Anno 1800 Origin Version with DLC from Ubisoft Connect

Hi. I recently bought Anno 1800 from Origin. Origin client made me download 34 gb at first and then when I clicked play, it lauched Ubisoft Connect which started downloading another 34 gigs. It was a mess. Then I bought season 1 pass from origin which is still inaccessible to me and Ubisoft support has been saying that they are working on it for more than a week now.
    My question now is if I buy a DLC directly from Ubisoft Connect, will it work with the origin version of the game which I have in Ubisoft Connect? I really dont want to spend more money and end up with nothing ALL OVER AGAIN just to hear the Ubisoft support is sorry and are doing their best to resolve it. Thank you in advance,

If you bought one in origin you have to buy all in origin. It does not work properly as far as i know if u buy half with origin half with ubi. Origin generally is bugged atm and stuff does not get activated properly in ubi connect if bought on origin. If u already bought the game on origin, you are unlucky and will not be able to play the DLCs for months in the worst case even if u buy them. If you didnt already buy Anno on origin, buy everything on ubi connect or maybe steam because there it works. According to Ubi, buying DLCs on origin should work but it seems that its just not working at the moment and buying the game on Origin and the DLCs on Ubi Connect was never intended to work as far as i know(But not 100% sure).
    Thats my quick answer. I hope it helped.
    For 100% definite information, i would suggest writing a support ticket because especially cross client functions are a bit tricky.

maybe some help can be found here?

click me

Originally Posted by chris02918 Go to original post
    If you bought one in origin you have to buy all in origin. It does not work properly as far as i know if u buy half with origin half with ubi. Origin generally is bugged atm and stuff does not get activated properly in ubi connect if bought on origin. If u already bought the game on origin, you are unlucky and will not be able to play the DLCs for months in the worst case even if u buy them. If you didnt already buy Anno on origin, buy everything on ubi connect or maybe steam because there it works. According to Ubi, buying DLCs on origin should work but it seems that its just not working at the moment and buying the game on Origin and the DLCs on Ubi Connect was never intended to work as far as i know(But not 100% sure).
    Thats my quick answer. I hope it helped.
    For 100% definite information, i would suggest writing a support ticket because especially cross client functions are a bit tricky.
    Well I did go to live chat and ask the agent that I have the game from origin and now if I buy the dlcs from ubisoft connect will it work and he said that it will work because the game is activated on ubisoft connect through an activation code so it will behave like any game from ubisoft connect.

Originally Posted by P0PPYTAT Go to original post
    maybe some help can be found here?

click me
    If u go through this thread, most of the messages are mine lol
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by mujeeb2646 Go to original post
    If u go through this thread, most of the messages are mine lol
    haha, i didn't dig that deep.
    hope you sorted it

Originally Posted by P0PPYTAT Go to original post
    haha, i didn't dig that deep.
    hope you sorted it
    No I didnt. Despite multiple pleas and requests, I have been served with the same scripted corporate ******** that we are aware of the issue and are working on it. While in fact this error has been there since AUGUST and they have done NOTHING to resolve this.

AORUS2017's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by mujeeb2646 Go to original post
    No I didnt. Despite multiple pleas and requests, I have been served with the same scripted corporate ******** that we are aware of the issue and are working on it. While in fact this error has been there since AUGUST and they have done NOTHING to resolve this.
    Then why did you buy it from Origin in the first place!, Now you rant about it on here because Ubisoft wouldn't fix it ASAP? Then go back to Origin and rant to them about it, if you bought it from Ubisoft Connect you wouldn't have this problem. So I see the two errors been made here - you & Origin

Originally Posted by AORUS2017 Go to original post
    Then why did you buy it from Origin in the first place!, Now you rant about it on here because Ubisoft wouldn't fix it ASAP? Then go back to Origin and rant to them about it, if you bought it from Ubisoft Connect you wouldn't have this problem. So I see the two errors been made here - you & Origin
    Lol imagine having an extreme pain somewhere very special when you are as oblivious as a monkey in a spaceship. Look buddy whoever you are, I suggest you do not open your mouth and spill nonsense until you know the full picture. When I bought the game from Origin I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS ERROR AND I DID NOT KNOW THAT BUYING THE SEASON 1 PASS FROM ORIGIN WILL NOT WORK. I hope this can fit in your tiny little head. When I did get this error, I started searching about it and found out what I have mentioned. And I would rather you shut up and do not post unless you have something useful.

Ubi-Thorlof's Avatar Anno Community Developer
    While I understand you're upset, we will not tolerate abusive behaviour towards other community members here in the forums. Please mind your language.

Regarding your initial question: We generally recommend buying game and any digital content on the same platform.

If you are having issues with a purchase or activation, please get in touch with with the support of the place you bought it from and/or the Ubisoft Support to investigate the problem.
    We won't be able to assist you with account or store related issues here on the forums.

Cheers,
    Ubi-Thorlof

Originally Posted by Ubi-Thorlof Go to original post
    While I understand you're upset, we will not tolerate abusive behaviour towards other community members here in the forums. Please mind your language.

Regarding your initial question: We generally recommend buying game and any digital content on the same platform.

If you are having issues with a purchase or activation, please get in touch with with the support of the place you bought it from and/or the Ubisoft Support to investigate the problem.
    We won't be able to assist you with account or store related issues here on the forums.

Cheers,
    Ubi-Thorlof
    Thank you for the clarification and understanding my situation. About my language, as you can see from my previous messages is totally appropriate. But when someone comes at me, esp while not knowing the whole picture, behaving childishly and aggressively, I will have to put him at his place. My message was entirely a response which was caused only due to the previous message. That alone is enough to determine who was in the wrong.
    I hope you don't expect me to sit quietly and tolerate if someone is speaking to me that way. Still I tried my best to respond in the most composed manner I possibly could.