arcticgamez's Avatar Senior Member

mic volume keeps getting reset to 50% on the crew only

for some dumb reason only TheCrew keeps lowering my mic volume down to 50% each time i start up the game and this has been going on for months i think it started when WR came out not sure but i do remember that this never happened before WR came out

even with uplay voice chat disabled it still keeps lowering my damn mic volume and its starting to annoy the crap out of me when im talking to others on VoIP
    doesn't matter if i have these 2 boxes checked out unchecked TheCrew will always lower my damn mic volume.

Kosevich's Avatar Member
    So on screenshot you have 100% volume. What the problem? Or you want 200% volume always?

Originally Posted by Kosevich Go to original post
    So on screenshot you have 100% volume. What the problem? Or you want 200% volume always?
    no its my systems mic volume that keeps getting reset to 50% when i boot up the crew only and i have to manually set my mics vol back to 100% every time i play the crew when i talk to my friends on discord

MindaugasXLTU's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by arcticgamez Go to original post
    no its my systems mic volume that keeps getting reset to 50% when i boot up the crew only and i have to manually set my mics vol back to 100% every time i play the crew when i talk to my friends on discord
    This is old bug. I can suggest workaround which I use: I set system microphone to 50% and then make +30 dB boost, so it works as I prefer.

UbiVolfbane's Avatar Community Manager
    Also, are there any other programs running? Like discord, skype, etc?

Originally Posted by UbiVolfbane Go to original post
    Also, are there any other programs running? Like discord, skype, etc?
    i have discord running but i just did a test with discord closed and it still lowers my system mic volume down to 50%

UbiVolfbane's Avatar Community Manager
    I see. Thank you for the update. I've known Discord to automatically adjust volumes too.Maybe try checking any audio device settings (If you are using headphones). I don't have any more suggestions aside from contacting the Support team at this time.They may be able to assist tracking down the issue.

Not 100% sure if this applies here but might be worth checking.

Try right-click on your Volume symbol in the system tray, select "Recording devices" and the "Communications" tab. Click "Do nothing" and ok.

1 people found this helpful

This DOES NOT FIX IT! I can't play this piece of garbage game because of this! I listen to my OWN music instead of the game's crappy in-game music. NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT KEEPS LOWERING THE VOLUME OF MY PC!!!

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Brandomanmods Go to original post
    This DOES NOT FIX IT! I can't play this piece of garbage game because of this! I listen to my OWN music instead of the game's crappy in-game music. NO MATTER WHAT I DO IT KEEPS LOWERING THE VOLUME OF MY PC!!!
    Hello Brandomanmods,

Welcome to the Forums.

Sorry to hear you're having this issue, however please try to avoid necro-ing old threads.

Particularly as previous steps can no longer be applicable.

Can you please provide some further detail into your issue?

Such as what you're playing music through?