🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Watch dogs legion series x autosave problem

I put over 6 hours in to Watch Dogs Legion and lost around 5 hours of progress because of the autosave.
    What were you thinking not putting a manual save option in to the game?

I've really enjoyed what i've played so far but the thought of having to play the game and losing more
    progress is seriously putting me off playing it again.

I really liked the first 2 Watch Dogs games and not having a main character was putting me off a little before i bought Legion.
    After playing the game though i really like the idea of choosing who i want to play with. It really suits the game. Good work

BUT! PLEASE RELEASE A MANUAL SAVE OPTION LIKE YOU HAVE FOR THE PC VERSION.

And Ubisoft, make sure you add a manual save option to the Fenyx game as well before you release that.

Playing offline worked for me! Make sure your xbox is offline before you boot the game and going to the main menu from the pause menu acts as a "manual" save from my experience.

This is good to know! Makes me wonder if the error message of not being able to connect to Ubisoft servers is a large part of the auto-save bug.

Wrong section.
    Head to https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisp...box-Series-X-S for Series X|S issues, this section is for Xbox One consoles.

UbiKoreanBBQ's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey MOL-ski! I'm terribly sorry to hear you lost so much progress. I can certainly pass on your feedback for a manual save, but I'd like to know more about what happened with your save. Did your game crash? Can you explain what happened that led you to see the auto-save only saved at a particular place?

jonch11: Thanks for sharing this workaround!

MrRedFloyd: No worries, I moved the thread to the right place.

Originally Posted by UbiKoreanBBQ Go to original post
    Hey MOL-ski! I'm terribly sorry to hear you lost so much progress. I can certainly pass on your feedback for a manual save, but I'd like to know more about what happened with your save. Did your game crash? Can you explain what happened that led you to see the auto-save only saved at a particular place?
    At this point, these ignorant Ubisoft responses are just insulting to the hundreds of Series X|S players who have been patiently waiting for this problem to be fixed for the last 3 weeks.
     3 people found this helpful

Uh.. did you read the 700 posts in this thread?

Your reply doesn't really sound like Ubisoft is actually working on this... please refund my game. I have been patient for 3 weeks but this is ridiculous.
     2 people found this helpful

sorry .... but on which planet do you live?
    But did you realize you made a lot of money spend on a game that is ****?
    The autosave doesn't work on Series X, in my case after playing all day, much to my surprise on the next restart, the game restarted from ZERO ... as if I had never played so I wonder, but i your colleagues who should worry about solving these problems, what the **** are they doing?
     3 people found this helpful

Hey MOL-ski! I'm terribly sorry to hear you lost so much progress. I can certainly pass on your feedback for a manual save, but I'd like to know more about what happened with your save. Did your game crash? Can you explain what happened that led you to see the auto-save only saved at a particular place

Hey @UbiKoreanBBQ, I'm not B]MOL-ski[/B], however I've had this exact same issue. I can explain exactly what has happened, however I do suggest supplementing any responses you receive with reading this thread. It's 71 pages of people on XSX and XSS experiencing this bug: https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2292597-Progress-not-saving/page71

Here's what's happened for me twice now.
    - I'll be playing for an extended period of time, let's say a few hours, and whenever I go to the main menu (not the start menu, mind you) I'll notice that there is a message that the game is not connecting to Ubisoft services.
    - If I try to quit the game, despite doing things that otherwise auto-save the game, such as fast traveling or swapping operatives, the game will freeze on the main menu.
    - No matter how long I wait (I've waited up to an hour), I have to hard reset my XSX as it freezes my console.
    - Whenever I log back into my game, it has wiped hours of progress.

My guess is that whenever the game stops connecting to Ubisoft services is when it stops auto-saving. This could be easily/partially fixed with a manual save option.

I've not been able to play the game in some time now and I would really love to. It's been a very fun experience, except for when I lose significant progress. I know that the devs are working on a fix, but I'd love better and more open communication about the problem, as well as an ETA as it's been three weeks post-launch.

All Ubisoft has to do to see the problem for themselves is fire up a series x and start the game. The issue repeats itself 100% of times. All their PR responses in the forums are meant to buy them time. No need to waste our own time, trying to explain it to them.