Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    This is not a solution, but for those who aren't aware: The Mac licence of Rocksmith is also valid for PC. So, if you have a Windows machine/Dual Boot lying around - you can install the game and continue playing on that.
     1 people found this helpful

I as well am sticking to mac os catalina right now with no plans to update to the newer os, till this issue is resolved.

Any updates on the Big Sur fix?

Update no fix for Big Sur

I have just had an update on the original ticket. No fix available in the near future so advice is not to stay up to date on Mac OS. Disappointing but an answer. Sad day for fans of mobile Rocksmith. Windows partition not possible as I have done it 2 ways before and it is not worth it for the loss in power. I use the laptop outside Rocksmith. Old slow IMac it is. Relegated to a room on my own now. At least the kids have not lost interest. Just can’t play as a family. Would get it for console but game and DLC expensive. Choices are starting to narrow. Hopefully the new version will be out soon.

Message by rocksmith on facebook:

The issues associated with Ubisoft Club Rewards for Rocksmith 2014 should now be fully resolved for all platforms!

Upon logging into the game, all rewards will now be fully unlocked for all players.

Is this a solution to the m1 problem as well?

Originally Posted by Sir.Bongiovi Go to original post
    Message by rocksmith on facebook:

The issues associated with Ubisoft Club Rewards for Rocksmith 2014 should now be fully resolved for all platforms!

Upon logging into the game, all rewards will now be fully unlocked for all players.

Is this a solution to the m1 problem as well?
    No. Completely different issues.

And another first time poster. Did a million people just buy the game on sale or something? Maybe the speculation above was correct. All the old timers have given up on this forum thus only new posters are on here.

Originally Posted by mandrakeqslaq Go to original post
    Any updates on the Big Sur fix?
    The update is there isn't a fix in the works anytime soon (or ever?) as far as we know. Advise not updating to Big Sur unless you have a compelling reason to do so.

Originally Posted by TheJohnNewton Go to original post
    And another first time poster. Did a million people just buy the game on sale or something? Maybe the speculation above was correct. All the old timers have given up on this forum thus only new posters are on here.
    If you look most have had the game for a while and won’t, like me, post on forums unless really compelled to do so. Reason being, we are using this game as a tool to learn or teach our kids. You will also notice how long it has stayed relevant, a sign of how frustrated Rocksmith users are. I started the thread and did so on Steam too. Both still having continued posts.

First time posting is irrelevant to the issue and lack of communication/transparency. It is only in the last days I had a reply to the long term ticket (that was attempted to be closed 3 times) that stated don’t update the Mac and implied no fix coming. Good job I did get that £86 refund from steam. Ubisoft refused of course. Continue to play on an older IMac and am waiting for PS4 pro price to come inline with other platforms.

Just will have to hold out for the new version. Again transparency and loyalty should be rewarded with communication. Companies are there to make money so I am not surprised. Nothing but good to say about Steam and the frustrated Rocksmith fans on these threads. Just wish we didn’t have to use the forums and could play the game as we originally could.

We all need to put tickets in. Unless certain thresholds are met, UBISOFT isn't going to pay someone to fix it. They have probably already cost-analyzed us away. MacOS is a minority of it's users. Two people bothered to putting a ticket in and escalating is going to go no where. We're probably going to need several hundred to even have someone do more than just acknowledge it.

Don't just skip the OS update for a game. Skip the update AND put in a ticket. lol

Originally Posted by jamesatkinson72 Go to original post
    If you look most have had the game for a while and won’t, like me, post on forums unless really compelled to do so. Reason being, we are using this game as a tool to learn or teach our kids. You will also notice how long it has stayed relevant, a sign of how frustrated Rocksmith users are. I started the thread and did so on Steam too. Both still having continued posts.

First time posting is irrelevant to the issue and lack of communication/transparency. It is only in the last days I had a reply to the long term ticket (that was attempted to be closed 3 times) that stated don’t update the Mac and implied no fix coming. Good job I did get that £86 refund from steam. Ubisoft refused of course. Continue to play on an older IMac and am waiting for PS4 pro price to come inline with other platforms.

Just will have to hold out for the new version. Again transparency and loyalty should be rewarded with communication. Companies are there to make money so I am not surprised. Nothing but good to say about Steam and the frustrated Rocksmith fans on these threads. Just wish we didn’t have to use the forums and could play the game as we originally could.
    Again, as I stated before, just an observation with no relevance to the issue in the thread. I’m convinced now the other poster was correct that all the old timers have left so only new posters are showing up.

Would love to see an official statement from Ubisoft regardless of the content of the statement. It seems you got an answer to your ticket but a statement on the forums would be more efficient than one off answers to individual tickets.