I only play Shugoki so I wont discuss the other changes, the only problem I had was the HA hug was removed, it was a key part of his mix up and the only reason people would dodge roll away, removing it made me play more defensively because I would either get lighted out of it or zoned out of it.
    And thisis just my personal thought but should he get hyper armor from the forward dash heavy? I mean all his heavies have HA even his unlock heavy dash. Thats just me though

thank you for the answer

Warden

I am a Warden main rep 50 and i have been using him since when i first started the game. I haven't been able to use him in the testing grounds but I want to say what I think about the changes in the testing grounds.

-the recovery after the zone attack, i am very happy about it considering it's just one hit attack, and dodgy heroes i.e. TIANDI could take all their time to punish it after a dodge. Although i wish the stamina cost could be reduced a little so we could use it 3 times at least before to run out of stamina.
    - Chainable bash after every hit gives him a larger variety in terms of combos, although not infinite as some peiople might say considering the stamina costs of SB cancel or even HEAVY cancel.
    - UNBLOCKABLE side heavies.... i don't think those are really needed on the 1v1 scenario but i get the poit they might be hitting somebody who is close to the target you are targeting. I don't think they should do 35 damage, i think 30 is reasonable. I would prefer the increase of damage for the CRUSHING COUNTER which warden has on only one direction. In my opinion the damage dealt by the CC should be the damage of a heavy plus the light, so about 40 should be good? considering also the fact that is from just one direction and it cost a hell of stamina that you might even think what is the poit of landing one if it is just for 33 damage, i have never understood this change and i never will... it is not that easy!

on the heavies i would prefer the hyper armor, in that way you could make him more valuable in the ganks, instead of the unblockables.

-I am ok with the SB starting from a back dodge being removed as for the movement cancel into GB for the charged SB llevel 3. but please give him the Hyper armor until the moment of hitting the target! It happens many times that if an opponent throws an attack at the exact moment of getting the hit from the charged SB, the target would get the hit while the warden does not get the guaranteed heavy. In a special case, against the NOBUSHI, she just need to throw 2 light at the right moment and the WARDEN would get bleeding plus the damage of the hits while the NOBUSHI does not even get moved by the shouled bush, as if she was not being even touched at all! it does not make sense.
    SO IF YOU DO THOSE CHANGES PLEASE GIVE HIM HYPER ARMOR UNTILL THE MOMENT OF HITTING THE TARGET.

So far the Warden has always been very balanced without excelling in anything in particular and i undertsand and agree with Ubisoft attempts of making Warden more specialized in something rather then specialized in nothing, it would be appreciated by myself and also other warden main I imagine, if you could consider the things written above. Thank you!

Peacekeeper Changes Rw.2

Peacekeeper Changes Rw.2
    WARDEN: I LOVE HIS REWORK BUT MAKE SURE TO NERF HIS UNBLOCKABLE HEAVY FINISHERS THEY TOO MUCH DAMAGE AND ALSO CAN YOU MAKE HIS UNBLOCKABLE SIDE HEAVYS DODGEABLE I CAN'T SEEM TO DODGE THEM. I LOVE HIS NEW BASH AND HIS ZONE.

PK: I love Her Rework She needed the 5+ damage too she can finally kill now. I like her zone and I love now she has a unlockable. I DONT LIKE THE R2 BUTTON AS A DELFECT CHANGE IT BACK PLEASE. The only thing I dislike is the fact that she still doesn't have frame advantage on her Dagger Cancel. I think she should start off doing a light attack again I highly recommend it. ALSO CAN YOU MAKE HER STUN OPPONENTS WITH Her Deflect. JUST LIKE OROCHI AND GLADIER. ITS NOT FAIR IM STILL GETTING HIT BY PEOPLE WHO HAVE HYPER ARMOR AFTER I DEFLECT THEM.

Nobushi: I think she needs to be a little slower she's a hybrid not a assassin. MAKE HER KICKS FASTER. Also I love everything else She needed this rework HER PICK RATE WAS NOT REALLY HIGH.

Shugoki: Thank you I really love that he got a nerf of his hyper armor I don't have to run away anymore or play defense. ALSO I LOVE HOW YOU GUYS GAVE HIM A SIDE ATTACK AND CAN CATCH ROLLERS REALLY SMART. GREAT JOB.

OVERALL: I LOVE THE CHANGES AND I THINK THE NEXT CHANGES SHOULD BE BUFFING CHARCTERS LIKE NUXIA AND SHINOBI. Also Nerfing characters like Kenshi, Highlander, and maybe berserker.

I HOPE PLAYERS WITH HYPER ARMOR GETS A NERF. But this is your set of rules in the game and this is my opinion. BUT PLEASE I RECOMMEND AT LEAST SOME OR ONE OF MY IDEAS

HAVE A GREAT DAY AND HOPE TO SEE GOOD CHANGES IN FOR HONOR OF 2021 AND MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR SEE YA 2021.
    Last edited

I think all classes with a reflex guard should be able to cancel their deflect attacks with a dodge to go into another deflect so they can be better when outnumbered especially Shaolin. It should atleast be tested in the test grounds.

What ever happened to last test grounds content with Nobu will it be applied or scrapped? I'd like to see all the recent test grounds reworks applied they were a great step forwards.

Originally Posted by I4mTheUnderGod Go to original post
    I think all classes with a reflex guard should be able to cancel their deflect attacks with a dodge to go into another deflect so they can be better when outnumbered especially Shaolin. It should atleast be tested in the test grounds.

What ever happened to last test grounds content with Nobu will it be applied or scrapped?
    Well, every reflex guard character can just endlessly deflect any attacks in quick succession if they don't input the actual attack. Besides, every deflect attack is pretty quick and are unblockable in some fashion, except for Nuxia's.

