Originally Posted by Goat_of_Vermund Go to original post
    The dodge attack should probably deal far less damage. Or it shouldn't beat guardbreaks. I think the same about Kensei.
    Yeah they really need to give more GuardBreak Vulnerability on dodges like kenshi,Highlander,Gryphon,Tinadi and others who has similar.

You literally have to guardbreak before they even start to dodge its stupid

The randomness and fast speed of his dodge attacks can be a bit too powerful indeed. I wouldn't mine if this aspect about Gryphon would get changed.

However I can constantly parry them 80-90% of the time. I'm not saying that I'm better than any of you, writing to this post, I'm actually just a bit better than average. I'm not really sure what is the reason that Gryphons can't really surprise me with dodge attacks but if I have to make a guess than I would probably say that it's because I'm a Lawbringer main (poor LB , he deeds some buffs). LB doesn't have any pressure from neutral, so I'm constantly feinting my attacks, because I don't want to get parried. This allows me to parry the mindless dodge attacks. If there is a wall nearby and no other enemies... than it's good for me.

My only issue with gryphon that's not feat related is his dodge attack. It's not even op. But it's capable of dodging all levels of a charge bash and still landing.

Im unsure if it's due to the speed plus input window or if it's just the input window. But that should be fixed.
     1 people found this helpful

My only issue with gryphon that's not feat related is his dodge attack. It's not even op. But it's capable of dodging all levels of a charge bash and still landing.

Im unsure if it's due to the speed plus input window or if it's just the input window. But that should be fixed.
    Agreed.

Originally Posted by sakesakesake Go to original post
    Its not just that. The mixup is way overpowered and the dodge way too good because it has Kenseis dodge properties AND immediately rewards you with his overpowered mixup.

I have seen an abundance of Gryph players in duel these days that are severly lacking in all the most basic skills required to play. They generally cant block 500ms light attacks on reaction. They cant do anything defense wise. What they do fairly consistently is just yolo buffer heavy dodge at complete random. They avoid chain pressure consistently by doing this - like legit you can not chain pressure against this character because a random heavy dodge is way too punishing due to the mixup it leads into.

His dodge frames also negate a lot of other offense like bash, like light/heavy/feint mixups. All of that isnt a huge problem by itself but the fact that they get rewarded sooo heavily everytime they get a dodge attack off is just too much.

On a player level where people cant react to lights consistently he is fundamentally broken because of this aspect since he can attack but the opponent takes a huge risk everytime by attacking.

On high level it simply means that you have to turtle like a mofo against this character.

His health is too high as well, his damage is too high, Ubisoft somehow has a history of ignoring extremely overtuned numbers so not much hope that gets fixed.

On other note his dodge/dodge attack animations are way off. His forward dodge light the jankiest looking thing in the game rn. Hes borderline teleporting when he does that. His empty side dodges have the same problem that Jorms backdodge has where the animation doesnt seem to show any movement until very late into the dodge making it significantly harder to punish him for random dodges, that in addition to a kensei dodge. The indicator for that pops way too late to punish random empty side dodges easily.

tl;dr: Getting his extremely powerful mixup with huge damage payoff off an incredibly strong dodge is really not okay and enables some really ridiculous gameplay.
    This!!!!

Exactly, stop ignoring the problem everyone who say "it's fine" ... all these are real problem !!!!

yeah that's it. Where's an ubi respond?

MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm a kensei main and I approve adjusting both kensei and gryphon side dodge heavy. They need more vulnerability like nobu and warmongers dodge attacks. Even pk and shaman are better examples than gryph or kenny. Gyrph and kenny side dodge attacks are simply too safe to use. They are powerful option selects.

This is typical ubi.... he will be nerfed as soon as a new character is looming....

His dash's are like nothing else in this game basically unreachable, maybe not by ms BUT indicator.

His kick can come from any two moves (which don't have to even hit you or be things you could even block!) which is not reachable and if you get it wrong you eat an undodge heavy.

His feats are pretty decent

He is HARD to punish as it stands and then he will just roll straight back into the ****** cancer moveset you caught him out of previously.

I play warmonger atm and his side unblock has one of the largest GB openings of ANY character.... his unblock is ****** useless.... Gryphons dash GB window is so so so small.

In honesty he is just to easy play, I know ubi are trying to bring new blood in and thus making all the characters easier to play makes sense.... but this is a grade A first few months ubi release.... seen it all before with black prior onwards and frankly it's ****** boring.

I think it would be easy to adjust the dodge attacks:

Either
    a.: make them vulnerable to guardbreaks.

or

b.: make them a light parry (the light can be enchanced of course to don't stop chains on block).

This would be a simple rule. The heroes who would lose on this are not weak at all: Shaman, Kensei and Gryphon are all top tier heroes, and I believe these are the only heroes now following these rules. I don't think either would need compensation, all are pretty strong, so it can be a standardization.

P.S.: I don't know about Shaolin neutral unblockables, but they seem to be easy to gb.

I think it would be easy to adjust the dodge attacks:

Either
    a.: make them vulnerable to guardbreaks.

or

b.: make them a light parry (the light can be enchanced of course to don't stop chains on block).

This would be a simple rule. The heroes who would lose on this are not weak at all: Shaman, Kensei and Gryphon are all top tier heroes, and I believe these are the only heroes now following these rules. I don't think either would need compensation, all are pretty strong, so it can be a standardization.

P.S.: I don't know about Shaolin neutral unblockables, but they seem to be easy to gb.
    Either of these would make a logical and simple solution. If Dodge attacks were a light parry I would destroy Gryphons, who are mindlessly dodge attacking, with my Lawbringer.