Amber Sky (Drastic Remedy)

I have so far enjoyed this event...

... but I have come despise Drastic Remedy. I am on my 8th attempt to land the plane with crappy keyboard controls and about ready to give up.
     8 people found this helpful

Don't know how used you are to controlling planes in game, but a few tips:
    The landing zone is from east to west, you want to approach east with a good distance.
    Fly just a bit higher than the runway and start to press to decelerated soon as you start flying over the runway. Remember to not speed the plane before that, otherwise you will need to decelerate sooner. The plane will automatically land. Keep pressing to stop.
    Do not try to pitch down, you need to do the opposite. Just before touching down, you need to press S so the front of the plane doesn't hit the ground.

Yeah I'm about the same, I logged on for the first time in months and was greeted an ok event with a couple of fun missions like the stealth ones until this stupid f*cking mission,

You'd think that a mission involving entering through the rooftop of a building to clear it would be cool, but no because the second you try to land the helicopter on the roof the guy immediately gets killed, so you have to instead run to the bottom and shoot the guy in the room, then spend 10 minutes clearing the base, so you can grab the helicopter there to fly to the roof top of the building, and instead of logically taking said helicopter, to instead fly the plane to either it A.Getting it stuck on the billions of trees around the runway, or B. It getting destroyed by the literally invisible sam sites surrounding the gas zone.

At least with Wildlands the horrible controlling planes were optional.
     6 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Stomp0nMybaIls Go to original post
    Yeah I'm about the same, I logged on for the first time in months and was greeted an ok event with a couple of fun missions like the stealth ones until this stupid f*cking mission,

You'd think that a mission involving entering through the rooftop of a building to clear it would be cool, but no because the second you try to land the helicopter on the roof the guy immediately gets killed, so you have to instead run to the bottom and shoot the guy in the room, then spend 10 minutes clearing the base, so you can grab the helicopter there to fly to the roof top of the building, and instead of logically taking said helicopter, to instead fly the plane to either it A.Getting it stuck on the billions of trees around the runway, or B. It getting destroyed by the literally invisible sam sites surrounding the gas zone.

At least with Wildlands the horrible controlling planes were optional.
    I've done this part twice. First time I was in a heli, and simply jumped, parachuting to the top of the building. No one noticed. Simply as that.
    Second time, I just cleared the tower first, went to the top, jumped and parachuted, same deal.

It may have been just coincidence, but after trying your recommendation, which included literally over 5 minutes of circling trying to get the right angle, I managed to land it within a couple inches of the edge.

So... done.

ArgimonEd's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm stuck in a mission where I have to intercept vehicles, it sucks because as soon as I get the intel in the building I'm automatically detected and the chopper flies away

What is the mission's name?

Steven527's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Caraamon Go to original post
    It may have been just coincidence, but after trying your recommendation, which included literally over 5 minutes of circling trying to get the right angle, I managed to land it within a couple inches of the edge.

So... done.
    trying to get this one done now. Hopefully these tips will help. Tired of going back to the bivouac to para in. Last time the lower doors turned out to all be open anyway. wtf?

I did this mission in the most convoluted way. Cleared the whole airport on foot, used sync shot drones to clear the building he was in, then went to use the helicopter on the pad to fly to the roof. Only as soon as I got in the helicopter, some AA setup 600m to the NW started locking on to me.

So I run the 600m, disable the AA, run back to the helicopter just to fly onto the roof right next to it, then finally managed to rescue Dr. Whatever.

Managed to land the plane at the destination in the first go and THANK GOD that counted as a checkpoint, because the next part caught me off guard and I wiped. Or rather the plane got blown up. Either way, failure.

I have been stuck on this mission for over 3 hours. Still can't land the stupid plane. THIS IS NOT LANDING THE PLANE? It's my 13th try. The checkpoint making you clear the base over and over again is cruel. I really dispise whoever did this mission. The plane sucks, its paper both in how it moves and its fragility. Sadistic person who made this mission and separated the checkpoints. I really can't explain how annoying this is. It's 2:30 AM here and I been trying this mission since 11:00PM. Cruel.
     8 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►