My new hero idea: the Sentinel

Hello everyone!

I came up with this idea about a new hero and I would like to share it with you. I'm interested about your opinions, just please be reasonable and constructive and don't write dumb comments about my idea, don't make this thread toxic. Thank you!

It would be interesting to see this hero make it into the game IMO (I don't get my hopes up), that is also a reason why I'm posting this, because there is a chance that the devs might see this.

So let us begin!

The Sentinel:

Knight
    Hybrid/Medium
    Disabler, Protector, Survivor
    Weapon: a long and heavy, two-handed spear/short pike (I'm saying short because according to my knowledge the shortest historical spikes were still 2-3 meters long)
    Fashion: 2 main sets with different variations: full pate armor and scale armor with a short shoulder cape. I don't have any concept art because I draw pretty badly
    HP: 140
    Sprint speed: Medium (like Warden, Raider, Lawbringer etc.)

Hero Specifics:
    • Bleeding Weakling: take 10% less direct and block (cheap) damage from bleeding opponents (does not include bleed, fire damage etc.)
    • Shifting Bastion: you’re able to change your guard mid-dodge
    • Hidden Bastion: your guard indicator becomes invisible for the enemy mid-dodge
    • Enhanced chain starter light attacks: your chain starter lights are enhanced
    • Variable light finishers: light finishers have different proprieties based on their direction
    • Limited heavy attacks: do a heavy attack mid-chain, after a light attack. Heavy attacks are uninterruptable and will always end your chain. They can’t be preformed from neutral
    • Push: preform this melee move after dodging sideways or after any heavy attack. Push will behave as the first attack in your chain
    • Push mix-up: Preform different variations of the same melee move by using it as a follow-up/chain starter or as a soft-feint
    • Instant Regret: preform a heavy attack or a guard break immediately after a parry to access one of the two guaranteed parry punishes
    • Stay Down: Place Maker knocks enemies to the ground. Forceful Push and Stunning Smite also have this capability if the enemy is out of stamina.
    • Limited Deflect: (only) your forward dodge has the ability to deflect attacks
    • Renown gain: balanced between all activities

Basic attack chains:
    Vigilant Thrust: light + light+ top light: chain starter is 500 ms dealing 10 damage and Enhanced (all light chain starters are Enhanced as stated above), follow-up is 500 ms dealing 12 damage, the finisher is 600 ms dealing 10 direct and 5 bleed damage, it also has Hyper Armor (HA) 100 ms into the move
    Vigilant Smite: light + light + side light: chain starter is 500 ms dealing 10 damage, follow-up is 500 ms dealing 12 damage, the finisher is also 500 ms dealing 10 damage and it stuns the enemy (but it does not push them away, like Valk’s attack)
    Watchful Strike: light + heavy: chain starter is 500 ms dealing 10 damage; the finisher is 700 ms and deals 20 direct and 5 bleed damage from the sides, from the top it is 800 ms and deals 22 direct and 10 bleed damage. All heavies have HA 200 ms into the move (stated above).
    Vigilant Strike: light + light + heavy: same as Watchful Strike just with a second light (500 ms, 12 damage) before the heavy finisher

Melee moves (bashes):
    Push: side dodge + gb, or gb after any heavy: 500 ms bash which deals 10 stamina damage and stops stamina regeneration for 1 second. Counts as a chain starter and guarantees a light (the second light in your chain) which can only be preformed if Push hits the enemy. You can also continue your chain with a heavy even if Push did not hit your target. You can ledge with it but you can’t wallsplat with it. Fast recovery on a miss (like Shove).
    Forceful Push: gb soft-feint from any heavy: 600 ms bash which deals 15 stamina damage and stops stamina regeneration for 2 seconds. Counts as a chain starter and guarantees a light (the second light in your chain) which can only be preformed if Forceful Push hits the enemy. You can also continue your chain with a heavy even if Forceful Push did not hit your target. You can ledge with it and you can wallsplat with it. Wallsplat guarantees the follow-up heavy from any side (top is the max punish). The move has HA and can knock enemies on the ground if they are out of stamina which also guarantees the heavy follow-up. Slower recovery on miss, can be punished with a fast dodge attack or a gb.
    Forward doge + gb will preform a dodge gb (like Raider or Valk)
    Guard brake: gb: guarantees a light (since Sentinel can’t throw out heavies from neutral) or a zone attack.
    Sentinel’s attacks overall have decent range, because he wields a long polearm.

