Originally Posted by GeneralErrror Go to original post
    As I suggested in my own post, my suggestion would be to consider it a nightmare you have while tossing from side to side in your bunk bed in a safe house - that way it won't break the pureness and perceived realism of DV2.

In the end the idea is just an additional, fun, easy to implement* game mode to extend the life of this game I think we all here like quite a bit :-)

*As compared to making an extension such as WoNY. This of course is an assumption on my part - I have done game development in the past, but that was a while back and not on that scale, so I might be wrong...
    You mean the age-old trope of "it was all a dream"? Like zombies that trope is passé and now a source of parody. It really does come down to what you consider to be, and to not be, a source of fun. My own bias means that I would find it a horrible stain on the game and its setting and would push me away from the game, even if it were optional; its mere presence would irk, irritate and annoy me, and I would still see it as undermining the real-world nature of the Division. However, I do accept that is just myself to account for but even so I would suspect there are other players who would feel the same. How many is something none could fathom, in the same way it is difficult to fathom who would be for it, but that is beside my point, which was that the real-world nature of the Division is not the place for fantastical tropes along the lines of zombies.

Originally Posted by Metal_Greg Go to original post
    my point was that the idea of zombies can be changed and turned into something a bit more grounded in reality. I'm not saying put zombies in division I'm just saying they could turn this into something like the 28 days thing but maybe a bit more realistic. as for that belonging to 28 days, the division is already heavily based on the book Directive 51 so i'd say borrowing themes is already on the table. and besides, media borrows themes from other media all the time.
    You're absolutely right, and I agree that "media borrows themes from other media all the time." However, whether borrowing from other media needs or should happen is another matter. I won't repeat myself because I'm sure you're more than aware of my stance by having replied to my post, but anything zombie-like would not get my (unimportant and of no-consequence) vote.

Originally Posted by VampiricVulpix Go to original post
    Because nano drone stations that can literally revive an agent from the dead & agents being able to carry thousands of rounds of ammunition without mobility loss is grounded realism. Let's not forget some individuals such as hunters can "Goku Instant Transmission" out of conflict even in the middle of an open massive field.
    There is a difference between reality of gameplay and a real-world setting. Some games have neither, others have one or t'other, and some have both. Gameplay concessions that are made to facilitate certain forms of gameplay (i.e. healing to apply to others in the form of a healer and resurrecting team-mates) are not the same as imposing something thematic upon a real-world setting. We have the ability to heal and restore players when they are down (not when they are dead if memory serves, but it has been almost a year since I was last in a group in TD2; I like TD2, my friends don't) but that is in order to facilitate gameplay and the selection of which SHADE tech skills to use in a group environment or as an individual player.

In terms of the Hunter ability to vanish, yes it is unbelievable that they can just disappear in the midst of a gunfight in a poof of smoke, but it is a contextual ability to show they can retreat from dangerous situations, something out of the norm compared to the never-retreating, never-surrending nature of the NPCs in TD's combat. There are other things Hunters can do that we rarely see; such as in the side mission where we encounter a Hunter who stuns us for a long period of time before leaving us alive; we don't see them do that in a fight. In addition their all powerful melee attack at close range cannot be defended against - unless you roll away in time or have a shield out (I think, as I keep away from the fiends) - and that is to empower the Hunter and make being up close a dreadful situation for the agent.

I enjoy the gameplay of The Division 1 & 2, but it was the feel of the world, the setting that really hooked me on The Division 1 after months of putting off buying it. Then I experienced the gameworld on a free weekend and that was it, I absolutely loved the modern mid-apocalypse setting without fantastical stuff (i.e. zombies) thrown in as lazy creative decisions. It was what I wanted to experience from a modern Tom Clancy game considering, as I pointed out in my earlier post, that reality has wandered away from Tom Clancy in terms of gameplay.*

I'm not going to say anyone is wrong to want zombies or something zombie-like in The Division, that's purely down to personal opinion, but I am steadfastly in the 'nope' group.**

*Not that this is a neccessarily bad decision as the more 'arcade' style of gameplay tends to appeal to a wider player audience, and a wider audience helps to keep such real-world settings alive in the gaming world by proving their popularity. In theory, that is, but that leads us on to discuss whether TD3 will ever appear or what will happen with TD2 now for which there are other threads.
    **I feel that I should add for clarity, so you might see why I am defensive of the Division's gameworld, that my love of the setting made a connection with me on an emotional level I rarely see in a game's setting. I post a lot of pictures from TD2's Photo Mode on a Twitter account of mine, as an avid roleplayer in real life I have backstories for and have written stories about two of my agents, and I want to get together the gear - if I ever have the resources and time - to actually cosplay as something an agent, the sort of project I've not wanted to work towards since The Witcher III and finally getting round to finishing all of the Witcher books. So as you can see my bias is very strong in the particular direction I have voiced.
     1 people found this helpful

The reanimator event is straight garbage.

