Crash on Launch

Hey there, I am wondering if anyone has recently experienced a continued crashing error with Anno 1800 upon Launch. Each time I have attempted to boot up the game, my computer immediately crashes and won't load or start the game.I am dumped either back on the Ubisoft Connect/UPlay page or the Epic Games Launcher with a dialogue box saying "Oh no! It appears Anno 1800 has crashed. Please submit a crash report and we will figure out whats going on."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling to see if it's an error with the game installation itself and I continue to get the same thing.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
     2 people found this helpful

Yes. That is why I came here today to see if anyone had this issue and might know something. I wanted to try here before contacting support.

I have the most recent update but really no other data to mentioned that I altered. She runs on DX 11 which she always has. In fact I use another program called WeMod that I star first and it opens Anno for me. But not even skipping WeMod and doing it directly works.

Any idea?

Also got such issue, started today, before all worked fine.

I also encountered this problem yesterday. How to solve it?

top of this forum...sticky

try this

DirectX fix

Originally Posted by P0PPYTAT Go to original post
    top of this forum...sticky

try this

DirectX fix
    As for me, I read that before I posted. I checked and was running DIrectX11 not 12. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks...

there are lots of posts about crashing and freezing, most of them are resolved by fixing the DirectX...after that, if still not fixed, probably a good idea to send in a support ticket, or keep searching until you find something which is on the same lines as your problem.

for me, i switched to DirectX 11 early on and changed my auto save to every 10 mins (keep up with deleting previous saved games, the folder accumulates many unneeded GBs), after reading here that DirectX crashes are quite 'frequent' and have been waiting on a fix since the game was released. i was still crashing, but not so much...then i found a post about virtual memory, so i increased my virtual memory by a couple of thousand (info on how to do this can be found via google and 'increase virtual memory' i'd use the microsoft page.) (remember what you did in case it doesn't work)

freezes were mostly caused by being impatient and clicking again after i had already clicked to change region or open an expedition...this was freezing the game...it is a deep thinker and needs time to process what it was just told to do...so click once and step away from the mouse. (this has helped with freeze --> crash.)
    i still have crashes and freeze ups...and recently have had the 48 hour logged in notification twice now...which i consider a victory and am not so pi$$y with crashes anymore...it became just another Anno-ying quirk to get used to...or stop playing all together, and well...for me, that isn't an option
    wish you success in fixing your crashes.

Unfortunately, neither the Council did not solve the problem. The game doesn't load.

Originally Posted by sdgmaster Go to original post
    Unfortunately, neither the Council did not solve the problem. The game doesn't load.
    then a support ticket is needed

Ubi-Viral's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by sdgmaster Go to original post
    You can contact us via a private message on our social media channels here:

Facebook

Twitter

Alternatively, you can reach out to us via a support ticket HERE or a live chat HERE.

Thank you.