Dropping Items throws them to the right of Fenyx, not in front.

I'm playing on Nintendo Switch. I'm sure everything has been updated at least as of the weekend. Since I started the game there has ALWAYS been an issue where dropping items being carried by Heracles' bracers results in the item falling to the right of Fenyx. It has been very annoying and now that I'm having to move huge boxes, it's making things way harder than they should be.

If you look at this screenshot, that box to my right was just dropped. Despite my character facing forward, that's where it landed.

https://twitter.com/StevenLeoCooper/...630913/photo/1

Notes:

1. This could be related to another bug. When I select "Default" in the control customization, Jump and Cancel Carry become red and both are set to "B", I have to set Cancel Carry to "A" for it to return to normal.

https://twitter.com/StevenLeoCooper/...43390644146178

2. I have changed the default controls so the Heavy Attack is "X". The default controls are just unusable, frankly I don't understand what the though process was. I would have changed the light attack too but it was just too difficult to do without messing up all the other controls.

I saw another person have a similar issue back in 2020 but nobody answered their question.

Update

Just FYI, this bug is SPECIFICALLY tied to using "R" as the drop button. I changed Drop to the left stick button and it drops properly.

So despite all my additional info, this bug only seems to happen if you try to use "R" as your drop button.

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello there sagebrushfire! Welcome to the forums

Thanks for taking the time to share this report. I was able to replicate both of these issues myself (Jump and Cancel showing as red when controls are set to default, and items dropping quite far to the right when "R" is set to drop).

I've passed this on to the development team for a closer look.

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello again sagebrushfire!

I'd like to reach out to you with an update regarding both reports. The development team has marked these behaviours to be working as intended.

As the "R" button is also hardcoded to "Quick Throw." This conflict is why items are not placed directly in front of Fenyx, but instead to the side of them. The development team would recommend using default controls, or assigning a different button to prevent conflicts with "Quick Throw."

I also inquired about the apparently conflicting default controls. Though they are highlighted in red, none of the default controls should conflict with one-another or cause any issues when playing.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope we've been able to answer your questions for you

As a software engineer, that is not a reasonable answer.

1. I understand the "Quick Throw" bug may be difficult to fix since part of it is hard-coded. That being said it's still obviously a bug and not "Intended" behavior. If something isn't worth your time to fix that's one thing but to call an obvious bug "intended" is just embarrassing. Also I'd use the default controls but whoever came up with them needs to be locked up in an asylum because they're atrocious.

2. The second one is wholly unacceptable. I cannot believe you actually consciously wrote back to me that the game highlighting default controls in red and popping up a message that reads, "These controls may harm your experience." is "intended" behavior. You did that, you actually wrote that and posted it publicly and I am screenshotting this to share with others in utter disbelief. No actual team of programmers would make such a blatantly ridiculous statement so I have to assume Ubisoft is run by some truly out-of-touch managers who wouldn't know a Boolean from a hole in the ground and/or just don't care.

Like I said, I understand why the first bug may be annoying/costly to fix but I am in utter amazement at their response to the second bug. This will get a few chuckles on reddit.