MrBdur's Avatar Senior Member

Can't believe I'm saying this

The CCU was a good decision overall, but I think the hidden indicators should go.

Stam changes, damage changes, frame advantage/disadvantage. All great changes. These changes all deter light spamming and encourage use of full kits.

The 100ms hidden indicator however is encouraging light spam and is quite counter intuitive to one of the big reasons for the CCU in the first place which is, you guessed it, light spam.

Now, I can parry lights and deter light spam just fine personally. That isn't the problem.

The problem is that because light spam is reliable for like, over half the playerbase, that's where players tend to gravitate towards. Even at high level (GM Ranked Duels FFS) players just spam lights and it WORKS.

Now obviously just mashing light attack in one direction gets you parried ALOT. These guys are smarter than that. They're GMs after all.

The point is that light attacks alone should never be enough to win untouched in high level duels, unless the opponent is just that bad.

Keep all the CCU changes except for the hidden indicators. That's my honest (and controversial, queue the hatred) opinion.
     5 people found this helpful

Damage should be lower for more reads

Personally, I think the damage for attacks, especially lights, is too high for read-based offense to exist at all skill levels. It's true, light spam does work, even at higher rank levels on PC(e.g. Platinum & Diamond) otherwise you wouldn't come across players that have clearly been relying on it. Again, to me, this seems to be a symptom of lights doing too much damage to allow time to make reads. While there are counters to light spam, none of them are consistent, hence the complaints and some of the encounters you have to deal with at higher rank levels.

Lol i cant believe how long it took to admit, but at least it has been

Originally Posted by Rasboy29 Go to original post
    Lol i cant believe how long it took to admit, but at least it has been
    No, you were always claiming the entire CCU should be reverted which is untrue.

Gaser.'s Avatar Senior Member
    I donít really think that we should do that, it would make them pretty easy to parry again.

Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Dawn Go to original post
    Personally, I think the damage for attacks, especially lights, is too high for read-based offense to exist at all skill levels. It's true, light spam does work, even at higher rank levels on PC(e.g. Platinum & Diamond) otherwise you wouldn't come across players that have clearly been relying on it. Again, to me, this seems to be a symptom of lights doing too much damage to allow time to make reads. While there are counters to light spam, none of them are consistent, hence the complaints and some of the encounters you have to deal with at higher rank levels.
    You know what? I'd be happier with light attacks getting more damage reductions instead of reverting hidden indicators.

Like, on PC, at high fps, almost everything is still reactable, even after the CCU. There, the hidden indicators are required.

On Console (next gen) however, light spam still prevails at times just because it's unreactable, for the most part anyways.

I feel like PC for honor should get a 60fps cap to match next gen consoles and also to even the playing field between high end and mid range PC players. If you have a cheapo rig, that's your own issue, but you shouldn't need the most expensive, 240fps boasting rig just to stack up against the best players. Skill and a half decent rig should be all you need. Plus, the game would be far easier to balance if all platforms ran at the same specs.

That being said, PS4 and Xbox One would ultimately fall into the "cheapo rig" pile, as would any 7 year old PC that had received zero upgrades. The 30fps disadvantage is now on you. Get a better rig. 600 bucks for a new console is better than 4000 for a 240fps PC. Lol
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Gaser. Go to original post
    I donít really think that we should do that, it would make them pretty easy to parry again.
    Yeah I forgot how easy it still is for PC players to parry and react at 240fps.

Removing the hidden indicators would not work due to that, unfortunately.

If PC were capped at 60fps then maybe, or if they just further reduce light attack damage, that would work too.

Gaser.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    Yeah I forgot how easy it still is for PC players to parry and react at 240fps.

Removing the hidden indicators would not work due to that, unfortunately.

If PC were capped at 60fps then maybe, or if they just further reduce light attack damage, that would work too.
    Maybe, but as long as thatís not happening they kinda have to stay for the PCs.

Originally Posted by Gaser. Go to original post
    Maybe, but as long as thatís not happening they kinda have to stay for the PCs.
    True, so they should reduce dmg of light attacks.

Originally Posted by MrBdur Go to original post
    You know what? I'd be happier with light attacks getting more damage reductions instead of reverting hidden indicators.

Like, on PC, at high fps, almost everything is still reactable, even after the CCU. There, the hidden indicators are required.

On Console (next gen) however, light spam still prevails at times just because it's unreactable, for the most part anyways.

I feel like PC for honor should get a 60fps cap to match next gen consoles and also to even the playing field between high end and mid range PC players. If you have a cheapo rig, that's your own issue, but you shouldn't need the most expensive, 240fps boasting rig just to stack up against the best players. Skill and a half decent rig should be all you need. Plus, the game would be far easier to balance if all platforms ran at the same specs.

That being said, PS4 and Xbox One would ultimately fall into the "cheapo rig" pile, as would any 7 year old PC that had received zero upgrades. The 30fps disadvantage is now on you. Get a better rig. 600 bucks for a new console is better than 4000 for a 240fps PC. Lol
    Framerate caps should only apply to crossplay and possibly the competitive scene on PC. If you opt-out, then it shouldn't happen since many PC players paid a lot of money to enjoy higher framerates and that's the way PC gaming has always been and should be. Also, unless I missed an update, the are currently no plans for crossplay.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►