View Poll Results: Are you happy with the difficulty of the Janissary's?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they're hard enough

59 64.84%
  • No, they're to hard

21 23.08%
  • No, they're easy

11 12.09%
    Janissary's is what I assume the plural form of the word is. Correct if I am wrong.

Before its release, one of the major concerns about Revelations was the Janissary's. Were they to easy, weak, etc... a lot of this stemmed from the disappoint many people felt in Brotherhood about the Papal Guards.

Now I ain't saying the Janissary's are ridiculously difficult, but I will say they're more challenging than the other guards and far more powerful than the Papal Guards.

So far I have found out:
    -They can kick you to break your guard
    -They can dodge your own kicks
    -They can shoot you with a pistol and it is not blockable
    -They do not die with one pistol shot, but require multiple shots
    -They can end your execution streaks, albeit being damaged in the process
    -They can survive your counters

kalo.yanis's Avatar Member
    The plural form is "janissaries". When you put a noun, ending with a "y", in plural, you convert the y to an ie, unless preceded by another vowel. Apostrophes are reserved mainly for the possessive 's and when you're shortening "is", "are", "do/shall/must/will/have not"... and sometimes for the plural of abbreviations... and some other miscellaneous things.

I liked them. Certain moments had me going "**** these guys..." if they outnumbered me and I ran away. If I had my recruits I'd call them.

The pistol is easy to dodge if you strafe.

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    they seem to provide a pretty good fight, do they appear often in the game?! How often do they use their abilities during the battle?!

I have fed 7 of my apprentices to the Janissaries. They are quite the opponent. Not very difficult to kill, since that's just the reality of a gameplay mechanics of the AC series, but they do take quite a bit of time and patience.

ihal's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally posted by dxsxhxcx:
    they seem to provide a pretty good fight, do they appear often in the game?! How often do they use their abilities during the battle?!
    After Sequence 6, you'll see them in almost every single (yellow-dot) guard group in the game. In other words, "often". As to their abilities, hard to really say but again, often enough. Sometimes, instead of attack you, they'll try to back up and shoot you.

They take over the byzantine guards pretty much after you finish the game.

What im not happy is I can't find a freakin fat santa claus with a feather hat so I can beat him for my platinum :P

Animuses's Avatar Senior Member
    Besides the city of Constantinople, the Janissaries are the best addition in Revelations.

kriegerdesgottes's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah they were done well imo. They are def challenging at times especially when you are in their jannissary camp which is awesome btw and you can take them all on. I really like a couple places in Constantinople and that is one of them. The other one is the upper right hand corner of the map. The Sultan's area that is always red. I like how you can always try to sneak in there without getting caught. I thought that was a good idea.

CRUDFACE's Avatar Senior Member
    They were like one of the series in general shining improvements. So yeah, lol, I was happy with the Janissary

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last ►►