🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    randomas's Avatar Senior Member

NAD NUX mighty air

Hey guys, haven't posted in a million years, but like to jump in every now and then.
    I went and bought a new amp, the NUX mighty air. I've been gassing for a desktop practice amp for ages, I wanted wireless, stereo, bluetooth both streaming and controls, and a usb interface, oh yeah models for both guitar and bass. Only options were the katana air and the Yamaha the, but their both stupid expensive.

Enter the NUX at 170 euros it's a steal, has all of the above and more, as well as the easiest phone control app I've ever seen or used. Also thing runs on its internal rechargeable lithium battery and is minute!

What's wrong with it? So far the only issue is that speakers are underpowered for amps, need to turn it down on some settings or it distorts. Oh and it doesn't have a tuner.

Link to a few quick recordings using it as an interface, quick and nasty with audacity only thing I did was normalisation cause I was keeping levels super low so as not to wake the kid up.

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/cfqiZ

Verdict exactly what I wanted l, it's no axe FX, but it gets the job done is quiet and fits in my ruck sack.

Ok remembered that you need to link pictures not post em so here is, yep it's that small!

Love to all

Long live rocksmith and the forums.
     1 people found this helpful

Cool, sounds pretty decent. I've heard of Nux but I've not seen this amp before. When you were describing your requirements I was thinking about the Spark but it's not as small as this one.

randomas's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah Nux is known for stuff like the Cerberus. The Spark I looked at, but it's more expescive even though heavily discounted, is comparatively huge, has no integrated wireless and needs to be pugged in to the mains. I've been playing around with this thing for a few days now and I'm more and more impressed, there's even a 3rd party app that will let you save presets and set tone changes on mp3 backing tracks...