Optimal Play is a Joke.

From what I've seen this game forces you to play Optimally and doing this makes it so every time you fight the same hero you fight the same fight over and over there is no flow you have to stick to the pattern set or you lose... This is a huge problem for me i do not like repeatitive things its very annoying and when a full community of players is forced to play the same exact way down to the T or lose in a game ive dumped time and money into just to find out there is no flow and im stuck having to do the same stuff over and over sticking to the script. counter then have the only attack input have to be the 1 and only 1 optimal attack whether is guarranteed or not and if I dont I get punished for it. Im very displeased... Its like a fake fight You have to stick to the script written or your dead this needs to be changed it's Ludacris.

Every one loves saying they read you when they play optimaly and get the 50\50 option select but everything in this game is 50\50 option select or optimal plays its luck and then turtleing optimal plays there is absolutely no way to turn a fight around and come back. This is another big problem unless you count getting lucky 5 times in with row skill with 1% health left while an opponent goes afk cuz he thinks he won.... But we all know thats like getting hit by lightning over and over ill be absolutley sure to pay attention till i get to a higher bracket b4 dumping any money into a game making sure game mechanics make sense not being dazzled by new graphic rerenders and fancy cosmetics hoping the game gets better buying a new dlc then the next hoping it will fix the game man these ppl seen me coming... Just wow.
     1 people found this helpful

I understand you....

I feel the same

But the communitty is filled with little kids with no parent to respect the age limit on a game and that only like to win...

And the new meta let them win... so as long as they are here the game will be ruins

So as long as these kids are here in number the devs will listen to them and the game will be ruin just like :gta , cod etc etc

So we can just hope that the game lose some popularity and i'll be back onve a years to see what's up with it ... unless another fighting game of the same genre come out !!!
     1 people found this helpful

Optimal play is not the same every time. Yes, there is a perfect action every time you do something, but nobody is perfect, and you make your choices based on your enemy's behaviour. I have played many ranked duels, and before the CCU, it was almost exclusively against Wardens of Diamond level. And it was still easy to tell the difference between them based on their playstyle, even if they were all very good players using the same hero to it's maximum, they were different.

You said it .. THEY WERE all different.. what about now.... ALL THE SAME ...

Anyway why you talking bout the past

Originally Posted by Maxime_Qc- Go to original post
    You said it .. THEY WERE all different.. what about now.... ALL THE SAME ...

Anyway why you talking bout the past
    Different?? Do you meen the order of the diamond lvl Warden's heavy fient and gb into guaranteed heavy were in 2 seperate places On the rotation after the small mechanic manipulating Optimal rotation everyone and their Grandmother does after the combo starting 1 light and then the second guaranteed light then repeat... Please I've played games with better mechanics on Super Nintendo if every game company would stop selling out comprimising all their time for graphics an larger pixel format rerenders instead of not fixing trash mechanics it's possible this game coulda been something there is no way everybody here doesnt think the same thing if you dont you must be new to the fighting genre... Least they could do is finish shugo cuz there is no way they finished him or the game in time for release then tried to play it off like thats what they tried to by adding Hito to even the playing field when he should have just been finished with actual combos instead of a 1 shot nuke 50\50 combo starter. Facts are they're Lazy not cuz of everything else cuz the games still in beta dont release till its finished. Tbh I dont think they know what they are doing the guy that made the game even halfway good musta been let go cuz all sense and know how is just no where to be found in this game any more.

Trust me i loved the game to but something happened i dont really know how to explain but im done beating round the bush not saying something while i watch all the games ive played my whole life go from so hardcore ive practice my whole life to get 60 hit combos down be turned into a casual friendly game turning all the different buttons for those 60 hitters to just 1 button letting anybody who's anybody pick up a controller for the 1st time and be able to do these combo's its not right it's like every team who plays baseball shoulsd get a Championship trophy thats not hoew this works.

You need to practice to get good i remember where if you spammed 1 button somebody would come melt your face with raiden or Liu Kang sub scorp with a full kit combothat took 4 ever to master now this.. I just find this new casual style very sad the world has changed... Or idk maybe im old just its not like it used to be and breaks my heart and soul.

I know it is a totally diff game but I thought it would evolve to somthing better w/e i think my gaming career is over... I might just need to hang up the controller.. Ill be taking my leave Kiddos.

Originally Posted by I4mTheUnderGod Go to original post
    Different?? Do you meen the order of the diamond lvl Warden's heavy fient and gb into guaranteed heavy were in 2 seperate places On the rotation after the small mechanic manipulating Optimal rotation everyone and their Grandmother does after the combo starting 1 light and then the second guaranteed light then repeat... Please I've played games with better mechanics on Super Nintendo if every game company would stop selling out comprimising all their time for graphics an larger pixel format rerenders instead of not fixing trash mechanics it's possible this game coulda been something there is no way everybody here doesnt think the same thing if you dont you must be new to the fighting genre... Least they could do is finish shugo cuz there is no way they finished him or the game in time for release then tried to play it off like thats what they tried to by adding Hito to even the playing field when he should have just been finished with actual combos instead of a 1 shot nuke 50\50 combo starter. Facts are they're Lazy not cuz of everything else cuz the games still in beta dont release till its finished. Tbh I dont think they know what they are doing the guy that made the game even halfway good musta been let go cuz all sense and know how is just no where to be found in this game any more.

Trust me i loved the game to but something happened i dont really know how to explain but im done beating round the bush not saying something while i watch all the games ive played my whole life go from so hardcore ive practice my whole life to get 60 hit combos down be turned into a casual friendly game turning all the different buttons for those 60 hitters to just 1 button letting anybody who's anybody pick up a controller for the 1st time and be able to do these combo's its not right it's like every team who plays baseball shoulsd get a Championship trophy thats not hoew this works.

