Ai teammates

Do something about the teammates. They are terrible, the do absolutely nothing to help. Since the came to the game they have only been in the way of everything they are almost useless. PLEASE FIX.

Ubi-Houck's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Hi John_oder!

Thank you for reaching out with your feedback on the AI teammates.

I have moved your thread to our Feedback section of the forums.

Please do include more information on what you think should be improved.

Thanks!
     1 people found this helpful

live_Sig's Avatar Junior Member
    I liked the jokes that were in "wildlands". They seemed more alive. Maybe add more dialogs to your teammates? p.s. This is in addition to correcting their behavior in the game.

Keltimus's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by live_Sig Go to original post
    I liked the jokes that were in "wildlands". They seemed more alive. Maybe add more dialogs to your teammates? p.s. This is in addition to correcting their behavior in the game.
    Yeah, one thing that's missed is the dialog and personality.

I hope AI teammates will be one of the main focuses in the next Ghost Recon. Not just with dialog and companionship (even doing fist bumps and flicking off each other), but also bringing back the feeling of being a true Ghost leader of an elite squad from the early days of Ghost Recon and SOCOM. A bigger variety in the list of commands as well as the AI team having more professional maneuvers and capabilities like door stacking, checking corners, and even cqc knife kills..

Something new I would like to see is AI teammates that can drive and an AI Teammate that is basically your GPS guide who gives directions to your set waypoints on your map. His or her dialog would periodically go something like "we need to move northwest to get to the destination," or if the AI teammate is riding shotgun, "make a left turn at the road ahead." This same teammate can be requested to take point and his or her position in the formation will always be slightly further from the formation and in the direction toward your waypoint. If ordered to drive, you just ride shotgun and dispatch any threats along the way. Another teammate could play the role of your radio operator. You order that ghost to call in air strikes, helicopter evac, and helicopter air support (all requiring NPC pilots).

One more thing I would like to see in AI teammates, allowing the player to not only customize them, but also choose equip and unequip primary and secondary weapons as well as pack the teammate with consumables like C4, extra magazines, frags, smoke screens, flares, etc. Not only this, but allowing players to access their teammate's packs when the player's quantiles are low.

These past GR titles have been degrading instead of improving AI teammates and it has become such a disappointment. Especially from AAA studios.

FCacGRdvWD's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by John_oder Go to original post
    Do something about the teammates. They are terrible, the do absolutely nothing to help. Since the came to the game they have only been in the way of everything they are almost useless. PLEASE FIX.
    Yeah, my advise? for whatever is worth... don't wait for that to happen. EVER!.

Lets be realistic, Wildland made good money for them and the AI was never fixed, do you honestly think they are going to waste time fixing something that will not make them easy money, like say, a half assed cosmetic of some sort? or a patch? because lets be honest, patches is what everyone has been waiting for all this time, w/o them, there is no immersion in the game. But hey, keep the faith amigo.

For example: Nomad can point to the door, choose a breach formation from the command wheel. For instance, One AI team mate hologram would appear on the left side of the door, and two AI team mate holograms would appear on the right side of the door, showing where your AI team mates would position themselves. Nomad can get into position, and give an order to breach the door by the player using the same command button on the controller or keyboard. Nomad and the AI team mates can breach into the room using a shotgun, or charge, etc. Once in the room, Nomad and the AI can use clearing tactics (checking corners, etc) . Also, having a rebel AI pilot a helicopter and position it 25 ft above the ground, while Nomad and the AI team mates slide down their ropes would be pretty awesome as well.