🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Keeps randomly freezing

Also want to report that my digital copy of Far Cry 5 freezes too.

When it first happened don't quite remember, but was when I was nearly done with John's region. Was free roaming. Second was while I was flying in a plane, wanna say while I was fighting John. It's froze multiple times after that, be it while I'm in the store, free roaming, in a vehicle, loading screen doesn't matter.

In all honesty, please just make a dedicated PS5 version. For whatever reason, FC5 seems to have compatibility issues with PS5. I put most of the blame on Sony as they really seem to hate backwards compatibility, but I really feel that's the root of what's happening here.

A dedicated PS5 version could also take advantage of the adaptive triggers with things like guns going semi or full automatic, bows and melee charge attacks. It's anything but a waste of time and resources.

Also wanted to mention that I'm running it off of an external SDD. First few crashes where when it was on the internal SSD, but they continued to persists after transferring to an external. Also make sure that tests are done with the PS5 running on and offline.

Might be a combination of poor backwards compatibility and connection issues.

Freezing

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mercury Go to original post
    Hey guest-QbTA2QCf, I'm sorry to hear you've experienced these frequent freezes in-game, and completely understand the frustration it's caused. Could you please clarify if these freezes are occurring randomly, or if they occur after a specific point?
    Thank you for the reply

As with others i have read in this and other threads it is completely random. Playing along and audio keeps going but just the video freezes and i have to get out and reset the PS5

It is a digital copy
    It was on my ext hard drive but i moved it over to the main PS5 hard drive and still same result

I have cleared 2 of the 3 regions now except for Faith which i am about 30% through and still freezing randomly
    Sony has now said the ps5 is fine which i had thought as i have played about 5-6 other PS4 games on the 5 and have had no issues with those games

I do love the Far Cry series so i hope there is some sort of resolve or patch to this soon

Thanks

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi HaruKosaki & guest-QbTA2QCf,

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with Far Cry 5 on the PS5.

Thanks for the information you have provided, the development team are still investigating the issue.

Just to confirm did you start a new game on PS5 or did you load an older save if you previously played the game on PS4?

Originally Posted by Ubi-Keo Go to original post

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing issues with Far Cry 5 on the PS5.

Thanks for the information you have provided, the development team are still investigating the issue.

Just to confirm did you start a new game on PS5 or did you load an older save if you previously played the game on PS4?
    Started a new game on the PS5, never played on the PS4.

UbiSushiVamp's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks so much for the information! I appreciate your patience as our teams investigate this issue.

Been able to play with minimal freezing!

For the last 3 days, only had one crash. The single crash happened 30min into the game, but me and my sister were able to play for a good 3 hours. For what it's worth, we just have Faith left.

Far Cry 5 is such an amazing game and I don't even like Open World games! Hope the Ubi team can get this solved soon

Originally Posted by Ubi-Keo Go to original post

I started a new game on the PS5 as well

Ubi-Gizmo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for the further information guys, it is greatly appreciated, and I will forward it to our team to help with their investigation. If anyone else has more information regarding when these crashes seem to be occurring for them the most, please feel free to post it for us!

Page 9 of 9 ◄◄  First ... 789