Sircowdog1's Avatar Senior Member

Just finished DARPA on heroic with Hunter's Fury + Scorpio....ooof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px9gXEhDrKg

7:45 for the Robot testing lab.
    22:00 final battle.

That was not fun.

If there's one thing I've learned by using Hunter's Fury, it's that The Division 2 is not really meant to be played with only short range options. I carry an M1A CQB for a few things specifically for this reason. But 99% of the fighting is done with the Scorpio. Man do you have to play SUPER aggressive! The build almost relies entirely on that constant refill of health and armor from getting kills.

Anyway, no real point to posting this. I'm just amazed I was able to do it and wanted to share.
     1 people found this helpful

Solkard's Avatar Senior Member
    Issue looked more like you were using poor tactics, trying to face tank enemy fire with a shield and running away instead prioritizing disabling them.

You would have a much easier time if you actually played to the strengths of the set and weapon, by using cover to cover movement and blindfire, as well as the daze proc on kill. Hunter's Fury is designed around aggressive tactics, so complaining about that seems counter intuitive. And needing the heal is really only a consequence of you letting yourself get shot constantly. If you wanted to play short range passive, you should've used a Foundry shield build.

The only part I can really agree on is that some of the content is not really accessible via close range combat, ie the boss that hides on a high balcony or ramp. You can switch weapons to shoot at them, but having to do that does go against the premise of a cqc build.

Why the QCB over an AR, when fighting BT?

Originally Posted by Solkard Go to original post
    Issue looked more like you were using poor tactics, trying to face tank enemy fire with a shield and running away instead prioritizing disabling them.

You would have a much easier time if you actually played to the strengths of the set and weapon, by using cover to cover movement and blindfire, as well as the daze proc on kill. Hunter's Fury is designed around aggressive tactics, so complaining about that seems counter intuitive. And needing the heal is really only a consequence of you letting yourself get shot constantly. If you wanted to play short range passive, you should've used a Foundry shield build.
    Let me preface by saying that this is not my preferred playstyle. Personally I'm much more comfortable with an AR at mid-to-long ranges, and you'd see much cleaner gameplay in that kind of video. But I've been seeing a lot of people lamenting that the run-n-gun style doesn't work, so I wanted to see if it was true. What I learned was that you CAN do it. It simply requires much more aggressive playing than normal.

Anyway, I was not complaining. Just making a comment on the style of play. It would definitely have been easier if I'd played a more traditional HF build using Technician or Firewall for the shield. But I really wanted to show the run-n-gun playstyle works.

Anyway, lets see your video using HF + Scorpio for comparison. I'm always open to better tactics.

EDIT: As a side note, I only switch to the crusader shield for the drone room because doing that place without it is unnecessarily difficult to an extreme. If you watch the entire thing, you'll see me switch back to the striker drone the second the reactor/drone room is clear.

Originally Posted by LateNiteDelight Go to original post
    Why the QCB over an AR, when fighting BT?
    Mostly just because it's only for very limited use for taking down extreme range targets that can't be hit otherwise.

But you're correct that an AR would have probably been the better choice for that mission. I honestly just didn't even think of it.

I don't have a video recording setup, but you're always welcome to add me if you want to group up and watch me do it.

I don't have a video recording setup, but you're always welcome to add me if you want to group up and watch me do it.
    That sounds like a real pain, and wouldn't give the same kind of info. Enemies would inevitably target me, and I wouldn't get the first hand perspective.

I am curious tho: Do you use a HF setup often? I pretty much went into this blind and have been running through each mission on heroic to see what works. So far the "facetanking" seems to work pretty well. If you check the rest of the playlist, you'll see how it operates under different circumstances.

I could play slower and stay behind cover, but that seems less interesting, and better served by a longer-range build like a Classic M1A or other meta all-red build.

Originally Posted by Sircowdog1 Go to original post
    That sounds like a real pain, and wouldn't give the same kind of info. Enemies would inevitably target me, and I wouldn't get the first hand perspective.

I am curious tho: Do you use a HF setup often? I pretty much went into this blind and have been running through each mission on heroic to see what works. So far the "facetanking" seems to work pretty well. If you check the rest of the playlist, you'll see how it operates under different circumstances.

I could play slower and stay behind cover, but that seems less interesting, and better served by a longer-range build like a Classic M1A or other meta all-red build.
    I have several loadouts for different' scenarios. Some fights HF isn't viable due to how far away enemies are camped, ie. large maps like the beginning of Capitol Building. Otherwise it's one of the most effective builds to use in small areas, given how much DPS it puts out. Using cover isn't slow if you're actually moving forward. The point is that at close range, you can pretty much just blind fire from cover with perfect accuracy and safety. The only real caveat is that you need high situational awareness of enemy positions, so that you don't get yourself flanked, which is why I usually run a pulse when using the loadout.

So far I have two variations. One uses Memento in longer runs where I'll have time to build up the buff. The other is a Wicked/Bleed build for shorter content loops where I won't. I've considered making a rerolled blue set to make shield tanking viable, but after testing shields on a skill build, I've decided that Foundry is really the only viable option to sustain a shield in endgame content.

after testing shields on a skill build, I've decided that Foundry is really the only viable option to sustain a shield in endgame content.
    Have you tried using the artificer hive? With a Tier 6 shield, even a crusader shield should hold up reasonably well without FB.

BT3241's Avatar Senior Member
    The drone is a great choice it can get any enemy - confuse and distract the enemy and not just one 2or 3 will be trying to shoot it - its my main skill weapon and I see lots of others are on to it now I see many people using the attack drone hopefully they don't Nerf it - its freaken awesome at tier 6 its a second gun all you got to do is aim it and it does the rest.