Day 50 of my case, 30 days after I got a very generic response from Ubi's support team. 6 days since my case was closed and I reopened it again. Still no resolution in sight.

For all those who are reading, please know that Ubisoft sold me the stand-alone expansion for Heroes VI, Shades of Darkness, in a broken state, and it cannot be unlocked, even though I "successfully activated" the product as per their broken platform.
    I am not eligible for a refund either.

Small, albeit irrelevant update: I managed to get a hold of their live chat today. While I perfectly understand Customer Support is often outsourced to departments and people who cannot provide a very details support, the responses I got from their agent are literally what I kindly asked them to not provide. See here.

As a side-note, I absolutely love it that no Ubi mod on this forum has even dared to respond to this thread. Says volumes about the company's ethics and policies in place.

Day 56 of my case, 36 days after I got a very generic response from Ubi's support team. 12 days since my case was closed and I reopened it again. Still no resolution in sight.

For all those who are reading, please know that Ubisoft sold me the stand-alone expansion for Heroes VI, Shades of Darkness, in a broken state, and it cannot be unlocked, even though I "successfully activated" the product as per their broken platform.
    I am not eligible for a refund either.

Small, albeit irrelevant update: I managed to get a hold of their live chat 6 days ago. While I perfectly understand Customer Support is often outsourced to departments and people who cannot provide a very details support, the responses I got from their agent are literally what I kindly asked them to not provide. See here.

As a side-note, I absolutely love it that no Ubi mod on this forum has even dared to respond to this thread. Speaks volumes about the company's ethics and policies in place.
     1 people found this helpful

Day 57 of my case, 37 days after I got a very generic response from Ubi's support team. 13 days since my case was closed and I reopened it again.

My ticket received a new response from one of Ubisoft's agents. I was basically provided with another key for Shades of Darkness and was finally able to unlock the game. I appreciate the fact I am now able to access the content I paid for. However, the fact I had to wait for 2 months for a solution as simple as providing a working key leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
    I was very much looking forward to getting Immortals: Fenyx Rising from the day it was announced and keep supporting Ubisoft, but after this very disappointing experience, my decision will need to be postponed.

This thread can finally be locked. Thank you.

Also got a new key last week in response to a case I raised on Dec 21.
    Shades of Darkness is finally active !

Ubi-Borealis's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello there everyone.

I apologise for the delayed response. Nightwalker_mkd - I apologise that you had this experience. I appreciate that you wished to provide updates for your experience, but please note that bumping threads goes against the forum rules. Please refrain from doing this in the future.

The development team have been made aware of this issue, and they have been investigating the matter further. I'm glad to hear that you have now been provided with a new key and can access the content now.

If any other players are encountering this issue, I would recommend opening a support ticket so our team can take a closer look for you. You can reach our support teams here:
    - Open a Support case
    - Start a Live chat (Please check your regional opening times!)
    - Twitter and Facebook

As requested by Nightwalker_mkd, I will now be closing this thread. Thank you!