🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Ghost-Recon forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Wildlands 2 and why it should be a prequel

Wildlands sequel should actually be a prequel.

Unless the franchise wants to go futuristic, there's really nothing to gain by moving the timeline ahead.

I propose moving backwards... to a time between the Bosnian War and the Kosovo War. Where warlords and lawlessness was the way of the region.

Take the game back to a time where there's no drones but aerial reconnaissance relayed by radio.

The region was flooded with arms but not leadership after the fall of Soviet Russia. Americans really didn't know who to trust.
    But we were definitely there trying to influence the winner.

War crimes, genocide, NATO, Red Cross, ethnic cleansing, a break down of societal norms.
    This is the place you would send Ghosts...

I agree

As was mentioned multiple times in the story, there is many times mentioned Peruvian and othet cartels rivaling with Santa Blanca, that would be awesome next wildlands continuing by my opinion.

Originally Posted by Coe1 Go to original post
    As was mentioned multiple times in the story, there is many times mentioned Peruvian and othet cartels rivaling with Santa Blanca, that would be awesome next wildlands continuing by my opinion.
    This would be a logical continuation.

Clearly breakpoint went way too far into the "near future" with all of the aerial drones and ai-controlled tanks. There was barely a story at all.
    They easily take the "Behind Enemy Lines" approach roll the tech back. M16s and MP5s with less scopes and more stealth.

There's no reason to keep doing Latin drug lords. There's nothing to build on there. It would just me more of the same.
    That's exactly the issue that Division 2 had: no story, just a change of scenery.

gunbladelad's Avatar Senior Member
    Fallen Ghosts was a far superior "Behind enemy lines" story than Breakpoint was...