massive stutters since current manhunt

I am running DX11 and had no stutters before. With the current manhunt, I get massive stutters. The FPS would drop really low for a few seconds. I had 2 of these stutters today not even in battle. Did something break? DX12 would crash to desktop, so I don't use that.

I tried DX12 again, and it does not stutter or crash to desktop with my limited test. They finally fixed the crash to desktop bug with DX12?

i have some random weird stutter as well , dont remember having any before and it happened recently as well.

In my second test, I played more than hour, and using DX12, there is no stutter or crash to desktop. I assume DX11 stutters still occur as I will not use that anymore.

I have the exact same problem! No matter if DX11 or DX12 is used. There are random 1-3 seconds framedrops since a couple of days every half hour or so. Mostly on missions. I played for over 250 hours without any hickups. It's really distracting when the framedrops happen.

I am having the same issues as well, even though my in game benchmark and firestrike scores have posted my highest scores yet for this machine. I thought it might have been my system, but seeing I have gained 12 more fps on the in game benchmark and a new high score since my last benchmarks, I am now certain it has to do with their latest update and not the new AMD drivers they have released. It never stuttered like this before, but who knows if they will acknowledge it.

The recent stutters in the game have been talked about in a few threads over the past 2-3 weeks but no official acknowledgement from Ubisoft yet...

Crap! DX12 crashes but has no stutter. I am using Windows 10 20H2.

Maybe we should start opening support tickets, because these stutters are also in the PTS. That means we'll have them in TU12, if they don't find out what's causing them and fix the problem.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Redbeard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience with this.

The team are still looking into this issue.

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Finally they respond because i'm getting tired never had this problem till now?

Mine has this problem too, I'm walking and gives a big drop of fps and then back to normal.

Ubi-Redbeard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for the updates, folks.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
     1 people found this helpful

Gloomseeker's Avatar Member
    I was going to take advantage of the current sale to grab the DLC and get back into the game but I'm experiencing some really awkward stuttering. I've reinstalled the game today and I've cleared the shaders as well. The benchmark is running fine but regardless of the settings, DX11 or DX12, with or without the overlay I'm having this problem and it really hurts the gameplay.

Originally Posted by Gloomseeker Go to original post
    I was going to take advantage of the current sale to grab the DLC and get back into the game but I'm experiencing some really awkward stuttering. I've reinstalled the game today and I've cleared the shaders as well. The benchmark is running fine but regardless of the settings, DX11 or DX12, with or without the overlay I'm having this problem and it really hurts the gameplay.
    Especially in the heat of battle where you have to make that split second decision and then it stutters.

Originally Posted by Ziggy991 Go to original post
    i have some random weird stutter as well , dont remember having any before and it happened recently as well.
    same here

Gloomseeker's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by S-T-A-L-K-E-R_ Go to original post
    Especially in the heat of battle where you have to make that split second decision and then it stutters.
    Indeed, that is particularly awkward.

Considering that the game is almost unplayable I guess the only option is to go back to the Division 1.

Originally Posted by Gloomseeker Go to original post
    Indeed, that is particularly awkward.

Considering that the game is almost unplayable I guess the only option is to go back to the Division 1.
    Yep that's what i'm doing now xD

Yes I'm getting a lag spike every so often now. Happens randomly and with no pattern. The game runs at a steady frame-rate then all of a sudden, the FPS drop by 30 or so for a second and then return to normal, creating a very noticeable lag.

Of important note, I recently upgraded my GPU from a GTX 1080TI to an RTX 3090. I also have installed the newest Nvidia driver (457.51) and also have the latest Windows 10 build (20H2).

I do not know whether this is a bug of the new Ampere card and Nvidia Drivers. I know that Call Of Duty has issues with frame drops, so maybe it is a similar issue here.

Hopefully whatever is causing this problem, it can be fixed soon. Thanks

Still stutters even after TU12.

There is still stutters after TU12 with DX11. I tested DX12 with "enable reduced latency to off" for 2 hours, and it seems there is no stutter, crash, or quit freeze. Finally DX12 works flawlessly?