No DVD reader on computer - can I buy PC game for the cable and download a version?

Hi all,

Well, the title says it all haha!
    I want to buy the PC version of Rocksmith to get the cable, but I'd like to know beforehand if it comes with a code to download the game online because I don't have a DVD reader on my computer.

Thanks for the info, cheers!
    Gen

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Yes, you can buy the game as a download from Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...n__Remastered/

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    I think you misread the OP, RCole: The OP wants to buy a physical copy of the game to get the RealTone Cable, and wants to know if it comes with a download code because she (presumably) doesn't have a DVD/CD reader. Your link is for buying the game download, without a cable, which is not what the OP wants.

I think the answer is yes. If you buy the game for PC (with Cable) on Amazon or the llike, it should come with a license key (just make sure to buy the PC version). I'm sure someone who knows for sure will be along shortly.

Edit: It may actually work out cheaper to just buy the Cable (without the game) from the likes of Amazon, and then buy the game from Steam. Which one is cheaper may depend on where in the world you are though.
     1 people found this helpful

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    +1 on ^this^.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Buy the cable on amazon. Get the 2014 edition cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I0701P4..._H-l-FbDGGZRRA

Then buy the game on Steam. Not sure when the next steam sale is. The game goes on sale for $8.

Shy away from buying rocksmith2014 used. Vultures know that the cable is the most valuable part and sell that separately.

(the cable works on PC, Apple, xbox, playstation)

UbiDork's Avatar Community Manager
    Thanks for helping out on this thread, everyone!

I hope this information helped, gtrottier79!
     1 people found this helpful