Please remove DRM from old games

Hello everyone!
    I know what you might think, another guy who hates drm / another topic about stupid drm. Well, this topic is a bit different from all others. I understand that company wants to protect games at the release, so they add DRM protection. I think anyone would try to protect his property. The only thing I don’t understand why do you keep DRM after the game is cracked? What is the point?

I did some research and here are some examples of other companies and their position on DRM:

CapCom
    Devil May Cry 5 – DRM at the launch and then removed.
    Resident Evil 2 Remake – DRM at the launch and then removed.
    Resident Evil 3 Remake – DRM at the launch, few month later removed even the game wasn’t cracked.

Bethesda Softworks
    Dishonored 2 – DRM at the launch and removed 2-3 years later.
    Dishonored: Death of the Outsider – DRM at the launch and removed later.
    Prey – DRM at the launch and removed 3 years later.

505 Games | Kojima Productions
    Death Stranding – DRM at the launch and removed when the game was cracked.

And let’s go back to Ubisoft games (all games are cracked, but DRM still there):

Anno1800
    Assassin's Creed Origins
    Assassin's Creed Odyssey
    Watch Dogs 2
    South Park: The Fractured But Whole
    Far Cry Primal
    Far Cry 5 + New Dawn
    Ghost Recon Wildlands
    For Honor – is online game but there is DRM, why?
    The Crew 2 – same here. Why include DRM to an online game?

So here we are. I think the best way to handle DRM is to delete it once it got cracked so everyone is happy. Ubisoft let’s make it mutual! Company protects game launch and players who supported your games are getting DRM free version. Everyone is happy!
     8 people found this helpful

I agree with you. For example in AC Origins Denuvo may affect performance in large cities what causes fps drops even on the recommended system requirements.

And why did Ubisoft include DRM in For Honor? Almost anyone could get the game on various giveaways. Ubisoft, please remove DRM from old games!
     4 people found this helpful

Ubisoft and removing DRM? These things don't go together.
     1 people found this helpful

You are right! But we have two options

1) Do nothing and expect nothing
    2) Or we can get everyone's attention to this topic and hope that Ubisoft will take it under consideration.

I believe anything is possible
     4 people found this helpful

FingDM's Avatar Junior Member
    I agree. Removing DRM is a good solution.
     2 people found this helpful

I agree.
     3 people found this helpful

It is actually a good idea, I think.

People who wants to support the developers just do it without excuses.
    And people who doesn't, won't do it anyway. Especially if DRM protection has been already cracked on it.

So if it could provide even a small performance increase for players it is better to remove DRM from this games.
     2 people found this helpful

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    BO HO !!
    Cause some other companies removed DRM from they Games, Does not mean Ubisoft will follow them like stupid sheep !

You can only dream about that Ubisoft ever removes DRM from they games ! NOT GOING TO HAPPEN !!

Of course it dosen't mean that Ubisoft will follow but it's the right thing to do. Removing drm from games that don't need it anymore will have only positive effect and we are here to send that massage to Ubisoft!

Totally agree with you. There is no point in keeping DRM after the game is cracked. Ubisoft, please delete DRM from old games!