The deflect animation has very, very little recovery, so you can actually parry attacks right after your deflect. Shaolin's deflect is actually pretty cool how it is because if you deflect, it can be delayed up to like 300ms if you don't move your guard. If you do move your guard, you'll be able to parry any followup attacks.

This is an old video of Flux Deluxe, who doesn't play any more, but go to 2:34 of this video where he's fighting a Valkyrie. He deflects an attack but is able to then parry a followup light attack right after that. He does the same thing again 20 seconds later, then again against a Berserker at 4:18.

https://youtu.be/EhxueorL6mQ

Originally Posted by MCBooma16 Go to original post
    Well, every reflex guard character can just endlessly deflect any attacks in quick succession if they don't input the actual attack. Besides, every deflect attack is pretty quick and are unblockable in some fashion, except for Nuxia's.

The deflect animation has very, very little recovery, so you can actually parry attacks right after your deflect. Shaolin's deflect is actually pretty cool how it is because if you deflect, it can be delayed up to like 300ms if you don't move your guard. If you do move your guard, you'll be able to parry any followup attacks.

This is an old video of Flux Deluxe, who doesn't play any more, but go to 2:34 of this video where he's fighting a Valkyrie. He deflects an attack but is able to then parry a followup light attack right after that. He does the same thing again 20 seconds later, then again against a Berserker at 4:18.

https://youtu.be/EhxueorL6mQ
    I know that it can be endles without an attack put in i just think the repeat of rapid succesion with out being able to do the attack is a lil boring after a while the other option would be to do a parry after the deflect and do a parry punish into combo or zone or whatever then repeat but i would like to be able to mix up the combo starters for video purposes and doing these while outnumbered are a unique situation... Would be cool to just dodge outta it cuz most times the reaction time your left with after a hard fient just isnt enuff to react and get another deflect in 4 v 1 situation's. Most likly being CCed/GBed in mid dodge and then ganked every once in a while you get 4 ppl u can do it against cuz theyre honorable or whatever....or maybe every one with a deflect should get a zone option out of a deflect this would work better i dont see how it could go wrong seeing how some already have deflect into GB.

Thats a Good vid.

I know that it can be endles without an attack put in i just think the repeat of rapid succesion with out being able to do the attack is a lil boring after a while the other option would be to do a parry after the deflect and do a parry punish into combo or zone or whatever then repeat but i would like to be able to mix up the combo starters for video purposes and doing these while outnumbered are a unique situation... Would be cool to just dodge outta it cuz most times the reaction time your left with after a hard fient just isnt enuff to react and get another deflect in 4 v 1 situation's. Most likly being CCed/GBed in mid dodge and then ganked every once in a while you get 4 ppl u can do it against cuz theyre honorable or whatever....or maybe every one with a deflect should get a zone option out of a deflect this would work better i dont see how it could go wrong seeing how some already have deflect into GB.

Thats a Good vid.
    Well, if you're worried about having more options it's really unnecessary if you just parry. Parrying one attack in a gank will parry all others that come right after it automatically. Parrying is your safest and strongest option, and you're not supposed to deflect your way out of everything. Shaolin kinda can because his hitbox on his deflect heavy is wide and he has some HA, but he can still be traded with and his deflect damage is still the lowest in the game.

You won't always get the chance to do anything super fancy in a 1v4 or anything. You can still be hit out of dodges if you lack the I-frames, and as soon as your deflect ends you're going to have to parry or block, because you can't endlessly dodge since there's recovery after dodges, too. Shinobi has double dodge abilities and is actually capable of doing pretty close to what you're describing; He can dodge and then dodge again quickly after that and still get a deflect. His deflect teleports him behind the opponent and kinda creates distance.

Other character's with dodge-cancels are able to cancel their heavies with dodges and still get deflects. Pk, Berserker on whiffed attacks, Shinobi, Orochi, and even some hybrids like Nobushi and Zhanhu for canceling their recoveries after lights and heavies.

I'm not really sure what you're asking for, because during the deflect frames you're safe from any attack except for bashes or unblockables.

Zhanhu's deflect-bash doesn't guarentee anything, so he can feint his heavies and do other things afterward like what you describe.

If you're still worried about reacting, don't be. You won't be able to react to everything, especially on console. You'll have to make a read and capitalize on it if you expect your opponent to do something. If you think your opponent is going to try and CC you after you hard feint then parry it.

You're not always going to "have time" to do anything. People are attacking you at different times and angles, and deflecting can sometimes put you in a bad spot and leave you vulnerable to getting hit. That's why you simply parry.

Even a parry has an animation you have to go threw making them unique in 4 v 1 situations. Leaving a dodge cancel for deflect punishes the more versitile option if added for 4v1 Ganks cuz CC's. Id rather dodge all GB seeing how your ready to dodge punches bashes then messing up my flow with trying to counter a GB when expecting bashes anyways. Zhanhu does not have soft fients from dodgeds any more that i know of I dont know if it ever was a thing i think more of a bunch of ppl hoping it would happen is what it was till it became a joke saying he did have them.

Even a parry has an animation you have to go threw making them unique in 4 v 1 situations. Leaving a dodge cancel the more versitile option if added.
    You can't just give everyone a dodge cancel. There have to be certain rules in order to actually hit people and take advantage of vulnerabilities. If we give everyone better dodge abilities it will make it hard to hit anyone. Tiandi and JJ can be hard enough to hit with their I-frames, so imagine not being able to save your team mate after he gets parried by bashing the opponent who parried him.

You don't even deflect, feint or parry, so why are you bringing up topics more advanced to you in the first place?

Besides, this is the Testing Grounds megathread. Stay on topic from now on, this isn't the thread to discuss new ideas.