Dodge attacks:
    The dodge attack can only be preformed from a forward dodge, but since you can change your guard mid-dodge as Sentinel the attack can be initiated from any direction not just from the top. Enemies can’t see your guard indicator mid-dodge (if you are dodging), so you can suprise them with dodge attacks

Leaping Thrust: forward dodge + top light: 533 ms attack which deals 10 direct and 5 bleed damage, counts as a chain starter therefore it is enhanced (as stated above), roll catcher, good range and tracking but not undodgeable
    Leaping Poke: forward dodge + side light: 500 ms attack which deals 10 direct damage, counts as a chain starter therefore it is enhanced, roll catcher, good range and tracking but not undodgeable

Deflects:
    Only the forward dodge can deflect attacks. A deflect guarantees your dodge gb or Leaping Thrust/Leaping Poke

Guaranteed Parry Punishes:
    Scorpion Stab: heavy immediately after a parry: a quick unblockable stab which deals 15 direct and 10 bleed damage. This is Sentinel’s standard parry punish on both light and heavy parries, since he can’t throw out heavies from neutral. The enemy has frame advantage after this move.
    Place Maker: gb immediately after a parry: an unlockable spartan kick which sends the enemy flying (like Tiandi). The move deals 15 stamina damage and stops stamina regeneration for 2 seconds. It guarantees no damage, but it is a good tool in team fights and you can ledge with it as well. This move has HA during the whole move.
    These parry punishes are guaranteed, but they are not chain starters.

Zone Attack:
    Stunning Smite: light + heavy together: an unblockable 700 ms strike which deals 15 direct damage and 30 stamina damage. It stops stamina regeneration for 2 seconds. It is feintable and it stuns the enemy. If the enemy is out of stamina Stunning Smite will knock him/her to the ground which guarantees the follow-up attack (see it later). Stunning Smite can be initiated from the right or the left side, if initiated from the top the attack will come out from the previous side stance in which Sentinel was before moving into top stance. This move is not a chain starter, however it can be followed-up with Push. You can also cancel the move’s recovery into a dodge, so if you knock the enemy down you can do a dodge attack (which is a chain starter as I said previously) which will hit the enemy on the floor. This move has a wide hit box.

Sprint attack:
    Storm Thrust: heavy when sprinting: a quick 500 ms stab which deals 7 direct and 5 bleed damage

Gear perks:
    Bastion, Aegis, Remedy; Vengeful Barrier; Bulk up; Fresh Focus; Rising Dawn

Feats:
    Tier 1: Baneful Shout (active: stops the stamina regeneration of the selected target for 8 seconds, cooldown: 30 seconds (after the effect is over)) Conqueror; Speed Revive

Tier 2: Wounded Wolf (passive: if injured – not at max health – receive a 10% damage reduction against direct and block damage) (if healed up to max HP the feat will go into a 10 second cooldown); Inspire; Thick Blood

Tier 3: Against the Wall (passive: if within a capture zone, gain 15 points of permanent Health Shield on a heavy parry and gain 20 points of permanent Health Shield on a light parry, cooldown: 5 seconds to prevent Sentinel from gaining a bunch of shields when doing multiple parries in a row in ganks) Second Wind; Tough as Nails

Tier 4: Safe Heaven (passive: after exiting Revenge you release a wave which provides allies (15 meters from you) with 10% damage reduction against direct and block damage for 10 seconds (does not effect you). Additionally, you heal 15 HP, gain 45% damage reduction against direct and block damage + Push, Forceful Push, Place Maker and Stunning Smite do double stamina damage, the effect is active for 10 seconds, cooldown: 30 seconds after the effect ended), Morale Booster, Self Revive

Damage reduction values from Gear Perks, Feats and Hero Specifics can stack upon each other up to a maximum of 75%.
     1 people found this helpful

Thanks for reading, have a nice day!

If any of you have some reasonable thoughts about my hero idea please feel free to add them below.