Ubi-Alinoa's Avatar Super Moderator

[18/01/2021] new update & changelogs!

In the past months, we have been working on rewriting the netcode for Trackmania to bring a better overall online experience with no delay in rounds mode for example. Today we made a lot of progress and we need to mass test it so we're releasing it with this update. Please report to us any bad behavior or unexpected lags (with your ping attached) on the official forums: https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisp...Player-Support
    Cup of The Day might be disturbed because of those changes, we will see how it react to many players playing.

Other changes in this update:

General:

• Added possibility for players to handle maps submitted in a club map review activity
    • Fixed display of the script name for players' dedicated servers in the list
    • Fixed the starting speed on a vertically inclining surface
    • Fixed the change of medal times in map editor
    • Cleared unused / unusable / old materials PhysicsId and GameplayId from MeshModeler, NadeoImporter and Material Editor
    • Fixed crashes in Materials Mode of Mesh modeler

Media tracker and ghosts:

• Outros & Triggers now work in the MediaTracker
    • Entity Blocks no longer get a 50ms offset
    • OrbitalCamera no longer moves when using Shift+Arrows
    • Entity block now has Race time field when available
    • Text block no longer has length issues when created due to generation
    • Better way to get triggers for ghosts/entities

NadeoImporter (downloadable at https://doc.trackmania.com/nadeo-importer/):

• Fixed scale parameter in MeshParams
    • Added New Materials (from Platforms and Special Effects blocks)
    • Added ability to change PhysicsId and GameplayId in MeshParams files

Mesh Modeler:

• Fixed crashes in Materials Mode

Known bugs:

• Lap count won't update when spectating. It will when you change the player you spectate
    • Respawing show an animation that was present in Shootmania
    • Ghosts of a lot of players in rounds move a lot

5 people found this helpful

Hey, if It's possible please fix the disappearance of the second player when respawning in Split Screen mode. Also, the keybindings for both players (keyboard, pad) change to default in Split Screen. Just thought to share it as it seems like not a big deal to fix. Best!
     1 people found this helpful

Awesome! Keep it up

Thank you for the update and changelog

just tell me one thing are you testing updates before putting it in, or your little brains are too small to do this. Again you give update where you fix one thing and fcked up 3 new ones. There are broken cp on maps showing random numbers game is unplayable becouse of this i cant see if im going on pb or not. Seriously explain to me how you can hire idiots who dont check uptade before giving it to game. If it was my company someone who put this update will be out of company in 5s

bug with update

as soon as I pass a CP it is marked that I have 5 seconds in advance whereas no, and it does that to me since the update, I checked all the files but the problem is still there

Here are some problems I experienced with this update:
    - CP splits are wrong: When I reach a cp, the time the game is comparing against is the time my ghost has on the NEXT cp, hence the 2-10s advantage on every cp that players experience. This happens on every run, offline or online (not just the first run as you mentioned)
    - Some custom keybinds were changed, such as the hide/show other ghosts and the backspace button which now respawns to last cp instead of restarts the run. Manually setting these keybinds again seems to work, although I think the hide/show ghosts is kind of broken, especially when playing against a PB and another leaderboard ghost (pressing the key I just binded sometimes does not do anything, but it's not 100% I think)

Hope that helps

Being Polish - it's a state of mind xD

AGM.shikamaru's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by BrzuchLewego Go to original post
    just tell me one thing are you testing updates before putting it in, or your little brains are too small to do this. Again you give update where you fix one thing and fcked up 3 new ones. There are broken cp on maps showing random numbers game is unplayable becouse of this i cant see if im going on pb or not. Seriously explain to me how you can hire idiots who dont check uptade before giving it to game. If it was my company someone who put this update will be out of company in 5s
    the gaps are wrong but you can still see your ghost and the final time is hopefully correct. BTW these days there are things called regression tests which can be fully automated (no need for a brain, let the machine do it for you). One way of doing this would be to let a ghost play against another ghost and check that known CP gaps are correct. If you fix this you may also find a way to fix CP times done in online mode. Sometimes they are way off too, and sometimes it's also true when you cross the finish line the chrono would keep going long after you crossed it -> just validating the replay would help in this regard but I reckon these require additional CPU cycles (especially if you do it server-side).

Also I noticed a lot of flickering during track of the day today, in some way it pushed me to try to stay at the front but this is a real visual annoyance, one that could easily trigger seizures to some sensitive people. Not everyone's got a FTTH Internet connection, and when you got 64 people starting together on a map it requires to display quite a few cars, I'd rather be able to choose how many cars are displayed to set a value that works with my current ISP.

Hope this gets fixed cause I probably would reconsider my participation in track of the day for my well-being (or I would probably DNF on purpose after the time attack round)

Ubi-Alinoa's Avatar Super Moderator
    Originally Posted by marbammotte Go to original post
    as soon as I pass a CP it is marked that I have 5 seconds in advance whereas no, and it does that to me since the update, I checked all the files but the problem is still there
    Hi,
    It's fixed now and thank you for your report