Monson74's Avatar Senior Member
    Has anyone seen it? Is it any good? The critics like it but I would like to read your opinions.

Monson74's Avatar Senior Member
    Has anyone seen it? Is it any good? The critics like it but I would like to read your opinions.

It is a realy good movie. 10\10.

Yeah, it's really awesome. Bruno Ganz is really scary, but Goebbels and his wife are even more scary, though in a different way.

There are even some humourous pieces in it

Does anyone know if this movie is available in the US yet? I have downloaded a few of the trailers and am looking forward to seeing it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ForkTailedDevil:
    Does anyone know if this movie is available in the US yet? I have downloaded a few of the trailers and am looking forward to seeing it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is available in theatres.
    see the link for when and where.
    http://www.downfallthefilm.com/playdates.cfm

Thanks for the link looks like I will be seeing it on the 18th.

It's excellent and historical, except for some very minor things (most obsiously Martin Bormanns fate). They have put in Hitler's mouth many MANY quotes from books, interviews etc.

Some of the actors look VERY close to originals... Keitel, Speer, Himmler are almost identical. Hitler is close. Göbbels looks a bit too evil and psycho with those black eyes. Göring was IMO not even close.

They have even staged some photos from the book "Berlin 1945" ... like the scene in which there's a body with Knights Cross laying on street and a Stg44 on his side... they practically walk through the photo.

Can be a bit long and quite boring IF you're not a history buff...

Absolutely awesome movie! A must see!!! Dont wait!

It`s absolutely excellent, a must-see. Plus it`s very objective imho, and as noted, many famous scenes are re-enacted, i.e. the well known last footage of Hitler awarding some young boys in his last days. All characters are excellent imho, maybe with the exception of Goebbels and the general staff - too simplified imho, but maybe goebbels was such a jerk in his private life, too.. the actors Magda Goebbels and Hitler`s characters are just terrific, while Himmler, Speer, and others of the military also make a strong impression. I have seen it in orig. German w. subtitles, Hitler`s strong accent adds a lot to the feeling.

Oh, and Hanna Reitsch is just so cute.

110% + MW 50. Right along Stalingrad and Das Boot, rivalling the latter.