Says payment method failed - CANT CHANGE PAYMENT METHOD - UBISOFT+ suspended

So.

Decided to try out Ubisoft+.
    Signed up. Filled in my payment info.
    Started downloading the games I wanted to play
    Went out
    Came hoem to >

YOUR PAYMENT FAILED

Hello Lilith-Muttalib,

We attempted to authorise your Visa ************XXXX provided for your UPLAY+ subscription but we were unable to do so.

Please update your payment method within 7 days to continue enjoying all games on Ubisoft+ and keep your status in Ubisoft+ rewards (for eligible countries).

We will automatically attempt to charge your Visa again within 12-24 hours."

Thought that was wierd since my payment method works.
    Loads of cash on the account.
    Not expired
    Not blocked.

Even bought a random game of the store to test it - worked.

So tried another card - same freaking message.
    That card ALSO WORKS. Not expired. Filled with cash and no blocks.

Tried a third time with a PayPal account THAT IS PROVEN TO WORK.
    Same issue. Same message.

Growing really really f***** tired of this atm. Stuck with Corona and really wanna play with my friends. The lack of support is beyond bad.

I have same problem....create a ticket...be on a live chat...always the same...change payement methood, check your card, check your bank account... blablabla...i tried everything, VISA, MASTERCARD, PAYPAL...nothing works...payment failed. Answer of UBI support is still the same....WE ARE SORRY.....check FAQ....and another same things.....Company like UBI and canot resolve this thing....very poor

Ubisoft+ suspended in Oct. Trying to renew subscription for 3 months... no success...

I've created 4 tickets... no progress. I've talked to 3 online reps... nothing... "wait 48 hours" really....?

I had to cancel my debit card due to a fraud issue (hell.. may of been ubisofts terrible security's fault... who knows). after this, I can not renew my subscription. I get zero help/progress from the online servies. It's insane that this issue has no resolve even though sooooo many people have issues. This company is garbage. Good games but it's managed horribly. My trouble tickets "ask" me if it's been resolved, though no matter what I say... it still pushes my ticket to closed... I am so frustrated with this company.

Ubi-Litten's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for getting in contact and sorry to hear you have experienced these issues while attempting to contact our support teams. While we would certainly be able to look into this for you, we would not be able to discuss any transactions or account details on these open forums. The fastest way to get this looked into would be to to contact us directly through our "Live Chat" service when this is available but you can also contact us with your account details or open case numbers via our social media accounts on Twitter or Facebook.

I think I know why most of us are not able to purchase.

On 14 September 2019, new requirements for authenticating online payments were introduced in Europe as part of the second Payment Services Directive (PSD2). Expect these requirements to be enforced over the course of 2020 and 2021. In Norways case, this was enforced from the 31.12.2020 which was exactly the day I purchased Ubisoft + and got suspended just few hours after.

What the law essentially does is that it requires ALL online stores to offer 3D Secure on checkout. (Two factor authentication from your bank) If the online store does not offer this then your bank is obliged by law to block the transaction. (Explaining why our cards is denied in the red error message saying that the payment was denied and what not) This even goes for VISA cards connected to PayPal.

So until Ubisoft offers 3D Secure in their web store, most of us are out of luck unless you live out of EU.

Originally Posted by Isuldraa Go to original post
    I think I know why most of us are not able to purchase.

On 14 September 2019, new requirements for authenticating online payments were introduced in Europe as part of the second Payment Services Directive (PSD2). Expect these requirements to be enforced over the course of 2020 and 2021. In Norways case, this was enforced from the 31.12.2020 which was exactly the day I purchased Ubisoft + and got suspended just few hours after.

What the law essentially does is that it requires ALL online stores to offer 3D Secure on checkout. (Two factor authentication from your bank) If the online store does not offer this then your bank is obliged by law to block the transaction. (Explaining why our cards is denied in the red error message saying that the payment was denied and what not) This even goes for VISA cards connected to PayPal.

So until Ubisoft offers 3D Secure in their web store, most of us are out of luck unless you live out of EU.
    That's logic...it site don't offer 3D secure for subscription but offer it when you buy a game as I rember.....I have the same problem and can't renew the subscription