How to drive/fly an airplane? How to brake?

Hi,

I would like to ask you. How to drive/fly/brake the airplane? Is there a trick (PC, keyboard, mouse)? I did the mission about 5 times (Amber Sky, one of the last missions) and I cannot landed with this sh*t. I never use airplane in this game.

Thank you for some advice.

noxentin's Avatar Member
    I did a lot of airplane flying in Wildlands, with the PS4. In this mission, flying this plane is more difficult, I think. The plane feels like underpowered: it stalls immediately if you ascend and it doesn't recover if you dive. It barely stays in the air. I think that it must be even harder with a keyboard. I had to try this flight three times myself until I did it right.
    I can tell you what I did. I hope it helps:

1- Take off. Get as much speed as you can. Don't try to fly too high or you will stall and lose control.
    2- Don't worry about the SAM launchers. Fly as if they weren't there. if they hit you, that will be because you went too high and you wouldn't be able to land anyway.
    3- After takeoff, turn slightly to the right. Don't lose speed. You will be landing from the East, where the landing strip has no trees.
    4- When you get close to the airstrip, make a slow turn to the left and enter straight on the airstrip from low altitude. if you are too high, don't try to land: turn right, make a complete turn and try again until you are able to touch down right at the start of the airstrip, without crashing (I know: easier said than done)
    5- The strip is very short: cut power immediately and try to maintain control to avoid a crash. The plane will stop right before the trees.

That's how I did it. I hope it helps.

Thank you very much for your answer. I played Wildlands and I hated the airplane. But now I have to use it. I tried to drive the plane with mouse it is better then on keyboard but I do not know how to brake it. I do not understand why you have to do the whole mission again when you crash with the plane. This part of mission is horrible for me.I set lowest difficulty now and I have the same problem. 3 plane wreck.

You say "cut power". What do you mean? Leave the plane?

MyNameIsJord's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by wildafricacz Go to original post
    Hi,

I would like to ask you. How to drive/fly/brake the airplane? Is there a trick (PC, keyboard, mouse)? I did the mission about 5 times (Amber Sky, one of the last missions) and I cannot landed with this sh*t. I never use airplane in this game.

Thank you for some advice.
    Left SHIFT for throttle.
    Left CTRL for brake.
    S to get nose up.
    W to get nose down.
    AD to steer left-right.

There's a Leeway at Liberty airport that you can use to test fly with.

To fly around without trouble you have to keep the throttle pressed at all times. As soon as you let go, the plane will drop speed and thus altitude.
    (I made a video, but it's taking some time to render and upload to Youtube)

noxentin's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by wildafricacz Go to original post
    You say "cut power". What do you mean? Leave the plane?
    In PS4, you accelerate with he right trigger and reduce power with the left one. I just pressed the left trigger to reduce power as fast as possible. That's what I meant. I can't help you with the keyboard controls, sorry.

Originally Posted by Ageless93 Go to original post
    Left SHIFT for throttle.
    Left CTRL for brake.
    S to get nose up.
    W to get nose down.
    AD to steer left-right.

There's a Leeway at Liberty airport that you can use to test fly with.

To fly around without trouble you have to keep the throttle pressed at all times. As soon as you let go, the plane will drop speed and thus altitude.
    (I made a video, but it's taking some time to render and upload to Youtube)
    Thank you for your help. I know what button I have to use. But I do not know how to break and stop the plane. Steer right/left works very bad. Ubisoft can learn how to make a plane. Even Just cause has better plane.

I crashed two times again... Lowest difficulty... I tried take a doctor in copter. BUt it does not work

Originally Posted by noxentin Go to original post
    In PS4, you accelerate with he right trigger and reduce power with the left one. I just pressed the left trigger to reduce power as fast as possible. That's what I meant. I can't help you with the keyboard controls, sorry.
    No problem and thank you very much. Maybe I tried the mission in coop. I hope I will get a player who know drive this plane.

MyNameIsJord's Avatar Senior Member

Flying a plane isn't that difficult, if you know what you're doing.
    Also disable mouse steering and set mouse sensitivity to a value you like.

Alt is used to look backwards.

2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by noxentin Go to original post
    No problem and thank you very much. Maybe I tried the mission in coop. I hope I will get a player who know drive this plane.

I will try to train it on Leeway. I have to find it on map.