Is anyone else having stuttering on watch_dogs 2?

I keep playing through watch dogs 2 and notice stuttering in the game. Anyone else having this problem? All other games work fine on the system.

​On PC I did have, but I cured the problem by turning down Extra Details to 30% in the in-game settings.

Ubi-Shikallum's Avatar Community Staff
    Hey ScoutzerJack,

Thanks for reaching out and congrats on the PS5 pickup!

Regarding your issue, does the game stutter in any particular points, or is it completely random?

Stutter on PS5

Yep I'm getting it to, I haven't seen this issue this bad on any other game, I've had a few hitches on shadow of the tomb raider, and I'm seen some hitching on Demon souls but that happens to alot of people. Games like AC valhalla PS5 edition don't stutter, neither do games like Miles morales, Mafia remake or final fantasy 15 for open world stuff, I've got 157 hours of persona 5 in flawlessly, control PS5 edition was fine. I've even moved it to the SSD and it stutters. Tried a reinstall still stutters. The intro of the game ran perfect it wasn't until the open world started that this issue cropped up. I highly doubt it's a hard ware issue, I've seen a few people having this issue on reddit but it doesn't seem to be brought up online much probably because it's old game. But the couple of videos of the game running on ps5 on youtube I didn't see this issue. So I have no clue what's up, don't understand how this game can perform this way but even more demanding games then this are fine.

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hello B1ackdamask,

Thank you for the update. Are you able to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further? I've seen your other thread, so feel free to do it either here or there!

Once received, we will be more than happy to look into it. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Stutter on PS5

Originally Posted by Ubi-Mark. Go to original post
    Hello B1ackdamask,

Thank you for the update. Are you able to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further? I've seen your other thread, so feel free to do it either here or there!

Once received, we will be more than happy to look into it. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.
    Sure I can try and upload a video of it to Youtube if that helps, what I can say is it doesn't seem to happen in any specific areas of the game it's just a constant hitching about every 15 seconds. Also even the prerendered custcenes will stutter. I rebuilt my PS5s database just to see if that possibly could help and unfortunately it didn't. I also messed with the 4K transfer rates just to see if it could possibly be a issue with the game and my TV specifically but now luck. But I tested another Ubisoft game AC Vahalla PS5 version for around 2 hours last night and the only time that game stutters is when it autosaves which everyone I know of gets that so I don't believe it's hardware related with my system. Not sure what this is never seen this behavior in a game on PS5 before so I'm taking it as maybe software issue with backwards compatibility.

Ubi-Mark.'s Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by B1ackdamask Go to original post
    Sure I can try and upload a video of it to Youtube if that helps, what I can say is it doesn't seem to happen in any specific areas of the game it's just a constant hitching about every 15 seconds. Also even the prerendered custcenes will stutter. I rebuilt my PS5s database just to see if that possibly could help and unfortunately it didn't. I also messed with the 4K transfer rates just to see if it could possibly be a issue with the game and my TV specifically but now luck. But I tested another Ubisoft game AC Vahalla PS5 version for around 2 hours last night and the only time that game stutters is when it autosaves which everyone I know of gets that so I don't believe it's hardware related with my system. Not sure what this is never seen this behavior in a game on PS5 before so I'm taking it as maybe software issue with backwards compatibility.
    Thank you for the update! After my yesterday's message, I went ahead and installed the copy of Watch Dogs 2 on my PS5 to check if I could reproduce this issue, but with no success, I'm afraid. It might be related to some specific actions that I'm unaware of.

Based on that, it would be really helpful and appreciated if you can share your youtube link with us, so we can investigate it for you

PS5 Stutter

Sorry for the delay I've been super busy so I haven't been able to setup a way to capture the game performance. But what I can say is that I have the Digital version of this game. When I go to install the game fresh it's icon is the White W2 background after a few percent it changes to the picture of the main character, never seen any other game do this. Also once the game is fully downloaded and the PS5 shoes it's 100% completed as soon as you launch the game it starts to download an addiontal 4gb of something even though it's already up to date it says. Making the file size 37gb, now I've not seen any other game do this on PS5, I've done full resets, data rebuilda multiple times it will always do this. So I was experimenting and when the game was downloaded fresh to the SSD I disabled wifi and played the game not allowing the additional 4gb to download and what do you know absolutely no stuttering. Unfortunately that's the only option is to be fully offline. So afterwards I allowed the 4gb to download and boom as soon as more data was installed the stutters return. Luckily they happen very little compared to before which started at every 10 seconds then got even worse to unplayable. Dunno if there's some rogue data going through for some people but I've seen some people play this game with visible stutter on youtube that happens more and some will get it every 5 minutes or so. I highly doubt this is a hardware issue as I said no other game behaves like this. Maybe something devs should look at but the game older so I doubt anything will be fixed, I'm not sure how long you played it could be easy to miss if it happens once in a while like mines doing now.

Ubi-Litten's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for getting back in contact and confirming this information, while I would not be able to provide any further information at this time, please keep an eye on these forums along with our official website and social media outlet for any further news and information. In the meantime, if you would be able to provide a video clip showing this or provide a link to other videos you may have found we will certainly forward these for further review.