MacBook Pro 2019 with Big Sur - Game not recognising Real Tone input

Hi,

I know this seems to be a thing a few people have had issues with, can anyone offer me any advice?

Just got the game, brand new to learning guitar. Getting terribly frustrated trying to get this game working.

My MacBook Pro 2019 has 2 x Thunderbolt connections. I have a Thunderbolt to USB adapter and the MacBook will recognise the Rocksmith Guitar as an option in audio input settings if I plug it in using the adapter. I select the MacBook speakers as output and the Rocksmith USB as the input.

When the game launches it recognises that the realtone cable is plugged in, but when it takes you through the first tutorial it can't find any sound from the guitar in the calibration section.

I uninstalled and re-installed the game. Went into the privacy setting and unchecked rocksmith from input monitoring and microphone. Locked, closed the settings and then opened and re-enabled them again.

Still no luck.

Any ideas?

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    You have to redo the microphone security i think? Disable it then reenable it.

There are 10 threads on this.

Please tell me more! This is so interesting. Can I have my Nigerian price nephew get in touch with you? He has some money he needs moved that I think you could help with. Thanks bunches sweetie!

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton Go to original post
    Please tell me more! This is so interesting. Can I have my Nigerian price nephew get in touch with you? He has some money he needs moved that I think you could help with. Thanks bunches sweetie!
    I almost just accidentally banned you for spam.