pigozz's Avatar Junior Member

I quit

Played since release. Loved the game. But Im not gonna support this spam fest.
    Remove CCU and Im back.
    I sincerely hope more people will do the same
     2 people found this helpful

UbiYubble's Avatar Community Representative
    Hey there,

It's unfortunate to hear that you haven't been enjoying the game as of late. When referring to the Core Combat Update, are there any specific aspects of the CCU you dislike, or are you not a fan of it as a whole? I would really love for you to provide a bit details if you're willing to share. If you still choose to leave the game, I want to wish you well in your future gaming endeavors. Hopefully something will be introduced to the game that'll entice you to return one day.

pigozz's Avatar Junior Member
    Appreciate the reaction. Its pretty simple, the biggest issue with the CCU is definately the hidden indicator, which resulted in most lights being hardely reactive with almost impossible chance to parry lights. In addition with lower damage numbers(which I dont mind) even trying to parry lights become useless since reward in form of heavy that is only slightly stronger than light is not worth it. Other issues such as the weird inbalance between different dodge attacks (kensei/gryphon option selects which were discussed to death in other threads) are obnoxious as well but not as critical. Problem is, as other pointed in all those other threads, that this game used to be tactical and full of mind games. Thanks to basically speeding up all attacks, its no longer the case. You either spam lights or you lose.
    Suggested changes - Im no expert but I really feel like these are quite doable and would help:
    A)hidden indicator only for 33-50-75ms - just tinker with the number until players feel like theres a nice balance between light attacks being dangerous but still parriable on reaction when you are expecting them
    OR
    Rebalance all the numbers so that heavy damage generally equals 3x the lights. When you land a heavy - it should count since its easily parriable/dodgeable/blockable/guardbreakable etc.
    OR
    (and this one is demanded by A LOT of people)
    Revert CCU. The game was in a state of nearly perfect balance before it hit live. I mean in the entire history of patch changes, the only core change that I really felt was needed was removing guardbreak on parry. The rest of the patches were ups and downs just like in any other online game that keeps adding new heroes.

Maybe the top 0,1% of players were bored because they could parry 100% of lights. But if thats the case, I dont know - just create a special "pro" duels where the indicator is hidden for those 100ms so that they're happy (I believe they wouldnt be and would prefer the old system anyway)

I appreaciate that some moderator actually read my goodbye note, but replying is not enough. I will keep watching for honor patches but until I see a solution to the spam fest, Im not touching it because its not fun anymore...kinda sad because before CCU I still enjoyed every game even though I have over 25 days of playtime in For Honor :/
     1 people found this helpful

There more people than you think that feel like you .. they just did'nt join the forum

This game is allready dead... take a look at the rep of people in the lobby.... only low rep... all the veteran are GONE !!!

MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Maxime_Qc- Go to original post
    This game is allready dead... take a look at the rep of people in the lobby.... only low rep... all the veteran are GONE !!!
    If youre finding all low rep players, then its because the game thinks you belong with those players, aka, you aren't good enough for the higher rep players.

I primarily find rep 100+ players, and more often than not, they are 200+.

I myself am rep 294 currently and sometimes even find rep 300 or 400 and up. Stop spouting straight lies.

The game uses skill based match making. You fight those around your own skill level more often than not. Sometimes it screws up but most of the time its not bad.

Fighting all low rep players all the time is evidence that you yourself are playing at a low skill level. Sorry but thats just the truth.

Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    If youre finding all low rep players, then its because the game thinks you belong with those players, aka, you aren't good enough for the higher rep players.

I primarily find rep 100+ players, and more often than not, they are 200+.

I myself am rep 294 currently and sometimes even find rep 300 or 400 and up. Stop spouting straight lies.

The game uses skill based match making. You fight those around your own skill level more often than not. Sometimes it screws up but most of the time its not bad.

Fighting all low rep players all the time is evidence that you yourself are playing at a low skill level. Sorry but thats just the truth.

Sounds like a very likely explanation. I barely see anyone under rep 100.

MrBrownNoser is an active Ubisoft shill: I'd take anything he says with a shaker of salt.

MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Hrafnhrjodr Go to original post
    MrBrownNoser is an active Ubisoft shill: I'd take anything he says with a shaker of salt.
    Lol I can post videos of all the high rep players I encounter.

Would that make you feel better?

Gaser.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Still the same as before CCU.

If you get spammed then this is on you to fix by improving.

If you call the state before CCU near perfect balance that you either high on good old memories or never really played at high level.

Devs won’t revert the CCU, so you can either stay away from the game or instead learn to get better.