Happen to me also

Hey all:

I have Far Cry 5 installed on my external SSD and it happens to me also. You can reset and it goes well again but it will happen again. However it is completely random. Got to say that now I installed the Hours of Darkness DLC and its getting more frequent. In my case I do get a error message and a report it right away.

Ubisoft pls take care of this. And pls Far Cry 6 try and launch it without these crashes!

Btw I have a PS5

Just came to say, I did all the steps, including the rebuild, but the problem persists. Installed on PS5 SSD drive and digital version, with plenty of room around the console.

I just downloaded far cry 5 on the ps5 and it has been crashing ot has happened 2 times now

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello sawman94, welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing.

Can you please confirm if you downloaded your game to the SSD or any external drive? Additionally, can you please provide us with the error code, so we can have a look?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

This issue has happened with me, too. I don't get any error code; the game simply freezes and refuses to respond. The game is installed to my PS5 SSD when this occurs.

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello there Jericho_Pryce! Welcome to the forums

I'm sorry to hear you're encountering freezing in-game. Thanks for letting us know that the game is installed to your PS5 SSD.

Just to confirm, have you been able to try these console troubleshooting steps to see if this helps to resolve the freezing?

If the issue persists, can you let us know the following:
    - Do you have a disc or digital version of the game that you are using on your PS5?
    - Do the freezes happen at certain points, or after carrying out certain actions (such as fast travel or during combat)?
    - Does the console have adequate air ventilation?

Thanks!

I can't believe this is still an issue Ubisoft, omg!

I have the same issues, done the troubleshooting stuff but the PS5 is not at fault here, it's your game not being compatible. Please address this

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello there MyzkoMK! Welcome to the forums

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering freezing and crashes when playing Far Cry 5 on PS5. Thanks for letting us know that you've tried the troubleshooting steps already. Could you let us know which Game Preset mode you play in (performance/quality/default)? Have you tried changing this setting to see if that helps to resolve the issue?

Additionally, can you provide us with the following information:
    - Do you have a disc or digital version of the game that you are using on your PS5?
    - Do the freezes happen at certain points, or after carrying out certain actions (such as fast travel or during combat)
    - Is the game installed on the internal SSD or are you using an external HDD?
    - Does the console have adequate air ventilation?

Thanks!