, the game looks and feels amazing in ‘4K’ and 60fps.
     2 people found this helpful

hopefully they comment on this soon! still haven't heard anything but its annoying
     1 people found this helpful

UbiFate's Avatar Community Representative
    I just checked and the volumetric fog issues has been reported to the team! I don't have an update yet on when a fix will be rolled out, but I will keep an eye on it for updates.
     3 people found this helpful

retro1236's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Necroblade78 Go to original post
    Devs, any word on whether this was intentional or the result of a bug with the update? The draw distance is terrible...worse than before, the reflections and water effects are messed up and there is no volumetric fog like before...none. Other than that, the game looks and feels amazing in ‘4K’ and 60fps.
    Probably what you have to "pay" to get 60fps "4K"?

Originally Posted by retro1236 Go to original post
    Probably what you have to "pay" to get 60fps "4K"?
    Which makes little sense because on my PC it runs a solid 60fps in native 4k with higher visual settings than this. The GPU is an RTX 2080 which is what the PS5 is equivalent to.

https://gamingbolt.com/microsoft-had...version-report

This story about the shady deal for D1, makes sense even with D2 regarding the PS5 update for D2

dagrommit's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by IISYNll Go to original post
    https://gamingbolt.com/microsoft-had...version-report

This story about the shady deal for D1, makes sense even with D2 regarding the PS5 update for D2
    The missing effects are present on PS4 Pro.

Tell them to go watch the Digital Foundry video, so that they can fix all the stuff that's worse on PS5 then it is on PS4.