Black Screen

i just bought anno 1800 2 days ago. Have played it for 3 hours and it got freeze. My screen got black and i could not do anything except the sound?

My video card is 970gtx and the driver is 445.87.

Please fix it or refund.

First, i have to say: In my eyes your post is kinda inappropriate/mean. Please be polite, even though you might be pissed because there are a lot of ppl who have nothing to do with your problem but will read your post anyway and will try to help you. I have nothing to do with Ubi but try to help ppl as much as i can.
    Also 90% of posts here are user errors or driver issues both of which Anno has nothing to do with so don't throw blame around before you know anything. And even if Anno is the only game affected does not mean its Annos fault.

I will now assume that "Please fix it or refund. " really means: "I would appreciate any help and will be thankful about every suggestion and hopefully a solution to my problem".
    Have you tried playing the game in DX11 mode instead of DX12. The DX12 implementation of Anno 1800 is somewhat buggy for some people so it often helps setting the DirectX settings in the game to DX11. You can find the setting in the Anno options menu. If you cannot launch Anno at all, there should be a solution in this thread:
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthrea...-to-DirectX-11

Your driver seems outdated. The latest driver today would be 461.09. You could try to update your driver and see if this resolves the issue.

I hope this will resolve your issue. If it persists, you could update this post or write a support ticket with your msconfig and dxdiag attached to the ticket:
    https://support.ubisoft.com/en-US/Article/000061449
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by khamvat12345 Go to original post
    i just bought anno 1800 2 days ago. Have played it for 3 hours and it got freeze. My screen got black and i could not do anything except the sound?

My video card is 970gtx and the driver is 445.87.

Please fix it or refund.
    Hello khamvat12345,

Welcome to the Forums.

As chris02918 has already kindly posted - please ensure you've attempted appropriate troubleshooting steps to try and see if there are any changes.

Additionally to chris' DX and Driver advice, please also try verifying your games files and performing a Clean Boot to ensure there are no other conflicting programs.

If all of the suggested steps don't resolve your issue, please contact us directly via our Support Site or you can also reach us on Facebook and Twitter with your DxDiag and MSinfo system files.

Thank you

What am i supposed to say? I spent my money on their product, i have right to ask it works.
    Btw, i tried tons of thing before i poist it here. Reinstalled Windows, reinstalled game, verified game, installed newest driver card but still get nothing.
    So now you said that my post is mean?I bought this game cuz i love this series, not to fix it.

Just found out new thing. When i turn on Task manager, i see that when the GPU is 100%, my screen is black but the sound still working. I have no idea what is the problem.
    My pc spec: 16gb ram, gtx970, i3-9k and setting in game is all low

Ubi-WheelyDuck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by khamvat12345 Go to original post
    Just found out new thing. When i turn on Task manager, i see that when the GPU is 100%, my screen is black but the sound still working. I have no idea what is the problem.
    My pc spec: 16gb ram, gtx970, i3-9k and setting in game is all low
    Thank you for your update.

Can I just check you have followed all steps which have previously been mentioned? This will include updating all drivers as the driver you mentioned you are currently running is not the newest.

It will also still be incredibly useful to see your system files as previously advised

Many thanks