Originally Posted by rapier17 Go to original post
    You mean the age-old trope of "it was all a dream"? Like zombies that trope is passé and now a source of parody.
    Oh, well, in that case... ;-)

I don't know how old you are, but I was a kid when skateboards were the cool new thing. Then they were out for a long time. And then they came back, and now are here to stay. I understand you do not like zombies, but they are here to stay, same as skateboards. Zombies were never completely serious (where does the energy come from that animates them in the first place ?), so in a sense always some sort of parody (Does not mean I did not feel terrible the two times my current character in State of Decay died, ripped apart by said parodies of life). And they were around before people were calling things "tropes" ("age-old trope" is particulary funny to me in that sense).

In any case, my suggestion was just to try to find a plausible compromise to introduce a zombie mode, and I personally like the idea of having a nightmare about an even worse pandemic inside a pandemic. But for me they could also let it rip and, as others suggested, just let the zombies crawl out of those body bags. I am after the game mechanics of DV2, not the TC universe, but reusing the existing DV2 props is what could make my suggestion interesting from a profit perspective for Ubisoft (being able to play with our existing DV2 characters would be a definitive added bonus, though).

L3AND80's Avatar Member
    In front of my PC, where else would I be?
    Originally Posted by VampiricVulpix Go to original post
    Because nano drone stations that can literally revive an agent from the dead & agents being able to carry thousands of rounds of ammunition without mobility loss is grounded realism. Let's not forget some individuals such as hunters can "Goku Instant Transmission" out of conflict even in the middle of an open massive field.
    Okay ... OK, so let's put aliens from space, demons from hell, angels from heaven, ghost and spirits from another dimension, robots from the future ... after all, since the game is fictional, then everything is valid, isn't it?

All fiction games, this is obvious, but for everything there is a limit (even for games) and every game has its OWN IDENTITY, those who forget about it, get along, the example I already gave in my previous comment , and he is not the only one.

Adze.'s Avatar Senior Member
    I'd love Zombies or similar in this game. I'm no snob and this engine can produce some stunning effects. Bring it on I say...

SevenNVD's Avatar Volunteer Moderator
    Originally Posted by L3AND80 Go to original post
    Okay ... OK, so let's put aliens from space, demons from hell, angels from heaven, ghost and spirits from another dimension, robots from the future ... after all, since the game is fictional, then everything is valid, isn't it?
    Dragons, you forgot dragons.Re-skin the big drones, equip them with a flamethrower and we have dragons in the game. It totally makes sense since we have magic healing anyway. And if it bothers anyone we can just tell them it was a dream and they wake up in a safehouse full of zombies.

Sarcasm of course, but I hope it makes clear that some fantasies don't fit in this IP.
     3 people found this helpful

Sure it could work i guess, but there are enough zombie shooters out there. I know people like them, prefer it to remain an event only deal for Division.

about nano drones we can add from us real logic...like human body have 4 mins to be reanimated after hearth stop working right....so we have nano drones for this or if we are dying because of blood loss because of damage to us then we can say these nano drones can be also advanced syringes to fill loss of our blood.
    game is not designedto show we have died form explosion as for most, logically would tear apart our body parts as the only armor we waer is on body and yet we can stack our armor, resists where explosions wont hut us to much doesnt matter how big they are

and if you want realism on so high lvl in game here then with removing from us tons of ammo we are hoarding you should also remove mode of heavy armored normal enemies (not these heavy ones with heavy guns slowly walking) because now it is unrealistic how we can shoot few magazines into not much armored by look hiena and he will be still alive, or pack into him full magazine of LKM to kill him, you will need to desing game mechanics of damage, kills, survie from basics

but at current form game world is just realistinc, gameplay...I like to think, imagine it all is just on big skip to not make gameplay boring from realistics and/or bad design of sponge damage system to enemies.
    you want make gamplay here more realistic? give great solution for well balanced not boring gameplay to deal with enemies, enviorment

Agent_Ares's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Merphee Go to original post
    Although it has lighten itself up for some things (pig mask, santa outfit), Division takes itself very seriously for it to do full on zombies. I think the majority of players, and even the devs, respect that seriousness.

However, it is true that, even though nightmare could have been a way to implement zombies, it would have been a limited-time event. It'll happen once and never again. But of course, Division doesn't need actual zombies in order to do something zombie-like. I, for one, think suicide outcast would make a great substitute. Even something like melee heavies.

Enemies taking 200 bullets to kill.
    Very serious game.

Division 2 Agent punch = 0 damage
    Enemy Punch = 2 million damage.
    Very serious game.

Pretty sure the whole idea of "serious" left long long ago.

Merphee's Avatar Volunteer Moderator

Division with zombies and vehicles