Interesting, interesting...

we shall see. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_robot-happy.gif[/img]

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10"><tr valign="middle" bgcolor="#3e463b"><td height="40" colspan="3" align="center">The ongoing IL-2 User's Guide project</a></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#515e2f"><td width="40%">FB engine management:
    Manifold Pressure sucks
    Those Marvelous Props
    Mixture Magic
    Putting It All Together
    Those Fire-Breathing Turbos (Part 1 of 6)</td><td align="center">

‚ =69.GIAP=Chap‚

69.GIAP</p></td><td width="40%" align="right" valign="top">Hardware:
    Flight Simulation Performance Analyzed
    Building a home-made throttle quadrant step by step
    Sound Can Be Hazardous for Games</td></tr></table>

The P39 is nice, I like it. I was also not seeing flutter in hard manuvering, and had zero trouble getting the plane where I needed it to be. Sure fun making holes with those guns. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif[/img]

In the P40, violent snap rolls toward the stall side are quite surprising the first time. I'll have to see if I can get the P30 to that point.

<html>
    <body>
    <table cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="600" align="center">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <font face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><font color="000000">adlabs<font color="#ff9900">6</font></font>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" bgcolor="#42524e">
    <div align="center"><font color="#999999">

<small><font color="#ff6600">NEW</font> at mudmovers! Click the pic to download my skins from mudmovers.com!</small>
    </font>
    Skinner's Guide at mudmovers | Skinner's heaven | IL2skins
    <font color="#999999">
    My Forgotten Battles Webpage Current Wallpaper: <font color="#999999">P-51D Flyover</font></font>

<A HREF="http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zhiwg" TARGET=_blank>"Whirlwind Whiner"
    The first of the few
    </A>
    </div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>

So it seems. I noticed that the engine RPM's are slow to drop after cutting the throttle (I was in MP mode). At first I thought it was a sound glitch, but the dial showed the same thing.

<html>
    <body>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <font face="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"><font color="000000">adlabs<font color="#ff9900">6</font></font>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>

<small><font color="#ff6600">NEW</font> at mudmovers! Click the pic to download my skins from mudmovers.com!</small>
    </font>
    <font color="#999999">
    My Forgotten Battles Webpage Current Wallpaper: <font color="#999999">P-51D Flyover</font></font>

<A HREF="http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zhiwg" TARGET=_blank>"Whirlwind Whiner"
    The first of the few
    </A>
    </div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>

Finally got a nice stall out of the P39 on HL a minute ago. Pulling like heck at 50 meters... rolled into left turn while pulling... boom! Sudden snap like the P40 used to, I missed my chance to recover, went directly to flat spin, game over.

<html>
    <body>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <tr>

</font>
    <font color="#999999">

The first of the few
    </A>
    </div>
    </td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>

I got this baby into a couple of spins. I sure like the p39 - been a fav since the begining - remember too the late p39s are much better than the ones that are so famous for spins and stalls.

Now it's a tossup for me - 190s/p39 - both great fun - also the p40 and p47

I also found that I had no trouble stalling the N1. I kept it more or less out of spins. Just two quickies against an average 190 A4 in the QMB, once with MGs only and once with cannon only. Didn't have much time to test.

I haven't flown the 39s much in FB1.0 because of squadron activities and online wars. From what I noticed they're too easy to recover, and compared to IL-2 they are "hard" to stall but I can't say much about historical accuracy, just as I suspect most of us cannot. I am glad that we get seem to be getting some of the touchiness back, and I will have to have a look at spin recovery. [img]/i/smilies/16x16_robot-happy.gif[/img]

Mike

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10"><tr valign="middle" bgcolor="#3e463b"><td height="40" colspan="3" align="center">The ongoing IL-2 User's Guide project</a></td></tr><tr bgcolor="#515e2f"><td width="40%">FB engine management:
    Manifold Pressure sucks
    Those Marvelous Props
    Mixture Magic
    Putting It All Together
    Those Fire-Breathing Turbos (Part 1 of 6)</td><td align="center">

‚ =69.GIAP=Chap‚

69.GIAP</p></td><td width="40%" align="right" valign="top">Hardware:
    Flight Simulation Performance Analyzed
    Building a home-made throttle quadrant step by step
    Sound Can Be Hazardous for Games</td></tr></table>