Worked 100%

After sending the ball down the ramp, jump in front of the next air vent pointing up, hold L1/LB and grab it on its way down. once you grab it, turn, back up and push it forward dead center and it should work. Took me 2 tries but I got it after struggling for an hour earlier

UbiKobold's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thank you SmoothStylz for providing this information to the community! I am very sorry for any difficulties that this has caused you, or others. If anyone else experiences this and is unable to proceed with the workarounds above, please let me know!

With version 1.0.4, the prolem is still present, even after several enters and exits. The very large majority of the times, the ball can not reach the platform.
    Any way, after lot of attempts, the ball finally reached the platform, and I could finish the Lair.

Why

Stuff like this just sucks the fun out of the game. Not so much creative just annoying
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey folks,

Sorry to hear you have been having trouble with this vault.

I have passed the feedback onto the dev team and they are investigating!

I am also having this issue and as a fairly casual player I just don't have the skills to do the jumps fast enough to catch the ball when it falls so quickly. Believe me I have tried... but now with holidays over I won't have as much time to play and don't really want to spend that time endlessly trying to do this one bit again and again so really hoping for a patch to fix it.

I'm also having this problem on a Switch (1.0.4). The boulder lands on the platform roughly 1 out of 40 tries. Most of the time it just drops between the fan and the platform and sometimes it just barely taps the left edge of the platform.

I have tried catching the boulder mid-air. But It requires some very precise timing and dashing to reach the boulder in time to get a lock on it. And even then it usually already has gained to much downward momentum in order to be pulled back up.

Ubi-Ginge's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi Escwire & avambara!
    This is currently under investigation by the game dev team

Still buged in v1.1.0 on PC

If anything the physics are now worse in v1.1.0. The ball no longer even bounces off the platform. Once it is clear of the air jet it falls almost vertically and misses the platform completely. I have sent something like three hours of gameplay trying to complete this. It is not fun!
     1 people found this helpful

Still having this problem on Switch.