Sircowdog1's Avatar Senior Member

Does anyone else absolutely HATE this garbage? (img included)

This is in Jefferson Plaza, invaded. But it's not unique. There are spots like this in several missions. Placed where the devs decided to put NPCs in elevated positions that CAN'T be physically reached by the agent. And with cover that the NPCs will just sit in and hide. They don't shoot, they don't stick their heads up.

And yeah, you can chuck grenades at them to get them to move. And some skills work. But if you don't have those equipped? And the image I show below is the most egregious offender. A freaking BT medic and technician with a support hive. They literally sat up there, not firing, for 5 minutes straight. I eventually just restarted the mission.

Massive....can you PLEASE do something about this crap? It's not good level design. It should NEVER have made it past QA. And the fact that you repeated this in several missions is inexcusable.

EDIT: Or am I just one great giant idiot who's never discovered the entrance to that platform?

9 people found this helpful

dagrommit's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sircowdog1 Go to original post
    This is in Jefferson Plaza, invaded. But it's not unique. There are spots like this in several missions.
    That's not too bad as they can't move out of reach of your grenades or skills. The room in Fed Bunker with the"networked computer" is far worse as NPC's often back up so far that you can't reach them.
     6 people found this helpful

This one was extra dumb. The heal station was in a spot I couldn't reach. There was a medic up there too.

I just NOPE'd out after realizing the futility of it.
     1 people found this helpful

The game is not supposed to be easy. You should have builds in your arsenal to handle most situations you come across. Just like the bunker I just switch to my seeker mine build before entering these areas and then switch back to whatever if you want afterwards.

Originally Posted by Crazyman9699 Go to original post
    The game is not supposed to be easy. You should have builds in your arsenal to handle most situations you come across. Just like the bunker I just switch to my seeker mine build before entering these areas and then switch back to whatever if you want afterwards.
    Yes, that's true. However, that doesn't make it good design. Nor was this an issue of difficulty. This wasn't hard. It was annoying and tedious. This is a topic which has been brought up time and again across countless games. From pointless filler quests to nonsensically time-consuming "challenges" that none-the-less require almost zero skill is not fun. It's not good, especially in an action-based game such as The Division.

Besides which: "You can't switch loadouts while in combat" is a thing. I could have sat there for another 10 minutes waiting for skills to reset and swap while I plinked away a the health of the healing station and the medic, only to have him rez the other guy when I finally took it down.

But it was just easier to bypass the entire headache by starting over. Probably faster, too. :/

KagatoAC's Avatar Senior Member
    from the opposite side of that room you can snipe them when they pop up to shoot at you, a striker drone will fly right up there as well.

Your not in combat if you switch before entering the area during a mission. I do it it all the time. I have a seeker build and a status build that handle these situations very easy and fast. I run a lot of heroic missions using these two load-outs so I can switch back or continue using them If I want. I seems easier than than quitting and starting over. Just saying!

There is a part like that in federal emergency bunker also, they really screw you up when you are trying to do the time trials and the NPCs just sit in cover.

Originally Posted by Jman0045 Go to original post
    There is a part like that in federal emergency bunker also, they really screw you up when you are trying to do the time trials and the NPCs just sit in cover.
    It's the worst on the invaded version. Those BT guys just camp out. Surprised they don't bring marshmellows with them.
     2 people found this helpful

RedSaberSam's Avatar Senior Member
    What I do sometimes when this happens is, turn around and run back a couple rooms, When the threat level goes down the npcs will come out of hiding and you can take them down and move on. Otherwise, restart mission.