🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Division forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Division 2 memory leak issue.

So what happened with the game lately? Right now got 2 consecutive game freeze due to memory leak, system has 32GB of ram and Page file had been set to 24GB. Before never had this issue but lately this is becoming frequent either old 1903 or 20H2 Win 10 no changes. Memory usage only hits 62% and game will freeze like seriously?

After a couple of hours setting the page file to 30GB or more and downgrading Win 10 version and upgrading still nothing once this broken game reaches 62% memory utilization the game just freeze, was not able to complete legendary dailies and other missions. *sigh* Also tried switching to DX11 and much more worse and tried older gpu drivers and latest even beta ones still nothing.

WrecK3rr's Avatar Senior Member
    Disable the page file entirely for the drive you have the game installed on. Preferably a SSD.

Originally Posted by WrecK3rr Go to original post
    Disable the page file entirely for the drive you have the game installed on. Preferably a SSD.
    This doesn't solve the issue to be honest I have the game installed on M.2 and the rest of the HDD have pagefile set custom, if you will read again what I stated once the game hits 62% memory usage the game will just freeze and close it self.

Originally Posted by AltairCreation Go to original post
    This doesn't solve the issue to be honest I have the game installed on M.2 and the rest of the HDD have pagefile set custom, if you will read again what I stated once the game hits 62% memory usage the game will just freeze and close it self.
    Your rig isn't the issue, neither did I say it is.

When it comes to this game in particular, you have to believe in workarounds and not permanent/logical fixes.
    Yes, as crazy as it may sound but for this game, you will have to do things which otherwise you wouldn't even need to for other games.
    Workarounds which will not make sense.

Now coming back to the page file. Do you have a page file enabled on your M.2?
    If yes, did you try disabling it and tested the game afterwards?

For me, the game is now unfortunately unplayable. The lags and the stuttering are so massive that it no longer makes sense to even start. And that although the own hardware is far overqualified and every other game runs without problems. Even reinstallation was unsuccessful.

Sorry UBI but fix your game!

Ubisoft, there is a real issue here that needs to be investigated. If I had not seen this behavior myself I wouldn't have taken it seriously. Something done the past day or two has introduced a memory leak condition. My rig that has 32GB was affected. Another rig in the house that has 12GB was not.

Originally Posted by WrecK3rr Go to original post
    Your rig isn't the issue, neither did I say it is.

When it comes to this game in particular, you have to believe in workarounds and not permanent/logical fixes.
    Yes, as crazy as it may sound but for this game, you will have to do things which otherwise you wouldn't even need to for other games.
    Workarounds which will not make sense.

Now coming back to the page file. Do you have a page file enabled on your M.2?
    If yes, did you try disabling it and tested the game afterwards?
    *sigh* trying to sound smart I see, for me I never set any page file to an SSD or M.2 as I only set them on HDD, and again as I stated once the game "HITS 62%" of memory usage the game freeze with no error and again this is the only game that does it as I've played a lot of games that are more demanding than this.

Sircowdog1's Avatar Senior Member
    This has been an ongoing issue for many many months.

AFAIK there are two main culprits from what I've been able to discover myself, and through extensive internet research.

1) There's definitely a memory leak somewhere.
    2) IMO it has something to do with Ubisoft Connect. These lockups weren't consistent until after the switch to that program. Purely anecdotal, however. No evidence that I can find.

*sigh* trying to sound smart I see,
    Comes natural.

for me I never set any page file to an SSD or M.2 as I only set them on HDD.
    Cool. I do the same. No page file for SSD, only for HDD.
    So this confirms it didn't work for you. Although It did for me and that is why I suggested this in the first place.

Anyhow, Goodluck.

I'm having a similar issue. I also am running with 32GBs of RAM. I remember there being a maintenance earlier last month that this issue started for me. I can't remember if this was also when the new Ubisoft connect came into play. For me it is just frequent stuttering and longer load times. Usually around 86% and this is strange considering I have the game installed on a M.2 as well. I tried my usual line of troubleshooting but I could only assume that it is not my system and something was happening. Relieved to hear it isn't something on my end but really bummed out about this.

These memory leak issues were definitely a problem BEFORE ubisoft connect...I had them with Div 1 and 2 both and even when running 32gb ram! at least when i upgraded it didnt crash, but it was out of hand with like 23GB memory used for no reason...

so hear me out i never had any issues with the game UNTIL June 1st 2021

iam still on win 7 YAP its true
    24GB Ram + 12GB File on my SSD m1
    Nvidia 1060 ti from evga fully updated driver
    AMD fx8350 CPU

Ubi-Redbeard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for the updates on this folks.

If you're still experiencing account issues, you can reach out to us via Twitter or Facebook so we can take a look into this for you.