Cant get the game to run Windows 10

Hi,

I recently picked up the game on steam but I cant seem to get it to run... When I try to launch it always loads up a white screen with the rocksmith logo in the corner before crashing back to desktop. Going off suggestions I found all over the place I have tried to:
    - run the game in compatibility mode (windows 7/8, administrator mode).
    - run the game from its directory while steam isn't running
    - Launch it in windowed mode.
    - check and re-check the file'st integrity
    - un-install and re-install multiple times.
    - launch after changing steams "affinity" in task manager to 18 threads or less.
    - changed around the settings I have access to in the game's .ini file before launching.
    - Disabled all overlays (Windows game bar, Discord overlay, Nvidia overlay, etc.)
    As well as mixing these around and trying them together.. To no success... The only other suggestions I can find involve doing a fresh install of Windows 10 or to completely uninstall my steam library, neither or which I really want to do.

I'm sure this is a compatibility issue between something on my pc and Rocksmith, but I'm no computer wiz and haven't got a clue about what else I can try. I'm currently doing a fresh install of the game (third time's the charm haha) but I'm just wondering if anyone has other suggestions of things I can try?

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Be sure to follow this guide closely.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...ration-and-FAQ

Sometimes what you are experiencing is due to your audio playback device and/or settings. It is best to use the built in audio playback device. Be sure it is set to stereo, 16 bit, 48khz. Make sure the driver for the audio device are updated.

Other things that can cause this crash are other connected USB devices, microphones, and/or gaming controllers. Disconnect all these things. If that works, then add them back 1 at a time until you determine which was causing the crash.
     1 people found this helpful

Not sure if I should start my own thread or add to this, but I've just upgraded to a new workstation and now Rocksmith won't launch at all.

Running via Steam, it's been un-installed and re-installed, and the local file cache has been successfully verified.

But when I launch via Steam, or by double-clicking the Rocksmith2014.exe file, nothing happens. It appears within the Task Manager for a second or two, then it disappears. No window opens, no error message is displayed.

I've run it with Admin privs, Windows 8 compatibility mode, and it's the same thing every time.

The Rocksmith Realtone cable is plugged in, is detected, and is not locked behind any privacy settings.

My computer is an HP Z8 G4 workstation with 2x Xeon 4116 2.1GHz CPUs (24 cores), with an Nvidia P4000 GPU, 150GB RAM, and everything is installed on a RAID0 NVMe drive.

I'm at a loss. Please help!

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    the game will start with or without a cable.

So if its not running it must be an issue with something else. My guess is the C++ runtime libraries that you'll see in other support threads.,

Are you signed up with ubisoft right? Try installing ubisoftconnect and running it daemon and see if you see your games listed.

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello all!

Thanks rcole_sooner and pedietz for sharing your workarounds and troubleshooting tips!

Zalteck & PHILTIMM - Thanks for sharing what troubleshooting you've already tried. Can you try the other steps provided on this FAQ? As suggested by pedietz, ensuring that the supporting software is fully up-to-date is one of the steps listed, so it could be worth trying this out!

If the issue still persists after trying the steps on the FAQ, please don't hesitate to update this thread. Thanks!

Hello, @Ubi-Borealis!

Thank you for your reply.

I can confirm that I've gone through the steps listed on the FAQ and everything is as it should be, but still Rocksmith won't launch. I've taken DXDiag and MSInfo logs for when you need them.

Any further help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    happening to me today! Game flashes white like it starting then back to windows 10 screen. doh.

Weird. I screwed around with all of the INI settings and it died at the white screen everytime.

So I deleted the INI file..
    VERIFYIED the local file on Steam
    Rebooted
    Now the game works just fine again.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post
    happening to me today! Game flashes white like it starting then back to windows 10 screen. doh.

Weird. I screwed around with all of the INI settings and it died at the white screen everytime.

Rebooted
    Thought this would be the solution for me. No dice. This is ridiculous.

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by pedietz Go to original post

Rebooted
    Hello pedietz,

Thank you for sharing this! We're glad that the issue has been resolved for you. Happy gaming and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mark. Go to original post
    Hello pedietz,

Thank you for sharing this! We're glad that the issue has been resolved for you. Happy gaming and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.
    My additional question is why is this one of the few games around that requires an affinity hack in task manager to reduce the number of cores available so that the game may start? Does Ubisoft have any intention of patching this issue to support modern, high core count CPUs?