Ze-Rax's Avatar Junior Member

(Exploit?) Runs from custom modes get submitted by to the ranking

So I was fooling around with a custom game mode and just wanted to drive the campaign with "Reactorboost Down", just for fun, not knowing, that the runs apparently get submitted to the ranking.. so now I apparently got WR on Winter 01 with a 18.712 while #2 has 23.268.

So I'm obviously asking for this run to be removed and please make runs from non-official gamemodes not to be submitted to the ladder. I only played Winter 01 with that mode so far and luckily noticed it early enough.

Sorry for the inconviniece, wasn't my intention.
     1 people found this helpful

I was just checking the gamemode script again and noticed that there actually is a "#Const C_UploadRecord True" which is used in "Race::SetupRecord()" that I didn't notice when modifying the script because I based my version on the default TimeAttack mode and just didn't check for that (because I didn't know it existed). I guess setting that to False would have prevented this from happening.

This should not a be setting that should be up to the server hosts or gamemode creators (imo, as I'm the best example for why it shouldn't).

w1lla's Avatar Trackmania Turbo Moderator
    Const is a constant which server holsters can adjust but most never change stuff like that. They do however change #Setting part

After the record was deleted I didn't a valid time on the track anymore, obviously. So I drove the map agian in the normal campaign to get a valid time back. When I logged in again today I noticed that my "bugged" time is back again. Apparently it uploaded the same time again which was saved locally somewhere. On the Discord someone told me that I should delete my autosaves and that might keep that from happening. I just wanted to inform about that issue again to keep all the information available. Also, if deleting autosaves won't do the trick, please tell me what to do.