You need to practice to get good i remember where if you spammed 1 button somebody would come melt your face with raiden or Liu Kang sub scorp with a full kit combothat took 4 ever to master now this.. I just find this new casual style very sad the world has changed... Or idk maybe im old just its not like it used to be and breaks my heart and soul.

I know it is a totally diff game but I thought it would evolve to somthing better w/e i think my gaming career is over... I might just need to hang up the controller.. Ill be taking my leave Kiddos.

Now, by different, I mean different. If you fail to notice the difference between two diamond level Wardens, then we already found the main reason you lose. And the CCU did not change the fact they are fighting differently.

I challange you to an experiment: unlock the hero you think is the most OP "spammer", and spam that one move you think is enough to win with it. Let's see how far that gets you. If you take my word on it, not far, but you might want to get firsthand experience.

Originally Posted by Goat_of_Vermund Go to original post
    Now, by different, I mean different. If you fail to notice the difference between two diamond level Wardens, then we already found the main reason you lose. And the CCU did not change the fact they are fighting differently.

I challange you to an experiment: unlock the hero you think is the most OP "spammer", and spam that one move you think is enough to win with it. Let's see how far that gets you. If you take my word on it, not far, but you might want to get firsthand experience.
    Different how you still yet to explain any reasonin from what i see im already there ready to use full kits and such but am forced to play optimal every game since i started im rep 18 jj rep 13 nobo rep 20 ara rep16 shaolin not 1 fight ive played has been anything but spam of lights to all ppl doing same 5 hit heavy fient rotations there ain much else you can do with warden then what i explained unlees he has a secret 5 button code for a secret move i dont see how he gonna play on a better level these games are made to fool you into thinking it could be honorable when in fact its not then young kids into stealing their parents credit card with all its smoke and mirrors this is the facts of all game companies mindsets thats why they are all trying to look like play2 win when infact its pay2win quite frankly its very Dishonerable and is shamful... Ive seen enuff they can all take the leap together Ive been a MK fan and the 1st step make the game casual friendly check make it look like its kinda possible to control the fights when its really rock paper scissor when you stick to the script check now add a bunch of expensive DLC for cosmetics and confuse the kids who know nothing in a way that they will deny even if its explained to them when all they do is complain for game balances to check. Take care ive seen enuff

Im not putting MK down as much cuz if you do buy stuff the game does balance out unlike fh as it sits RN..fh's defence wheel is a graet idea but its mechanics are horrible.

Originally Posted by I4mTheUnderGod Go to original post
    Different how you still yet to explain any reasonin from what i see im already there ready to use full kits and such but am forced to play optimal every game since i started im rep 18 jj rep 13 nobo rep 20 ara rep16 shaolin not 1 fight ive played has been anything but spam of lights to all ppl doing same 5 hit heavy fient rotations there ain much else you can do with warden then what i explained unlees he has a secret 5 button code for a secret move i dont see how he gonna play on a better level these games are made to fool you into thinking it could be honorable when in fact its not then young kids into stealing their parents credit card with all its smoke and mirrors this is the facts of all game companies mindsets thats why they are all trying to look like play2 win when infact its pay2win quite frankly its very Dishonerable and is shamful... Ive seen enuff they can all take the leap together Ive been a MK fan and the 1st step make the game casual friendly check make it look like its kinda possible to control the fights when its really rock paper scissor when you stick to the script check now add a bunch of expensive DLC for cosmetics and confuse the kids who know nothing in a way that they will deny even if its explained to them when all they do is complain for game balances to check. Take care ive seen enuff

Im not putting MK down as much cuz if you do buy stuff the game does balance out unlike fh as it sits RN..fh's defence wheel is a graet idea but its mechanics are horrible.

Well, calling superior players kids and dismissing them as spammers is a loser's mentality. That is arrogance speaking, you can't accept the fact you are losing because you are outplayed. This play to win thing is especially stupid in this game, there is not one hero that can not be unlocked for free, and Warden is free in all editions.

There are no 5 button combos in For Honor, good players are not different from bad ones because the good ones know these, the good players are better because they are better at spacing, they know the other heroes' moveset, and most importantly, read their opponents better. The ones beating you with the same move, for example, figured out you can't fight back, you have no answer to a certain move, and there is no reason to do anything until the opponent changes. If my opponent always falls to heavy into guardbreak, that is how he will die, if someone is that bad, it is not much fun to play against them anyway.

MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member
    I really want to duel against you guys just to see what level you're playing at. It may shed some light on this confusing thread...

Originally Posted by Goat_of_Vermund Go to original post
    Well, calling superior players kids and dismissing them as spammers is a loser's mentality. That is arrogance speaking, you can't accept the fact you are losing because you are outplayed. This play to win thing is especially stupid in this game, there is not one hero that can not be unlocked for free, and Warden is free in all editions.

There are no 5 button combos in For Honor, good players are not different from bad ones because the good ones know these, the good players are better because they are better at spacing, they know the other heroes' moveset, and most importantly, read their opponents better. The ones beating you with the same move, for example, figured out you can't fight back, you have no answer to a certain move, and there is no reason to do anything until the opponent changes. If my opponent always falls to heavy into guardbreak, that is how he will die, if someone is that bad, it is not much fun to play against them anyway.
    You have no idea what im saying its beyond you..you r forced to play optimal and im far dun with this its a big scam to steal money from ppl who know no better and im done with it... If you belive you have any control besides picking the more optimal rock paper scissors hero and getting 1st attack in this game your a damned fool to the creator GL.

Lets go find the hero my hero outclasses the whole game and harass them...you would have just as much honor subdueing a child or elderly in your basment, For Honor its a Joke.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►