Ubisoft, you have to figure something else out...

Mixups and nuanced gameplay is a thing of the past. All I see is light attack spam. Almost all unblockable mixups are shut down by just one light attack, light attack spam blasts through reflex guard, (I don't understand why reflex guard is still a thing, it's been proven that it literally doesn't work 70 percent of the time and besides, you guys designed this game to be unreactable now, reflex guard was designed back when light attacks were still slow enough to "reflexively" guard against, so it's beyond obsolete now) lag and connection inconsistencies create countless scenarios where correctly predicted light attacks break through parries and deny punishes, and frame advantage and disadvantage honestly just ENCOURAGES light spam as well as dodge attack spam, i.e. someone ends a combo with lights, their opponent responds back with lights, and somewhere the chain is eventually broken with a dodge attack, rinse and repeat. Unless you have hyper armor, mixups just aren't being used anymore and it is a stale and boring game to play these days.

I think you had the right idea with Lawbringer back in the day, whereas his shove didn't guarantee any kind of attack... but rather opened up combo capabilites; you can dodge to avoid a light attack and risk a guardbreak, or stand still to counter guardbreak and risk eating a light attack. I'm not saying bring back shove on block... I'm saying introduce attacks that don't guarantee damage, but guarantee mixups. Something, ANYTHING that isn't a light attack.
     1 people found this helpful

Why is this being ignored ?!?

HE IS RIGHT !!!

Originally Posted by Mighty_Mackerel Go to original post
    Mixups and nuanced gameplay is a thing of the past. All I see is light attack spam. Almost all unblockable mixups are shut down by just one light attack, light attack spam blasts through reflex guard, (I don't understand why reflex guard is still a thing, it's been proven that it literally doesn't work 70 percent of the time and besides, you guys designed this game to be unreactable now, reflex guard was designed back when light attacks were still slow enough to "reflexively" guard against, so it's beyond obsolete now) lag and connection inconsistencies create countless scenarios where correctly predicted light attacks break through parries and deny punishes, and frame advantage and disadvantage honestly just ENCOURAGES light spam as well as dodge attack spam, i.e. someone ends a combo with lights, their opponent responds back with lights, and somewhere the chain is eventually broken with a dodge attack, rinse and repeat. Unless you have hyper armor, mixups just aren't being used anymore and it is a stale and boring game to play these days.

I think you had the right idea with Lawbringer back in the day, whereas his shove didn't guarantee any kind of attack... but rather opened up combo capabilites; you can dodge to avoid a light attack and risk a guardbreak, or stand still to counter guardbreak and risk eating a light attack. I'm not saying bring back shove on block... I'm saying introduce attacks that don't guarantee damage, but guarantee mixups. Something, ANYTHING that isn't a light attack.

We have this already, like Gladiator's bashes.